Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Roleplaying > Ironworks Online Roleplaying

Old 01-16-2002, 03:45 PM   #1
Killing Spree
Mephistopheles

Welcome Wanderers!

Hail! For those of you who don’t know me, I am Spree. For those of you who do, cinnamon pop-tarts. I’m here offering you a chance to play in unique RPG. Why is it unique? Well, the reason I’ve been delaying so long is because I created this world from scratch.

I call her Nomgrella, but you won’t be hearing that name so often. Instead, you’ll probably hear the name of your home-town, which varies depending on the race and class you choose. If you are a bard, you are assured a spot in Rhykatam, the busy metropolis named for Mesrhy, goddess of culture. If you are an elven ranger, prepare for one of the Dragon’s Clutch, but if you are that same elvish person under the influence of magic, home will likely be near a temple of Ciretose. Of course, there is a place in Nomgrella’s heart for the psychopaths as well, and a lovely grave in the Red Silence may suit you just fine. These are only a few examples. Over time you may journey over the span of this vast inland country, or you may die before you reach the Bulwark River (Assuming you made it past the gate of your home town.).

There are no real nit-picky rules. Just make sure not to be a power-playing, stoneskin fanatic munchkin. That ticks me off. Ask questions if you’re confused. Don't join unless you plan to be active, and other than that, just play nice out of character and we should all get along just fine!

So… You’re still here? I take it you want to join then! All right then. I’ll warn you now that I can take no more than 15 players. So type with haste! (LOL)

To join you must give me some information about your character. NOTE that your character doesn’t need to be anything like you. If in real life you are a quiet, reserved, law-abiding, petite woman then feel free to play an out-spoken, rambunctious, tall roguish man. Just make sure you stick to the role you create. That rogue should not be a shy fellow according to the description I just gave him. Know that all races, classes, kits, and spells. come from Baldur’s Gate 2. I’m creative, but I’m not THAT creative just yet. So if you were disappointed with SOA’s array of magics, don’t play a mage here. What I am adding is sub-races. (I.e. gray elves and mountain dwarves) I’ve got a list of a few of those below, but I will accept others as well. Just make sure you know the difference! A sub-race is not required by any means, but it can make things more interesting.

Sub-Races

Dwarves
  • Hill Dwarves
  • Deep Dwarves
  • Derro
  • Duergar (gray dwarves)
  • Mountain Dwarves
  • Shield Dwarves
  • Wild Dwarves
  • Gold Dwarves

Elves
  • High Elves
  • Aquatic Elves (sea elves)
  • Drow (dark elves)
  • Gray Elves
  • Wild Elves (grugach)
  • Wood Elves (sylvan elves)
  • Gold Elves
  • Moon Elves

Gnomes
  • Rock Gnomes
  • Svirfneblin (deep gnomes)
  • Forest Gnomes

Halflings
  • Lightfeet
  • Tallfellows
  • Deep Halflings
  • Hairfoot
  • Stout

Keep in mind that sub-races can be a dangerous thing. Think twice before marching your drow through the gates of Grella Castle!

Now, without further ado, here is the list of joining information:
  • Class (and kit if you have one)
  • Alignment
  • Proficiencies (favorite weapons)
  • Character’s Personality
  • Physical Description Of Character
  • Name

