Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 12-04-2004, 09:05 PM   #11
Variol (Farseer) Elmwood
Jack Burton

So, is it kind of like MSN? And how do so many people chat at the same time? Do you see what they're typing as they're doing it? Am I getting warm?
Old 12-04-2004, 09:10 PM   #12
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Yeah, we've had one, and it was fun while it lasted. Ask Sigmar, he practically lived in that chatroom.
Old 12-04-2004, 09:40 PM   #13
RoSs_bg2_rox
Zartan

I would probably live their too. Il go ask him now

It is better than msn, as many people as can be bothered to be on can chat at the same time. You see what they are typing once they have typed it. It is a great program...my current connection time for the new version is 2000hours methinks.

Spirits, making the channel is easy, but it is nice to have a Chanserv etc. in there, we'l see.
Old 12-04-2004, 09:41 PM   #14
Jaradu
Silver Dragon

Bloody Pingu Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Spirits forever:
wait jaradu did you make the channel already?
Yeah, I made a channel - but only a temporary one. We're going to need a certain number of people to join the channel before we can request a Bot to keep the channel running all the time. I have to close it now anyway because it's waaay past my bedtime. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

[ 12-04-2004, 10:37 PM: Message edited by: Jaradu ]
Old 12-04-2004, 09:49 PM   #15
RoSs_bg2_rox
Zartan

Well I'l keep it running just now, just for the sake of it. If anyone wants to join it is on irc.quakenet.org and channel Ironworks
Old 12-04-2004, 09:49 PM   #16
Spirits forever

Quote:
Originally posted by Jaradu:
quote:
Originally posted by Spirits forever:
Quote:
wait jaradu did you make the channel already?
Yeah, I made a channel - but only a temporary one. We're going to need a certain number of people to join the channel before we can request a Bot to keep the channel running all the time. I have to close it now anyway because it's waaay past my bedtime. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
oh gotcha,
chanserv...such a pain..same goes for nickserv, ...

hope this'll happen, and Varioul, no you don't see what they are typing as they type it, it's like msn, only it's with MORE ppl, alot more.. well that really depends on how many are there, but the possibility
and yeah, you were getting closer.

Old 12-04-2004, 10:01 PM   #17
Variol (Farseer) Elmwood
Jack Burton

..guess I'll just have to have a look... if good sir RoSs_bg2_rox will have me..
Old 12-04-2004, 10:02 PM   #18
Jaradu
Silver Dragon

Bloody Pingu Champion
How to join the channel

If you don't already have it, download and open mIRC: Here.

1) In the text box at the bottom, type this:
/server irc.quakenet.org

2) Then:
/join #ironworks

You're on! To change your name, type:
/nick Your-nick-here

Currently me and Ross are in the channel... but he's gone to play a bit of WarCraft... crazy WC junkie. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

I've decided that I can't be arsed to go to bed - I'll stay and maintain the channel with Ross until enough people join that we can make the channel permanent.
Old 12-04-2004, 11:14 PM   #19
Cerek
Registered Member
Iron Throne Cult

The original IW chatroom DID get abused - but not by trolls. It was started shortly before a rather ugly incident occurred involving a long time member who made some very rude remarks and gestures towards a Moderator. Naturally, the member was banned for their actions.

But there were a handful of newer members that were friends with this person and a couple of them went into the chatroom and did an excessive amount of flaming towards IW in general and Ziroc in particular (IIRC). I didn't see the comments they made myself. But they basically stayed in the chat room and flamed anybody and everybody that came in there. Ziroc had no choice but to shut the chatroom down completely. He also added the newer members to the Banned List for their actions.
Old 12-04-2004, 11:20 PM   #20
Spirits forever

Quote:
Originally posted by Cerek:
The original IW chatroom DID get abused - but not by trolls. It was started shortly before a rather ugly incident occurred involving a long time member who made some very rude remarks and gestures towards a Moderator. Naturally, the member was banned for their actions.

But there were a handful of newer members that were friends with this person and a couple of them went into the chatroom and did an excessive amount of flaming towards IW in general and Ziroc in particular (IIRC). I didn't see the comments they made myself. But they basically stayed in the chat room and flamed anybody and everybody that came in there. Ziroc had no choice but to shut the chatroom down completely. He also added the newer members to the Banned List for their actions.
wow! that stinks..
well lets hope this one turns out better ^^