Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast

Old 12-27-2003, 11:33 PM   #1
Firetoad
Dungeon Master

Marek's poison is cured by killing him in the Blushing Mermaid, and going through the whole Lothander's geas quests. And I have had no problem beating the game (with Tales of Swordcoast) with a good party.
But here I am having a blast with my evil party basically killing anything that I so desire, when I come to the Marek's poison quest. I met them the first time and got the Dont mess with the iron throne message. Then I met Lothander in the market area by the Diviner. Instead of doing what I should have, I did some evil roleplaying. I let him speak and tell me to ask the diviner about his geas cure. But then I chose the dialogue that said something like "screw you I will find it on my own" and he said something like "fine but since I have actively tried to stop my curse I will die anyway from Marek (whiner)" Anyway as evil as I was I killed him. So now I think I am poisoned and IS THERE ANYTHING I CAN DO ABOUT IT??!! Marek is not automatically at the Blushing Mermaid, and at the Waterqueen temple the High priestess doesn't mention the poison or Lothander.
I am writng this because I have no previous save games to killing Lothander at the market. I loved this party and how evil they were as well as the considerable amount of time I had in it. Please help save my boys(and Shar-teel)!
Firetoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2003, 12:10 AM   #2
Brainless One
Zhentarim Guard

My only advice is to wait for the Ironworks SWAT team to arrive, and give you the global variables that place Marek at the Blushing Mermaid. Anyone have them handy?
-Brainless One
Brainless One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2003, 09:48 AM   #3
RoSs_bg2_rox
Zartan

i dont have it off hand, could find it for you, you could always CLUA him in. You could find the code on Team BG or on Infinity Explorer, if you hang on I could find it for you in a little while.
Old 12-28-2003, 12:28 PM   #4
Lord
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Try visiting the Oracle woman or whatever in one of the tents where you ran into Lothander a 2nd time. Then head to Umberlee's Temple, discuss it with her, head to the Lady's House, get their Tome (pay if you have to), head back to Umberlee's Temple, ask her to give you the Geas cure before giving her the temple, and then, since you're evil, double cross her and refuse to give her the tome, meaning you have to kill her. This gives you both the tome and the geas cure. There's nothing you can do with the cure now that Lothander's dead, but check the Blushing Mermaid now to see if Marek is there. However, I don't know if you can still go through this process, although you may be able to.

"No, I only lied about being a thief."
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2003, 01:26 PM   #5
Firetoad
Dungeon Master

It still doesn't work. I killed Jonathyla Mistmyr and got the geas scroll, but the at the Lady's House there is no option to get the wisdom book. And Lothander isn't at the blade and stars. I have tried doing this is in different orders also. Can you explain further as to how to CLUA Marek?
Old 12-28-2003, 02:44 PM   #6
Brainless One
Zhentarim Guard

To CLUA console Marek in, I first assume you know how to bring up the CLUA console. If not, please post that you dont. Its easy. In the console, type exactly what is in the asterisks.

*CLUAConsole:CreateCreature("marek")*

Then, press enter and close the console. Marek should be standing somewhere close. To summon up Lothander, repeat the steps from before, but inside the quotes put "lothan". Best of luck!
-Brainless One
Old 12-28-2003, 03:57 PM   #7
Firetoad
Dungeon Master

I have done this now and it is not working. When I bring Lothander up he says something like " you idiot you asked the wrong question, now we're all dead" and then he stands there. I have brought him up in different locations and he says this always. I assume he is talking about the Diviner, but neither when I first killed Lothander or now does the Diviner ever let me ask about how to cure Lothander's geas.
When I bring Marek up, his dialogue is as if we met for the first time, with his warning of "dont mess with the iron throne". He tries to leave the screen immeadiately. He will not turn hostile if attacked, and if I act quickly enough to kill him. I get 65 exp. and all his stuff(eagle bow...) but I am still poisoned. I even brough him up on the second floor of the Blushing Mermaid. Anymore ideas I could try?
Old 12-28-2003, 05:37 PM   #8
Brainless One
Zhentarim Guard

I guess you will have to wait until someone brings you the global variables. It appears to be the only way. Anyone reading this, the variables he/she needs is the one that makes Lothander wait at the w/e inn to get his Geas removal spell. After that, you should be set.
-Brainless One
Old 12-28-2003, 07:38 PM   #9
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

You could kill Marek, Lothander, and Mistmyr a hundred times over if you wanted to, but the only thing that will have ANY effect on the quest proper is the Global Variables. Sadly, I don't know them (I literally haven't played BG1 in years, and don't even have the discs any more), but I seem to recall that Gatekeeper (saved-game editor) allows you to view them, and therefore edit them. I know for sure that Vedran, an Ironworks regular, could post the correct answers for things like this at the drop of a hat, but I haven't seen him on here in a while.....

On a tooting-my-own-horn note, I should add that the Poison quest is the very reason that Volothamp's Comeuppance strongly urges you to make a backup Save Game BEFORE entering BG city, and not to delete it until you're sure you've completed the quest correctly.
Old 12-28-2003, 11:03 PM   #10
Firetoad
Dungeon Master

Everybody thanks for all the help!!!! I will look for them and maybe someone will pos tthe global variable I need.