That is the basic information. Keep in mind if you are a ranger you’ll need to tell me your racial enemy, if you’re a cleric you’ll need to tell me a deity, and things like that. Speaking of which, each character is probably going to worship one deity or another even if they aren’t a cleric-so here is a list of gods/goddesses and what they represent, as well as their seat city/town if they have one.
  • Ciretose- God of knowledge and the arcane arts. His worshipers are generally mages.
  • Nedraw- Father of elves. He is the elven creation god and most surface-dwelling elves do worship him. Seat of Retaw.
  • Liril- Goddess of woodsfolk. Her worshippers are generally rangers and druids. Seat of Lirina.
  • Taryt- An evil god of murder, assassins, and death. His followers range from dark assassins to necromancers.
  • Tareniti- Goddess of wandering. Many people seeking changes in their lives will turn to Tereniti. Seat of Talever, but she is wide-spread and widely liked.
  • Yiralih- God of gnomes who values comedy in his teachings. Worshipped by gnomes.
  • Ecreoc- God of monsters. Followed by the evil monstrosities that can understand the concept of religion.
  • Liatramo- God of warriors and battle. Worshipped in times of need.
  • Zanimod- An evil god of greed and power. Worshipped by many of evil alignments.
  • Atsill- God of tradition. Worshipped only by dwarves.
  • Parrae- God who represents insanity. Underground and bloody sacrificial cults are erected by his followers that are not in asylums.
  • Elek- A neutral god of equality. Many people turn to him as a general god, but a fair portion of his followers are druids.
  • Mesrhy- Goddess of culture. Bards favor her. Seat of Rhykatam.
  • Myathea- Goddess of pity and sympathy for fellows. Many poorer peoples follow Myathea.
  • Veseer- God of strict discipline and zeal. Followed primarily by paladins and their kin.
  • Conlea- A goddess of home and happiness. This goddess is favored by and favors Halflings, but offers atonement to all.

Of course you character can always be an atheist… Heh heh heh… If you play a cleric I will give you more information on your chosen deity.

That’s all you’ll need to tell me, and I’ll notify you if there’re any problems. (Please, just don’t try to give me a hermaphroditic drow druid that worships Veseer. You should know better than that!) Agh, and uh, try to be a little creative with your character’s personalities and physical characteristics. You only get one character, make the best of it! We will begin probably within a few days, (maybe the 18th or 19th) it all depends on how fast ya'll get in here!

[ 01-16-2002: Message edited by: Killing Spree ]

[ 01-17-2002: Message edited by: Killing Spree ]

Old 01-16-2002, 03:56 PM   #2
Sir Exxon
Zartan

Hmm, this sounds like fun.
Can I join?
This is me, Arleth:

Male High Elven ranger
Racial enemy: Raksasha
Alignment: Lawful Good
Proficiences: ++++ scimitar
+++ two weapon style
+ warhammers
Arleth is a ranger of first class, he strive to prevail good, and to defeat evil. You will mostly find him outside in the wood, where he trains, prays to his god Nedraw, and just enjoys the beauty of the wild nature.
He is in good health, has no big damages, is strong, hardy and wise.

see ya!
Sir Exxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2002, 04:30 PM   #3
Killing Spree
Mephistopheles

Hail Arleth!

Deciding Your Location...

Being a traditional Nedraw worshipping elf puts you somewhere on the Eastern side of the Bulwark River. Being a high elf, however, generally keeps you from the Dragon's Clutch, which is more inhabited by wood and wild elves. Therefore, you are somewhere West of the Wood of Last Words and not within the sickle pass and Peaks of Dragons...

Arleth, your tale begins in the elven founded town of Mosreed. Mosreed is the southernmost establishment in the country. It's on the Eastern side of the Bulwark River. That very river which divides the country in two is only about a days walk from your town. Unfortunately, crossing is another matter. The ferry is quite a ways North, and it would take you the better part of a week to get there on foot. Mosreed is rather remote. The closest village being River-Rest two days away, and the closest city Evitan which is right next to the ferry. As a ranger however, you would be happy. Mosreed is within vision of the Wood Of Last Words, the vastest forest in the lands. The town depends on the wood for a lot of its food, since caravans normally go no farther than the sickle pass. You can expect a crowd every two monthes when a wagon does make its way to your town. Mosreed's primary trading partner is River-Rest, and the relationship between the two civilizations is remarkable. There are no other places that hold such a bond in the whole of the country. Your other neighbor would be the Dragon's Clutch, which is a union of the three elven settlements of Todmey, Llitrium, and Retaw. There are two ways to get there. One is to take the sickle pass from River-Rest, which will take about 5 days. The other is to journey through the Wood of Last Words. A quicker path at 2 days, but far more trecherous. Your role in town is like that of all the other rangers. First and foremost, you must help hunt and forage for your town. Each ranger has a quota to fill each month, and the rest of the time is free for them to explore. Though you do not spend so much time in your town, you do know it like the back of your hand. It is not a crowded place, and truly rather peaceful, as any threats come from the wood. It houses shrines, one to your god Nedraw, the other to the goddess Liril. The majority of classed peoples in Mosreed are druids and rangers like you. In spite of its remote location, Mosreed does recieve a fair amount of visitors. (Mainly from The Dragon's Clutch and River-Rest.) The tavern is in the Western-most corner of the town, and is called "The Bear's Cave." Your home is on the Eastern border, as close to the woods as you could dare.

