Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)

Old 07-10-2008, 03:30 PM   #1
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Crazed Silly Another Day In Thunder Bluff

Xanis Flameweaver took another deep breath from the stub in his mouth, inhaling the finely burnt smoke, before steadily exhaling it out in contentment. Life was peaceful.

"This is some good weed."

"I made it myself. Plucked the ingredients from the fertile soils of the Barrens and brew it with the finest chemicals."

Xanis widened his eyes and stared at the young Tauren male in front of him. Tenderherb was his name, and he was an aspiring Shaman. You don't see many of those these days, and for good reason.

"So I heard you just got your Water Totem recently?" Xanis casually inquired.

"Eh... Yes, so I did."

"Quite an adventure, I heard."

"May... be"

"So... how are Brine and Islen now?"

At the mention of the names, Tenderherb started to shuffle his legs and stare at his hooves intently.

"I heard Brine got into an accident and fell off her foolhardy clifftop hut. Praise be to the Earth Mother that there happened to be a pool of water at the base of the hill," Xanis said, pausing for a moment to take another puff before continuing, "Too bad for her the Hecklefang Hounds decided to become best friends with her. Last I heard, she was last seen running down south Gold Mine Road screaming for forgiveness."

"Is that so..."

"And Islen, ah yes Islen," Xanis chuckled to himself, "I don't know what possessed her to swim on top of Isha Awak..."

"Ah..."

"I heard rumours that she was in fact... dragged there against her will and with stones tied to her ankles to boot..." Xanis said, with a wink in his eye.

"I wouldn't know about that..."

"Just rumours... just rumours," Xanis said breezily as he closed his eyes and inhaled the fumes of his burning stubby, "I bore you though... you've come here for only one thing."

"Yes..."

"Your Air Totem."

"Indeed."

"And from the constipated look on your face, I suppose you are expecting some sort of deliriously deranged sequence of life-threatening quests that requires you to leap through hoops of burning Hellfire, swim the seas of danger, cross the oceans of despair, run on the roads of damnation, and sneak past legions of bloodthristy Alliance people?"

"*cough*"

"What would you do if I told you that you needed to rob the vaults of Ironforge?"

"I would probably seriously reconsider my choice of career."

"Heh, heh... any sane person would. Tell you what. I dunno what possessed that crazy coots to send you running in circles. You just want the damn totem, right? Take the Great Life down into the valley of the Thousand Needles and head east where you'll find Prate Cloudseer in a cave. She'll pass you your Air Totem."

"That's it?"

Xanis grinned, "I could make it harder, if you want."

"Hell no! Thanks, Xanis. You're the best!"

"Ain't I... ain't I..."

~~~~ ~~~~

If I ever find out who was the one who thought out the Call of Water quest and met him/her in person, I would probably be obliged on behalf of all Shaman players to give him/her a giant wedgie...

No, seriously... sadist much?

Natch.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 05:49 PM   #2
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Default Re: Another Day In Thunder Bluff

Call of water = Play as a fedex delivery man
Old 07-11-2008, 12:54 AM   #3
burnzey boi
Red Wizard of Thay

I would add to the story but alas i have no Tauren characters LOL (Besides a 29 drood). But this is what i wouldve said.. (Just for the record i am making it nighttime )

Burnzey walks up to Xanis, the smell of undead flesh potruding heavily through the winds carried through to the Tauren's large nostrils. Taking a soft patch of grass, he plumped his bony behind and stared up towards the heavens. The stars all formed together to form a synchronized picture, the constilations of the world of Azeroth seemed to form all the great heroes from the past. He looked over his shoulder towards the lone Tauren, still puffing on his stub, its light glowing in the dark like a beacon.

At the moment i can't really think of anything to say but eh

(Main)Undead Mage - 70, Orc Warrior - 70, Blood Elf Paladin - 70, Orc Shaman - 70, Troll Rogue - 70,
Orc Hunter - 65, UD Warlock 61, BE Priest 60, Tauren Drood - 60
OM NOM NOM NOM
burnzey boi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 02:03 AM   #4
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

Your 10 day trial seems to be extra ordinary long Dundee.
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 11:31 AM   #5
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Looks like Dundee's enjoying things. Welcome to WoW mate.

Memnoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 06:31 AM   #6
Lavindathar
Harper

Yeah the call of water questline sucks. Just constant running!

My shammy is 61 atm, go go go!