Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 12-16-2000, 02:01 AM   #1
thoon
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Well, I got to see the closing sequence, so I suppose I'm finished, but my experience was passing strange. After (finally!) getting everything right there seemed to be three options:
1) join up with CET. In this case you have to kill Anephas, which I couldn't do (yet). Reluctant to try (I'm the guy that replayed nearly 4 hours of BG because I didn't want my lead character to be a fallen Paladin) and

1a) Now that I think of it ... I believe the door is open at this stage ... maybe you can run for it and not fight Anephas...

2) Kill Cet and refuse to give the Mavin to Anephas. In this case I got some portentious speeches, they both left for heaven (without inviting me!), I saw the closing sequence, my paladin became a valkyrie and was enjoined to help the undead trapped between heaven and earth. hm.

3) Kill Cet and agree to give the Mavin to Anephas. In this case they both quit talking, refused to take the Mavin, my weapons wouldn't touch them, and the door was locked so I couldn't get out.

I suppose this last is a bug, but who knows? Maybe time stops when you offer the Mavin.

Has anyone considered the possibility that this is not the end of the game? I certainly would not put it past DWB to have another dungeon open up after Cet is dead (or alive and Anephas is dead). The patch readme makes a point that the teleport block is removed from the pyramid now, so you can get back in after you have been teleported to Brimloch Roon. This suggests that you might want to.

When I first installed the patch, the background disappeared from the character icon in the upper left corner of the screen. It returned when I rebooted the next day. ??

When I got the Lich's heart, the first time, the character who picked it up had a full inventory and (supposedly) dropped it on the ground. It showed on Spirit eye but I could neither see it nor pick it up. I had to reload. The same thing happened to me with the Mavin signet at the beginning of the game.

Also, the elevator would not come back up. When I jumped down the shaft, the elevator started, but would not go all the way down. I had to jump off the building. (I know, you've been playing W&W too much if you decide to jump off the building when the elevator doesn't work)

I haven't played those parts without the patch, so I don't know what the situation was before.

On the positive side, after patching the renderings are visibly sharper and the colors better, also the dungeon a little brighter. I haven't checked the other readme claims.

Today's cynical thought: Is the Angel Kerah actually an aging, out-of-work stripper?

And, no, long-suffering forum members, you aren't rid of me yet. I will check out some of these things and, of course, pontificate on the game now that I may have finished.
thoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2000, 04:52 AM   #2
carg
The Magister

Congrats on finishing the game. (Giving your enthousiastic posting on this forum I knew it had to happen sooner or later.)
At 3) : with me anephas accepted the sword, and they went off happily ever after, with Kerah leaving her sword as consolation price for taking the mavin. After that I got the ending and I ended up in Brimloch again. (Of course without plundering the chests!)
But of course it's not the end: over 100 years some new fool will start hunting you for the mavin.
This will continue up to W&W 6, after which Bioware will buy Heuristic Park, and Gael Serran will have to fend Cet of by itself.

Actually I can think of little to say about your other remarks, except that they are in the category of problems I expect every now and then with this game.
Sometimes objects seem to percieve the floor at a different level that your eyes do (see bottom of chests etc.) That might easily account for small objects getting lost.
About the cynical thought: wouldn't that mean Anephas is her pimp?
carg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2000, 09:06 AM   #3
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

If Kerah is an ageing ........
And Anephas is her ....
Does that make Cet her .... naw!

Interesting ponderings, thoon! Certainly would add some new goals to a replay of the game!
Glad to hear that you will still be pontificating! Would have missed you otherwise!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2000, 10:33 PM   #4
thoon
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Carg: HEY! Waddayamean, "sooner or later"? I slid through this puppy like a snake through tall grass. Um. Almost.

And both of you, don't you know a stripper is a dancer, an arteest of body motion. They don't have pimps. No indeed.
thoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2000, 04:03 AM   #5
carg
The Magister

Yes they do. Only they're called managers.
carg is offline   Reply With Quote