There you are! Hope that's detailed enough for you! You'll begin exploring Mosreed as soon as I decide to kindle the game.
Killing Spree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2002, 05:00 PM   #4
Lucre
Elminster

I'd like to join!
My character is Elle the Moon Elf Cleric!(im making this up from the top of my head).

Name: Elle
Race: Moon Elf(can you PM me or something to tell me what a moon elf comes from and their traits etc.)
Class: Cleric, Priestess of Myathea
Alignment: Neutral Good
Proficiencies: Mace +, Club +, Flail +, Warhammer +.
I'll finish off the rest tomorrow sometime, i have to get off now.
Lucre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2002, 05:12 PM   #5
thalali
Dungeon Master

I'm in

Male sea/moon elf
Thief/assasin
bow and arrow/agical devices
chaotic good
Thalali
thalali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2002, 05:21 PM   #6
thalali
Dungeon Master

uuummmm spree is alright I use the same character? because I didn't start with him yet.

[ 01-16-2002: Message edited by: thalali ]

thalali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2002, 06:32 PM   #7
Killing Spree
Mephistopheles

Hail Elle!

The moon-elves are generally a kind people, fitting to your role as a priestess of Myathea. However, poverty is no real issue in the lands native to the elves. Therefore, you are on the Western side of the Bulwark River. There are many large cities here, and therefore many slums. Rhykatam is the largest city, but also very prosperous. In this case, you are somewhere to the east of Lake Eharra and North of the ferry...

Elle, your tale begins the bustling city of Karamikay. Karamikay is settled far to the North. In fact, there is only one settlement farther North than it. It's on the Western side of the Bulwark River. Your city is primarily so busy because of how close it is to the river, and even more so to the ferry. Indeed it is the closest settlement on the Western side! The ferry is only a few hours walk away from home. Your neighbors are the cities of Khalidin and Serinaquei. These three cities form a triangle, and so it is never more than 5 hours to get from one of them to either of the other two. Apart from your city's "sisters" there is Evitan, which lies just across the river. Where's you are the closest to the ferry in the West, Evitan is closest in the East. You live in quite possibly the busiest area in the country, and there are many shrines and temples in your city. Karamikay hosts two fine temples, one to your goddess Myathea and the other to Elek. The final religous sanctuary in the city is a shrine to Liatramo. This is due to the city's location. In times of war or peace Karamikay is easily accessed, and so prayers to the god of war are sent by the cautious. Your role in the city is that of a healer. Not everybody is fortunate, and your goddess teaches good will to the less fortunate. The temple you dwell is located in the North-Western corner of the city, fairly close to the gate of Serinaquei. The sick and wounded often come to your door, and you and your fellow clerics are only obliged to help them. The followers of Myathea are kind-hearted and generous people with inheritantly soft faces and calm smiles. Your uniform is that of a yellow robe and a grin equally as soft. What time you have apart from helping the needy is usually spent in medetation, and taking occasional quiet walks near the woods your heritage was so fond of. You goddess offers you enlightenment and peace, and you feel you have recieved it. There are other elves and people you can trust within your temple, and your days are spent at a noble cause. The majority of classed people in your city are warriors or clerics like you, though it is fairly diverse. Your home is on the opposite side of the city from the temple, so you know the lay-out of Karamikay fairly well.

