Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Old 01-21-2010, 04:42 AM   #11
Armen
Symbol of Cyric

Default Re: new game

{hangs head}

new kensai(15)->thief has done all the quests before heading to the final chapter

and stopped

new MC cleric/ranger is on the way to nalia's keep . . .

Last edited by Armen; 01-21-2010 at 04:49 AM.
Armen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 09:11 AM   #12
Armen
Symbol of Cyric

having an issue i haven't had before

using slayer change to beat (improved?*) faldorn (multi-stronghold mod) works as normal

after the battle i'm still taking damage which i can keep on top of for, what, a couple of rounds and then whatever state of health i'm in , i instant die - happens whether i 'rest in the grove' or don't

there's nothing in the battle text to indicate where the damage is coming from

any thoughts?

* i don;t remember if i took the faldorn compnent out actually but i think i probably did, anyway . .
Old 01-31-2010, 09:34 AM   #13
Kezardin
Elminster

It sounds like you're taking damage from staying too long as the slayer. If you get the message about 'losing control' it's your last warning

If you''re changing out of the Slayer shape after defeating Faldorn it's possibly a bug.
Kezardin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 02:19 PM   #14
Armen
Symbol of Cyric

i wondered about that but hadn't had anything like it before - i'll have a try to see if i can change back quicker but with the cutscenes and dialogs i'm not sure how

thanks a lot
Old 02-03-2010, 01:05 AM   #15
Illumina Drathiran'ar
Apophis

5 Card Draw Champion

Um, completely unrelated (and yes, I agree that you should try and change back quicker)... When I saw this thread it occurred to me that I had a game in Chapter 3 that I had sort of forgotten about, and now I'm replaying the game. Forgotten how awesome it was, and finally getting around to finishing that pesky Anomen romance through ToB.

Saved a lot of the major battles and quests for the endgame, and now I'm upset that I did- it's way too easy to do it with a party, but I get bored when I solo because I miss the banters, interplay, and party comments. If only there was some sort of middleground... Also, maybe finally giving BGT a try? Who can say?

http://xkcd.com/386/
http://www.xkcd.com/406/

My heart is like my coffee. Black, bitter, icy, and with a straw.
Illumina Drathiran'ar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 10:56 AM   #16
Armen
Symbol of Cyric

it's a great game, as we all probably think, but it's also one of the few that my rubbish PC and even worse monitor can cope with so it's pretty much the only game i ever play

in my last game i never got bored of the ease and novelty of a high-level cleric/ranger sneaking up to groups of (improved) undead including liches and just blowing them all up - so satisfying after the low-level hoping-the-fear-would-expire-before-i-died