Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-20-2001, 06:01 PM   #31
MILAMBER
Lord Soth

I think he ran away! I was just thinking about it, and with the spells available at level 9, it would just about be impossible. He would be lucky to even get a hit off on the dragon. If he is at level 9, that means he couldn't have done any other quests, which means he doesen't have barely any + anything weapons. Setting traps is the only way possible.

------------------
Tremble and despair, for I am power! All here are now judged, and are found wanting.
Old 03-20-2001, 06:04 PM   #32
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by MILAMBER:
I think he ran away! I was just thinking about it, and with the spells available at level 9, it would just about be impossible. He would be lucky to even get a hit off on the dragon. If he is at level 9, that means he couldn't have done any other quests, which means he doesen't have barely any + anything weapons. Setting traps is the only way possible.

he wouldnt even do enough dmg with traps, unless he has a party of bounty hunters, which obviously he didn't

Old 03-20-2001, 06:16 PM   #33
MILAMBER
Lord Soth

tis true. Do I smell a deception?

------------------
Tremble and despair, for I am power! All here are now judged, and are found wanting.
Old 03-20-2001, 07:56 PM   #34
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Boy you guys are really on this guy eh?

------------------
Old 03-20-2001, 08:10 PM   #35
bodhidharma
Elite Waterdeep Guard

The best spell to cast on him while he is still neutral is feeblemind. It may take a time or two to get it to work, but when it does he is literally a sitting duck. It will take you awhile to actually kill him, but he doesn't cast any spells or attack, and only has his natural magic resistance to defend himself.

Old 03-20-2001, 08:38 PM   #36
Parmenion
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Maybe I'm a wimp or something, but I sort of used set traps about seven or eight times, (suddenly a dynamite laden cavern springs to mind!)(Jan Janson!) Raised a few monsters! (Couple of wyverns and Montain bears! And hit him with that ring of the ram, and horn of blasting!

My Paladin then killed him! (did I mention he had that dragonslayer sword?)

------------------
You ain't seen me! Right?
Old 03-20-2001, 10:53 PM   #37
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by ladyzekke:
Boy you guys are really on this guy eh?

you are right about everything but one

you should say: " Boys you guys are...."
Old 03-20-2001, 11:05 PM   #38
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

250 -

------------------
Old 03-21-2001, 06:30 AM   #39
Corinthian
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hello 250,
QUOTE ORIGINALLY POSTED BY 250:
you beat him at level 9? list detailed equipment, strategy, characters please.

P.S. watch out that I catch liers faster than you can say "ohh shi...."

[This message has been edited by 250 (edited 03-19-2001).]

Sorry it took me so long to respond but I play BG2 on a mates computer and only come to this site every 2 to 3 days.I havent been hiding dude .
Anyway you asked for a detailed description, I'll base it on memory as I killed Firkraag about a month and a half ago.I hope it will suffice.
My party was comprised of:
1.Me, I am playing Dwarven berseker.
2.Keldorn.
3.Minsc.
4.Jaheira.
5.Aerie.
6.Jan Jansen.

I am not sure what the levels of the other characters were, but mine was level 9-and Windspear was the second place I went to after leaving Akhlatla(after completing The D'Arnise keep mission).
Anyway as for armament I cant remember exactly what I had on.I do recall weilding the Dragon Shield and the Dragon Slayer sword and I gave the Dragon Helm to Jaheira.Minsc was weilding the Elven Court Bow(?)+3, anyway the one you get in Windspear after killing the Adamantite Golem.I think Keldorn had his own stuff(Firecam armour and the Sword his God gave him)-I cant recall what the others had, sorry.
Right, the actual battle:
I began with the standard stuff.Bless, Chant, Protection from Evil, Defensive Harmony, Haste etc.Importantly I gave my guys lots of fire protection-especially Khalad, Keldorn, and Jaheira.My plan was to have these guys up front in the battle, Khalad and Keldorn in close combat with Jaheira as a back up tank and close to hand with her healing spells-she would, ideally, break off combat to heal them and herself when necessary.
Minsc would hang back and attack with bows and arrows, while the mages would do their mage thing.
Jaheira began with magic resistance, which actually brings down Firkraags resistance as others have said.Then Jan and Imoen cast lower resistance and greater malison.The groundwork layed I attacked.
My tanks immediately attacked while Aerie cast holy smite(?), and Jan began taking shots with the flasher launcher.Minsc opened up with arrows of piercing, and once he began I berserked him.
***On a side note, I did fight Firkraags stooge independently, sorry I didnt mention this earlier***
After Aerie let off Holy Smite, she yanked out her wand of frost and began blazing away.Jan fired off a while lot of magic missiles interspered with bolts from his flasher launcher.After Minsc had let off a few bolts of percing he switched to frost arrows.
My tanks took a pounding (I was berserked) and were wing buffeted a couple of times, but they came right back in.
250, eventually I wore him down I think more than anything.As I said I ws a bit lucky, as I lost Keldorn and Jaheira in the battle and the rest of my guys were all seriously injured.I remember seeing Firkraag shaping for another fireball which would destroy my group, or at least my PC who was still up front hacking away...when with the last charge of her wand Aerie took him down.

Well thats it dude, I hope it satisfied you but I'm not a "liar".Anyway I think I've read CloudBringer say she took him down at a low level as well so I'm not the only one.If you have a response aimed at me or any questions it'll be probably Friday before I can respond.Later.

------------------
Have you ever wondered, little bird, what it must be like to look at the world through the eyes of a God?
Old 03-21-2001, 12:42 PM   #40
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

first of all, you never fought Firakaag? you dont know that he cast stoneskin in the beginning?

second, every melee engage Firakaag begins with a dispel, so your chant, haste, and such will not work

third, where did you get Lower Resistence? the only place sells it is Trademeet, and you obviously havent freed trademeet

fourth, minsc got arrow of pirecing, where did he get that? didn't you say you used arrow of frost?

fifth, everyone else at lvl 11 should have a thac0 around 8 (which is what a lvl 9 fighter with weapon supposed to have, they CAN NOT hit Firakaag with -12AC) you seemed to be ignoring this point

sixth, EVEN IF you had lower resistence, it lasts for how long... 9 rounds? that is approximately 60 dmg done from Arie with frost wand(proven already) and Jan with magic missle: (1 + 1d4) X 5 X 5 = 87.5 therefore, a total of 147.5 dmg, that is FAR from killing Firakaag because he has spell Heal (fully cure)

give us some more evident