Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Old 12-17-2002, 09:55 PM   #1
Robert Mcelroy
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Playing a cavalier Paladin ,gotta say he kicks.Anyway...

The little kid never did show up to give me the quest,the only way that I was
able to get it on my map was through the paladins stronghold quest. It is already fairly late in the game(chapter5 or 6,uhh after underdark). But I figured thats
OK, I'm here now. As is to be expected my fairly decent characters are blowing their way through but when I get to the magic door that is supposed to be opened by the now completed amu..anmnu.....amnar..whatever symbol ,it won't open.

I was so looking forward to carvin me some dragon. Is it a glitch or what?

This is my third time through, never had any glitches before(besides no lovin from jaheira). got a new computer and reinstalled the game though onto it.

Help!...for the love of all things holy!.....help!
Old 12-17-2002, 10:05 PM   #2
Angelousss
Red Wizard of Thay

do you have minsc? I think you need him to get the quest from the kid. I think there is another way. Possibly the Valgyr quest(go in the government center)
Old 12-17-2002, 11:26 PM   #3
Robert Mcelroy
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thats why the kid didn't come, I ditched Minsc right away in favour of Korgan,a superior fighter in all aspects(in my humble opinion).

Anyway, my real question was about the doorway that won't open in the shade lord dungeon. It is starting to get on me nerves.
Old 12-17-2002, 11:34 PM   #4
Angelousss
Red Wizard of Thay

I assume you mean those purple ones. You need to pick up these pieces to holy symbol, or something. have you got the rituals and talked to the head?
Old 12-18-2002, 08:05 AM   #5
bavvo
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Theres 2 doors right near the end, and you need the symbol of Amn...thingy for one and a light gem of some description for the other.

Also I never needed minsc for this last time around, I think the kid just shows up in the govt district (delon?) or at the city gates.

BTW I loved this quest. It was the first one I did after getting BG2, and it got me completely hooked.
bavvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2002, 09:14 AM   #6
Sir Exxon
Zartan

Ok, answers are here.

For the real question, both are right. There are many doors in the Shade Lord Dungeon. One requires a Light Gem, found on the pedestal south of the head-statue. Another is given to you by the Ghost of Amaunator.
There is also a door which requires the Symbol of Amaunator to open. The first part for this symbol is given to you when you finish the test with the Statue mentioned. The second is given to you by the Ghost of Amaunator, and the third can be found on the wall in the cell where the Shadow is imprisoned.

Also, the boy Delon can be found in the middle of the Government District-"park", not far away from Jan Jansen.
Sir Exxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2002, 10:53 AM   #7
mrxian
Dungeon Master

yes, and allso important to mention is the fact that you don't get enough light gens to open all the shadow doors. you can walk around one of them, and you should.
(walking through a flame-filled pit and fighting some tough undead)
mrxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2002, 08:06 PM   #8
Robert Mcelroy
Elite Waterdeep Guard

thanks for the advice. the problem I am having is the fact i have done everything.I have the light gem, walked around the long way,gathered all 3 of the pieces of the holy symbol of amanuator and still the last purple magic door to get to the shadow dragon won't open. I've played through this game 3 times and I have never had this problem. I just would like to know if it really is just a glitch or really is something I have done wrong( I have even gone back to a saved game befor I went on the quest and tried it again,same result )

Colour me fustrated.