Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 05-16-2004, 09:06 PM   #21
Dang
The Magister

Where do you get a flask to catch the spider nectar?
Dang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2004, 10:25 PM   #22
Nanobyte
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Let's see.. (it's been a while since I've played)
There should be a room with what looks like a furnace, and an elevator leading down. You might find a few empty flasks in there.
Nanobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2004, 10:38 PM   #23
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

You can find flasks for the spider nectar in the kitchen of the serpent temple... there are at least two or three of them in there.
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2004, 12:36 AM   #24
Dang
The Magister

Man, I went into the dining hall and somehow managed to NOT go into the kitchen. Well, after a side trip to Shurugeon Castle, and a new Ninja Ratling, I have some questions:

1) When I go into the Serpent Holds and try to go up into the cave with the serpent idol, I not only can't get through, but my team keeps drowning even when their heads are above water. However, as soon as my Oomphaz drowns (admittedly, the Rattkin drowns at the same time) and is dead, the party can go through. Is Babar too big to get into that part? Do I have to leave him behind?

2) Will my insane guys ever become sane short of going to the priest?

3) Finding the secret Kerah room in the Snake Temple is optional, right? It must be, 'cause I never got the heretic key...Yep, been scopin' those quest spoilers just a little bit.

I'm loving this game. I won't say more than Wiz 7 or 8, but just as much, and this definitely has an awesomely high place in the hall of fantasy adventure games. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-18-2004, 03:34 AM   #25
Radek
Red Dragon

1. It's a known problem of the Serpent Temple. Because you are swimming, your motion is a bit clumsy. The orifice leading to the idol is narrow and, moreover, there seems to be some "non smoothed edge" in it. Result: you will hang in the orifice and you will have problems with going through.
You have to try again and again until you pass. It's always possible to pass. I don't think that the oomphaz must die. Only dimensions of your leading character matters, therefore, select the smallest character as the active character when you are trying to pass.
Another possibility is the Vanish spell.

2. No. Diseases, poisonings, and curses are permanent. You must cure yourself somehow. Either in the temple or by means of potions (Cure Poison - yellow, Cure - green) and spells (Cure Poison - lvl 4 Vine, Cure - lvl 6 Vine, Exorcism - lvl 7 Spirit). Note that the potions and spells never fails.

3. Yes. You can ignore it. You will lose 3 ankhs, nothing more.
Old 05-18-2004, 08:11 AM   #26
bsftcs
Red Dragon

As to 3) I will also add that there is an amulet of life there containing four resurrection spells.

In general you should say every word possible to friendly characters or you may miss an opportunity.
Old 05-19-2004, 02:33 AM   #27
Dang
The Magister

1. Tried it with the Pixie in lead and, after a couple of gulps of water, got through, and have now completed the Serpent Temple! Man, that place is huge.

2. After a (game) day of my 3 insane frontmen not getting any better, I figured it wasn't going away and had them cured. But it's nice to know it is permanent until cured.

3. My general philosophy this time through is, "If I blow it, move on. I can't believe I'm being so non-picky about details in this game; maybe I'm just getting old.

Anyway, thanks for all the help so far. I think I've completed Serpent Temple and everything east of it, and before I return to Shurugeon, I'll check out some of the other places in the middle map.

My party, by the way:

1)Bob One-Eye, Dwarf Warrior-Barbarian. Uses an axe & shield (I know, axes are bad and shields are bad, but I could resist.) Heavily armored.

2)Tiger, Whiskaz Warrior-Samurai. Dropped shield for Flamberge before becoming Samurai, now in Sam armor with No-Dachi.

3) Narinia, Female Human Warrior-Ranger-Paladin in training, as soon as I get back to the statue. Chainmail, bow which she doesn't use that much anymore since at range I usually open with offensive spells.

4)Ratzy, Ratling Rogue-Ninja. I mentioned over on the Wiz 8 board how I was disappointed I couldn't play or recruit a Rattkin. Well, now my dream has come true! Kung fu, but still wears leather armor. Should I get rid of the armor? Last time I checked, his AC without it was bad, but that was several levels back.

5)Babar, Oomphaz Priest. Looks awesome in Oomph armor and Masque of Evil, with trunk protruding from bottom of skull. Wielding serpent (or poison, whatever) staff. All around healing and buffing machine. Saving class change til I get the L7 spells.

6)Pixary, Female Pixie Wizard. More advanced in Fire than Stone. Also saving Warlock until I get the high level spells.

1) and 3) are about 9th level, with 6 in old class. 2) and 4) are about 6th with 9 or 10 in old class; 5) and 6) are straight up 10, I think.
Old 05-19-2004, 10:12 AM   #28
bsftcs
Red Dragon

Remember that while insanity is annoying it is no real problem. With diseases the case is different. A disease shows up like a small green head on the character's icon. It is similar to the icon that shows up when the character has just hat a small fit of nausea. Diseases drain stats and should be cured immediately.
Old 05-19-2004, 10:31 AM   #29
Radek
Red Dragon

Dang, isn't the Serpent Staff cursed? Be careful! A cursed item can drain not only hit points but also stats! I am not sure whether the Serpent Staff drains stats but keep an eye on it. Once you find out that the staff is sucking stats of your oomphaz then uncurse lightning fast!
Note: You cannot uncurse yourself by means of spells or potions. You must go into a temple and let the priest in the temple to uncurse the affected character.
Old 05-19-2004, 09:00 PM   #30
Dang
The Magister

Whoa, thanks for the heads up! It does drain hp, but so slowly that the Oomph heals almost as soon as he's hurt. I haven't noticed it draining stats, but maybe it doesn't give a message.

The ratkin had some sort of cursed dagger, and it drain hp faster, though the Oomphaz healed him easily. I finally uncursed it though.

I have been hounded by the Amazoni Mantraps, but I have taken out several of them. One, by firing flamestrikes, burns, and arrows from the castle wall; two, had followed me nearly to the city wall; I left the weaker characters at the inn, had the 3 fighters rush him, take the damage and hack him to bits; three and four, by staying back while the pixie unloaded flamestrikes and meteors. The last one was tough, because the dragon snuck up behind me. I managed to run away, and catch up with the Amazoni by itself.

I have questions about passing time. Is there a way to make time pass faster? So I can pass the night without just wandering around waiting for dawn. Does time pass normally in the town if you don't do anything, or do you have to shop, talk to clan members, etc.?