Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 08-21-2001, 07:13 PM   #1
hagimihale
Manshoon

Anyone else encounter this problem? I killed Firkraag the Red Dragon, got the key and opened the cell where Garren's daughter is being held. She won't leave!!! I try to talk to her and she gives me the same reply she first gave me: "please save me, you need a special key, dont endanger yourself by fighting that dragon, etc". I tried to cast Charm or Dominate but she still wont follow me out of the temple. I went back to Garren's house without the daughter to talk with him and he says "please save my daughter".

I figure this is a bug but I downloaded the most recent patch and it still wont work. I can always leave and start another quest and come back for her.. but I'm leaving around 40,000 exp back there by doing so...

any thoughts?
Old 08-21-2001, 07:26 PM   #2
Mordar
Elite Waterdeep Guard

You were supposed to make a deal with Firkraag and he would send a mage up with the key. After you kill the mage you take his key and open the door. Maybe that triggers Garren's daugther to be willing to come along. Indeed a bug if you'd ask me. After the deal you can kill the dragon. You wouldn't mind another fight with the dragon, would you?
Old 08-21-2001, 07:30 PM   #3
hagimihale
Manshoon

I did that. Talked with Firkraag & he sent his mage upstairs. Defeated the mage and opened the cell to free Garren's daughter. She gave me the same "free me, dont fight the dragon" speech. Went back downstairs and kicked some lizard butt. Went back upstairs again but she wont leave with me. Its like she doesnt realize the cell door is open.

I think the programmers call it a trigger.. and something hasnt been triggered yet.
Old 08-21-2001, 07:32 PM   #4
debiler
Red Wizard of Thay

Hagimihale, head over to the general discussions. You are member #3000!!!

------------------
Calvin the bold the malt beer lord is in!
Old 08-22-2001, 12:09 AM   #5
Alaric
Manshoon

I did not experience that problem. Have you download the patch for the game?

------------------
All the world is a stage and we are all actors playing our parts.
Old 08-22-2001, 10:08 AM   #6
Redblueflare
Galvatron

I had the same exact problem before, just with a different person, and in a different place. I think it's some sort of glitch. Do you have TOB installed? You might need some sort of patch.

------------------
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, I just don't have to listen.
Old 08-22-2001, 10:50 AM   #7
hagimihale
Manshoon

hey all, thanx for the replies. I finally figured it out. Went back to a save before I fought Conster. This time, after I beat him, I made sure my main character got the key and opened the cell door. (last time, one of my NPC's had the key and opened it). This did the trick, she said to meet her back at Garren's house and left... and I got the exp. points. I wonder if that's the trigger - that your main character needs to have the key in his/her possession?