As for your troubles with moon-elves, don't worry about it. Just know that physically you should be somewhat small, have amethyst or gray eyes, and an uncanny ability to dance in the moonlight. (LOL)
Old 01-16-2002, 06:57 PM   #8
Killing Spree
Mephistopheles

Hail Thalali!

You are of odd blood, but it is unlikely with such river acess that you would stay with your moon-elven bretheren. Therefore, you probably lived with the Aquatic Elves at the bottom of Lake Eharra for a time, but upon coming of age ventured to a nearby city...

Thalali, your tale begins in Khalidin. Khalidin the westernmost city of the triangle. The triangle of course is made up of Khalidin, Karamikay, and Serinaquei. It's no more than 5 hours to reach either of the sisters from any other on foot. You are comparitavely close to the ferry, and if you walk through Karamikay it would take you around 8 hours to reach there. You however have sea-elven blood, and so a boat is a mindless invention to you! You came from the Eastern coast of Lake Eharra, of which Khalidin is in plain sight of. If the ferry was truly your destination, you'd probably swin a branch of the Bulwark to get there in half the time. Your gills come in handy at times like these, but you're still somewhat awkward on the land. Being raised beneath the waves, many surface customs make little sense to you. One such thing is religion. "Beneath the water there is no place for the Gods to hide. There is no sky for them to look down on us from." This is what you and your aquatic bretheren would likely say. In time you may be converted, but until somebody makes a conscious effort, you are atheist. Khalidin is a fairly adventerous and diverse city, even when compared to its sisters. Though you don't care, there are shrines to the gods and goddesses Tareniti, Conlea, and Taryt. Your home is technically under the water with your mother, but now that you have surfaced you live in a tavern. You board in the tavern closest to the lake you called home, a place called 'The Siren's Call'. Your occupation is that of a fisherman, and you make short work of your quotas. This is boring but fast work for you, and it leaves the majority of the day for you to explore. As you trod the streets you occasionally pick a random noble pocket. As time progressed you mortered certain berries with aquatic weeds and you now hold a side market of selling quality poisons. Whether those poisons are for insects or kings is generally up to you.
Old 01-16-2002, 07:14 PM   #9
mistral4543
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Pop-tarts, yes... but cinnamon? [img]graemlins/1ponder.gif[/img] I'm not so sure about that And then, there's the anti-stoneskin regulation [img]tongue.gif[/img] ... oh, what the heck... I'm in

Name: Mistral

Physical Description: Black hair, dark brown eyes

Race: Human

Alignment: Lawful Neutral

Class: Sorceress, Ciretose

Proficiencies: Quarterstaff+ Sling+ Single Weapon+

Character's Personality: Striving for balance of good and evil, but following the lawful path. Taciturn loner. Uses brains and intuition, more than brawn
mistral4543 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2002, 07:54 PM   #10
Skydracgrrl
Silver Dragon

Aw, only one character? what if my character happens to have a draconic partner..? ;-( well, looks like Lyulfe is going to have to sit out on this one... *sigh* anyways, here's my character profile

Skye
female
elf
bladebard
good neutral
Proficiencies:
+++ dagger
+++ longbow
++++ bastardsword
Character’s Personality:
Very easygoing and easy to get along with, Skye always has a smile on her face, and practically everyone (including strangers) finds it easy to confide and trust her. Not wanting to have an opinion of any side, she doesn't follow any deity nor support any particular government. Because of this trait, Skye is usually a good mediator, and her friendly personality makes her a good bard. Sometimes she is a bit clumsy, but despite that she is a very lethal fighter. She has long dark blonde hair plaited into a braid to her butt, and has hazel eyes with an odd shade of violet in them. Skye is usually found in a tavern, entertaining the populace, or wandering about the countryside, in search for exciting quests (and inspirations for songs).

This good? ^_^ cant wait