Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-18-2005, 12:35 AM   #1
Hivetyrant
Jack Burton

Well?
I mean, 1 month ago I used to spend half a morning going through the over night posts and repliying here and there, reading the jokes, laughing at the stories, checking out what new books/movies were out, talking about games, hearing about the latest news and so on...

But now... I mean there are hardly any new threads or anything anymore, I have to go to page 4 to find a thread (apart from the stupid question and answer thread, distant planets and the trouble with changing your name thread) that is longer than 3 pages

Whats going on people? Have half of you been abducted by aliens? Do half of you all share the same relative that died or something?
I used to do whatever it took to check in here every 5 minutes but now I have gotten used to waiting till I get home from work to check in...

Is it becasue we had a huge rush of people here at the beginning of the year?
C'mon peoples, Ziroc did alot of work to make this place faster, I mean he even re-did most of the forum, and now no one is taking advantage of that!

And that's the end of my rant(man thats a wierd word....) [img]graemlins/rant.gif[/img]

[ 04-18-2005, 12:36 AM: Message edited by: Hivetyrant ]
Hivetyrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2005, 01:31 AM   #2
Northraven
Manshoon

I agree it does seem very quiet here. Hopefully it will pass and things will get more social again.
\"Before the world was bent but after the great contagion, there was a civilization built in the image of the First Age. It sought to emulate the splendor of the bygone Golden Age, but it was in all ways less. It was a time of sorcery and heroism, of fabulous wonders and treacherous betrayals. Ruled by a decadent empire, it slipped inch by inch into barbarism and darkness, until one last cataclysm blotted it out forever. Yet, in it\'s sunset, it was a splendid thing, and glorious were the deeds of the Exalted.\"<br /><br />[url]\"http://www.sloganizer.net/en/\" target=\"_blank\"> [img]\"http://www.sloganizer.net/en/style7,Severed-spc-Fist.png\" alt=\" - \" /></a>
Northraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2005, 02:57 AM   #3
Illumina Drathiran'ar
Apophis

5 Card Draw Champion
They ran screaming from your all-devouring signature.

I, personally, am rapidly approaching opening night of a show I'm doing. I've had less and less time to spend here, and have more or less resulted in only skimming only a few threads that catch my eye. This happens to be one of them, as I've wondered the same thing.

http://xkcd.com/386/
http://www.xkcd.com/406/

My heart is like my coffee. Black, bitter, icy, and with a straw.
Illumina Drathiran'ar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2005, 03:14 AM   #4
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

This seems to be a trend in the forums I visit, "Where is everyone?" You gotta remember Hive, people have lives outside of the forum and for some of us, it's been quite busy with school, friends, and such. Plus I'm still trying to track down DK to figure out where the hell my signature pic went.
Gangrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2005, 03:47 AM   #5
Link
Jack Burton

It's not something new, you know. It's been like this for some time now.

Goal: Beijing 2008
Link is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2005, 03:55 AM   #6
Grojlach
Zartan

The board didn't become slower or faster. You've simply become more addicted and you're going cold turkey now because this place can't satisfy your needs anymore.

It's also interesting to note that you've started this topic on a Sunday evening/Monday morning - and IW has been slow during the weekends for years now. Nothing new here, in any case.
Grojlach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2005, 05:14 AM   #7
Dragonshadow
Quth-Maren

i feel like tehre's noone around either. But I guess that's because I get to spend more time on here for now. (coursework isn't suffocating me much.. yet. But I have a piece to do this week...)

EDIT: I guess it doesn't help that most of teh people seem to be in America,a nd I'm in England, so when I post they're proabbly asleep...

[ 04-18-2005, 05:18 AM: Message edited by: Dragonshadow ]

aka Loc der Graf, Quillruke
Dragonshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2005, 05:25 AM   #8
shadowhound
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Well I have not really noticed... mainly because I have not been here for the last week or so

Uni has been taking up my time, and its probably the same for a lot of other members.
Old 04-18-2005, 05:25 AM   #9
Stratos
Vampire

Quote:
Originally posted by Hivetyrant:
Well?
I mean, 1 month ago I used to spend half a morning going through the over night posts and repliying here and there, reading the jokes, laughing at the stories, checking out what new books/movies were out, talking about games, hearing about the latest news and so on...

But now... I mean there are hardly any new threads or anything anymore, I have to go to page 4 to find a thread (apart from the stupid question and answer thread, distant planets and the trouble with changing your name thread) that is longer than 3 pages

Whats going on people? Have half of you been abducted by aliens? Do half of you all share the same relative that died or something?
I used to do whatever it took to check in here every 5 minutes but now I have gotten used to waiting till I get home from work to check in...

Is it becasue we had a huge rush of people here at the beginning of the year?
C'mon peoples, Ziroc did alot of work to make this place faster, I mean he even re-did most of the forum, and now no one is taking advantage of that!

And that's the end of my rant(man thats a wierd word....) [img]graemlins/rant.gif[/img]
What do you mean? We've been partying 24/7 at Z's house for the past month and haven't been able to post much here.

What do you say, you weren't invited? But we sent you an invitation, perhaps it got lost in the mail. That's too bad. In any case, your welcome next year.
Old 04-18-2005, 07:41 AM   #10
Hivetyrant
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Gangrell:
You gotta remember Hive, people have lives outside of the forum and for some of us, it's been quite busy with school, friends, and such.
Huh? people have lives outside of this place?!?!?! How dare they!! I demand everyone move in and live here to entertain me [img]graemlins/1pissed.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img]
lol, I realise, but im just wondering whats going on, I have been here for quite a while and I dont think I have ever seen this place so slow...

Quote:
Originally posted by Grojlach:
The board didn't become slower or faster. You've simply become more addicted and you're going cold turkey now because this place can't satisfy your needs anymore.

It's also interesting to note that you've started this topic on a Sunday evening/Monday morning - and IW has been slow during the weekends for years now. Nothing new here, in any case.
lol, nah.
I have passed my Ironworks craving period, I guess this is just the only place on the internet that entertains me apart from KOL and Outwar....

Hehe, and its Monday here [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Hivetyrant is offline   Reply With Quote