Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-22-2002, 09:15 PM   #1
Willard
Fzoul Chembryl

...spell? You can only name the ones that you have actually cast. I think my favorite so far would have to be Ice Storm (Is that what you call it, that 5th level Druid spell). What would your favs be?
Old 08-23-2002, 07:45 AM   #2
DraconisRex

Incediary cloud... BBQ Orc... Yum, yum..
Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?<br /><br />Vah! Denuone Latine loquebar? Me ineptum. Interdum modo elabitur.<br /><br />Di! Ecce hora! Uxor mea me necabit!
DraconisRex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2002, 07:52 AM   #3
Glorfindel
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Shapechange Red Dragon and Horrdi Wilting.
Glorfindel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2002, 07:59 AM   #4
Tobbin
Red Dragon

Time Stop, Harm, Heal, Protection from Alignment (needed for Gate - LOL), Gate, Horrid Wilting, Planar Binding. Overall, favorite is Time Stop though.

EDIT: I would put either Polymorph Self or Shapechange as honorable mentions, but they don't do much more than add extra hp's and/or change appearance. I haven't found it to be that usefull. Also, shapechanging into a dragon is over rated unless you are outside cause he keeps getting stuck trying to go through dungeon doors. LOL

[ 08-23-2002, 08:16 AM: Message edited by: Tobbin ]
Old 08-23-2002, 02:05 PM   #5
Grindar Silvermane
Manshoon

Location: Temple of Tempus: The High Hall of Swords and Banners
Time stop, Horrid Wilting and my favourite of All in terms of graphics as well as effect: Weird
Old 08-23-2002, 04:11 PM   #6
Tobbin
Red Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Grindar Silvermane:
Time stop, Horrid Wilting and my favourite of All in terms of graphics as well as effect: Weird
I have to agree with you that Weird looks cool. It doesn't really do that much damage for me though (probably cause I am using it from a scroll. LOL). Horrid Wilting does better (for my character I mean).
Old 08-23-2002, 04:15 PM   #7
FelixJaeger
Symbol of Cyric

dudes just out of curiosity do the spells get loads better? becuz im nearing the end of chapter 1 and they suck the most damage theyve done is around 7-10 off my barb/fighter dude?hes just tough i guess oh yeh OffRopic and are henchmen necessry in chap 2 cuz ive done okay so far, only died to the rele rele nasty traps...
Felix
FelixJaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2002, 06:12 PM   #8
Tobbin
Red Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by FelixJaeger:
dudes just out of curiosity do the spells get loads better? becuz im nearing the end of chapter 1 and they suck the most damage theyve done is around 7-10 off my barb/fighter dude?hes just tough i guess oh yeh OffRopic and are henchmen necessry in chap 2 cuz ive done okay so far, only died to the rele rele nasty traps...
Felix
It depends on how you access the spells. If you use them from items or from scrolls, then the level is fixed. If you are a Wizard/Sorceror/Druid/Ranger/Paladin or something I missed, lol, then as you gain levels (or 2nd levels), the spells should get stronger. You can look in the manual and it will tell you to what degree things happen. Lower level spells do lower level damage though. Some increase and some don't.

Edit: I knew there was at least 1 I missed (CLERIC)

Double Edit: It depends on how you play whether you need a henchman/woman or not. I didn't use one, but if you tend to go in without thinking, then definitely get one. If nothing else, they will help to divert some of the attacks and let you survive longer. Sometimes they have interesting things to say too.

[ 08-23-2002, 06:15 PM: Message edited by: Tobbin ]
Old 08-24-2002, 11:25 AM   #9
Willard
Fzoul Chembryl

I always use henchmen. I am a Druid, and I summon two animals, and along with Daelan Red Tiger, we kick a$$.

Oh, and another one of my favorite spells is Insect Swarm. It can do up to 1000 damage!! lol

[ 08-24-2002, 11:26 AM: Message edited by: Willard ]
Old 08-24-2002, 10:18 PM   #10
Deathcow
Elminster

Premonition, Shapeshift, Finger of Death, Horrid Wilting. No particular order.

Power Word Kill looks nice too, but I don't use it much.
Deathcow is offline   Reply With Quote