Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-28-2000, 12:03 AM   #1
Pain

Instead of cutting/pasting it here, I thought I'd post a link to a post I wrote over on VaultNet about how to Enchant and Bless items. There were some good responses to clarify points I wasn't clear on. Feel free to stick it in your own personal help file for future reference

http://vnboards.ign.com/message.asp?topic=7482141

Painbringer

Wyv note: made the link active

[This message has been edited by Wyvern (edited 03-13-2001).]
Old 11-17-2000, 07:01 PM   #2
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Bumping this message up to the top again since it is a subject being brought up again by new players.

Pain, thanks for the post! Very useful!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2000, 07:09 PM   #3
Regis
Welcomed New User

The quickie-trick to make an active link is to precede it with "\"...

http://vnboards.ign.com/message.asp?topic=7482141

I forget the other way...it's in the help section here though.
Regis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2000, 06:16 AM   #4
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Back to the top with you! &gtOOF

Wyv
Old 11-18-2000, 08:12 PM   #5
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

or even POOF!!
Old 11-18-2000, 11:23 PM   #6
Lily the Ranger

You saved everyone from another post! Thanks for being so thorough. I am off to see how many hoops I must jump through before I can make my own toys! I get to name them too?
Old 11-26-2000, 02:33 PM   #7
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

(poof)
Old 12-03-2000, 03:48 AM   #8
Lily the Ranger

Lost all my web favorites so had to search long to find this again to fill in some info. Thanks again!
Old 12-14-2000, 02:51 PM   #9
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Back to the top again!
Old 12-14-2000, 03:34 PM   #10
Scronan
Zhentarim Guard

Blessings and Enchanting:

Hi Guys,

I saw this thread and I'm pulling the article I wrote, which is a very good and no one seemed to comment on it. And I don't think anyone stole my ideas either! Wow!

Anyway, I wrote it two months ago, but its really good. I am posting it here. I could make an addendum if anyone has questions.

Scronan

(From 10/27)

Hi,

I've worked a lot with the blessing and enchants, and I'd like to share what I've discovered.

Blessing is the most important, as you can add hit, damage, regen, toughness, and armor class.
Stone gives you armor, vine tougheness, fiend damage, spirit regen, and I forget what gives you hit.

The best thing to do is find yourself some Bronze Cuffs and Silver Rings. I had a ton of them, for the Brigands near the first town drop them a lot. Each one allows a multiplyer
of 100%, which is the best. I'll explain how this works.

For enchanting or blessing armour, each piece of armour is given a percentage of armor class or magic resist when blessed, as follows:

Body Armour: 40% per blessing
Head Gear: 20%
Leggings: 20%
Foot Gear: 15%
Gauntlets: 15%
Shields: Unknown

As you can see, it really doesn't give you much defence. The other unfortunate part is, if you enchant pro magic, fire or ice, you only get that percentage of protection. Say you
enchant a suit of Chain Mail with 4 levels of Pro Fire. Well, you will not get 80% protection, you will get 40% of that, which will be 30%. Not really worth the money is it?
The moral is, just give armor more armor class, and save the magic resistance for the rings. There is a better way!

The silver rings as most players know are invaluable for their blessing potential. If you add even one level of pro fire, ice or magic, you get the full 20% since the multiplier is
100%!

This is what I did for most of my party members, who each got one or two of the following:

1. Silver Ring - Given 80% Spirit, Ice Fire resistance.
2. Silver Ring - 12 Armour Class (the BEST!)
3. Bronze Cuff - 9 Hit, 3 Regen.

Now, some members were not given these as they didn't need them, or had the Holy Signet, etc. The best place to find good stuff to enchant is around Brimloch Roon, and the
Centaurs seem to drop great stuff.

Weapons:

It is true that the Sword of Argus is just about the best weapon to bless. However, the Wizards Blade, is also a hell of a find. It can do up to almost 70 damage with 12
blessings. Then, find a Main Gauche +2, which maxed out will do about 45. I gave both of these to my Pixie who dishes out damage pretty good. The Robinsword and
Nightblade are also great to bless.

I've noticed that Necklaces and Spears can't be blessed or enchanted, why I don't know. Spears seem pretty low power in this game.

Some weapons, like the Imperial Gladius, can't be enchanted either. I've also found a powerful Samurai No-Dachi stuck in a boulder, which looks promising! I'm sure you'll find
some other stuff that I've missed as well. But, it would be worth your while to go back to the first town and get some silver rings.

Not to unbalance my party too much, I did keep a few fighters with kung fu and no weapons. But yes, the gold cheat is necessary to accomplish all of this, and having a high
guild level. I don't why all of these features were made with it all revolving around money. I think it could have been done a better way, such as being allowed to bless or
enchant more depending on your level, or quests completed. It amazes me why so many RPG's revolve around gold, gold, gold. There has to be a better way! This is a breeding
ground for cheating.

It is also frusterating that finding good items in the game difficult. I notice near the end, all I find are Necklaces of Healing, ad infinium. There is a poor variety of items to find
it seems, a few really good ones, but the best have to made yourself.

Some of the best I've seen are:

1. Divine Chain of D'Soto
2. Dragon Armor (can be enchanted!)
3. Sword of Argus
4. Wizard Blade
5. Golden Talis
6. Signet of Mavin

There are many others to find that I've heard about.

One last thing for those of you who have Zenmasters, when they receive the Enlightenment trait, you can enchant or bless a total of 14 times. May not seem worth it near the
end of the game, but who knows.

Now get out there and get those Silver Rings and Bronze Cuffs! Even if you don't use a gold cheat, they will help out tremendously!

Scronan
Scronan is offline   Reply With Quote