Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-09-2001, 05:58 AM   #1
Katherine
Zhentarim Guard

So, I just completed the quest where you've been poisoned... I completed all the necessary tasks, including talking to Marek and drinking the antidote, yet I got no indication that I'd been healed, nor did I receive the xps that the walk-through I looked at indicated. Does this mean that my party will die?
In taking the antidote, I had each party member drink some. That didn't have an effect, so I began passing it around again. Was this not the correct way to do it?
Old 12-09-2001, 09:37 AM   #2
Xanthul
Symbol of Cyric

You get healed when you talk to Marek, even if no message is displayed. The antidote bottle is just a nice reward (a GREAT reward in fact, it has many uses and it heals ANY poison). About xp, you get 10.000 when you talk to him i think.
Old 12-09-2001, 07:37 PM   #3
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

quote:
Originally posted by Katherine:
I got no indication that I'd been healed, nor did I receive the xps that the walk-through I looked at indicated. Does this mean that my party will die?

Um, actually, yes. If your game is a happy game with no bugs, when you talk to Marek you'll get some Exp and the message "You have been cured of Marek's poison." If this does NOT happen, that means there was a bug that prevented the 'Poisoned' variable from being turned off. No amount or type of spells or antidotes will help.

If you have a saved game, go back to it and see if you get that message. If you didn't, there's a file you can download that should smack your computer around so you aren't poisoned anymore.