Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-04-2001, 01:17 AM   #41
Liliara
Red Wizard of Thay

quote:
Originally posted by mistral4543:

Wow... sounds very challenging. But I'm sure Liliara will be able to break free from it, with all this support [img]smile.gif[/img]

You read my mind, mistral! LOL!

THANKS EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!

(BTW, almost through the third day!)
Proud member of the LH (Yorick?)<br />Captain of Bouncers, Boogre Bar<br /><br />\"I\'ve had it up to here, listening to a small segment of people try to put down America! America\'s the greatest land on Earth, and we oughta be proud of what we have! I\'m proud of America, I\'m proud of our people, and I\'m gonna prove it. We\'re American and DAMN proud of it! Frankly I\'m getting a little ticked off...go ta ****\"... Dink (if anyone knows who originally said this, please let me know!)
Old 12-04-2001, 01:24 AM   #42
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

quote:
Originally posted by Liliara:

You read my mind, mistral! LOL!

THANKS EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!

(BTW, almost through the third day!)

congrats! keep up the good work, and dont give in to the cravings! you can beat that nasty little addiction... shouldnt be too hard with all these friends here to support you, should it?
Old 12-05-2001, 02:53 AM   #43
Liliara
Red Wizard of Thay

Woooo Hooo! Day 4!!!!!

Even went to a pool hall tonight and had a couple of beers, no cig, though!!!
Proud member of the LH (Yorick?)<br />Captain of Bouncers, Boogre Bar<br /><br />\"I\'ve had it up to here, listening to a small segment of people try to put down America! America\'s the greatest land on Earth, and we oughta be proud of what we have! I\'m proud of America, I\'m proud of our people, and I\'m gonna prove it. We\'re American and DAMN proud of it! Frankly I\'m getting a little ticked off...go ta ****\"... Dink (if anyone knows who originally said this, please let me know!)
Old 12-05-2001, 09:37 AM   #44
Elif Godson
Dracolich

If it's any consolation, my wife has been clean for 9 month's
now. Granted pregnancy had alot to do with it, but the first
month was the hardest, now she just has craving's here and there.
I am glad she/we got prego, cause she's lost two friend's and
her closest uncle to smoking all had different forms of cancer.
So keep up the good work, your taste bud's and sense of smell will
soon increase and so will your sense of touch. Plus if you have
any skin condition's or bad allergies quitting will also help those
out too.
Old 12-05-2001, 01:36 PM   #45
MILAMBER
Lord Soth

quote:
Originally posted by Liliara:
Woooo Hooo! Day 4!!!!!

Even went to a pool hall tonight and had a couple of beers, no cig, though!!!

Good for you sweetie! Stick with it. Believe me I know how hard it is to drink and not to smoke. Luckily you can't smoke at most of the bars out here. I used to hate it, but now it makes things easier.
\"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.\"<br />-General George Patton (1885-1945)<br /> <br />Member of CLAN HADB<br />Founder of The Anti Clan Coalition
Old 12-05-2001, 03:08 PM   #46
Madman-Rogovich
Lord Soth

Try and get hol of a very old steven king short story called 'Quitters Inc.' that'll help
Old 12-06-2001, 04:40 AM   #47
Liliara
Red Wizard of Thay

quote:
Originally posted by Madman-Rogovich:
Try and get hol of a very old steven king short story called 'Quitters Inc.' that'll help

LOL! Too funny! That was insane!
Old 12-06-2001, 04:44 AM   #48
Liliara
Red Wizard of Thay

quote:
Originally posted by Elif Godson:
If it's any consolation, my wife has been clean for 9 month's
now. Granted pregnancy had alot to do with it, but the first
month was the hardest, now she just has craving's here and there.
I am glad she/we got prego, cause she's lost two friend's and
her closest uncle to smoking all had different forms of cancer.
So keep up the good work, your taste bud's and sense of smell will
soon increase and so will your sense of touch. Plus if you have
any skin condition's or bad allergies quitting will also help those
out too.

You're right! It's amazing how much of an improvement there is in my smell and taste already! Energy level is throught he roof, also!

(Day 5!!!!! )
Old 12-06-2001, 04:58 AM   #49
Campino

Be proud of yourself Lilara,it's very hard what you're doing.
I once quitted smoking for 6 months,i know how hard it can be.But if you keep telling yourself you can do it,you can do it!Can you keep the nasty little side-effects under control?(eating,don't know what to do with your fingers)

Wish you luck, [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
Old 12-06-2001, 05:21 AM   #50
Scholarcs
Red Dragon

Well I don't even know you Liliara and others cause I've only just begun posting but I wish you all the best with quitting, trust me, it will probably be the best decision you ever make.
<br />\"A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five\" - Groucho Marx<br />Member of the ORT Clan. <br />\"Some birds are not meant to be caged because their feathers are too bright\"<br />Ma bouche sera la bouche des malheurs qui n\'ont point de bouche, ma voix, la liberté de celles qui s\'affaissent au cachot du désespoir. - Aimé Césaire<br />La plus perdue de toutes les journées est celle où l\'on n\'a pas ri. - Sébastien Roch Nicolas