Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Old 11-05-2002, 02:38 PM   #1
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

Hi I started a new game a short while ago and I'm doing a psuedo solo (I pick up the NPC's for their relative quests then drop them (so far I've only done the stronghold quests, ie Nalia and Valygar and I keep them only long enough to pick up the stronhold using the 2 stronghold bug ) anyway this game is so much more fun and challenging than my last one, Anomen was getting several HLA's before i left chapter 2.

I'm currently dual weilding the FoA and Dak'kon's Zerth Blade in the planar shpere (going to get the celestial fury soon, and keep that, the sun blade and FoA as my three main hand weapons), and things are working in my favor unbelievably well, I'll try and post some of my adventures (in character) as I get them.

I've also not decided whether or not to do the romances as this would cut pretty deeply into my exp (dropping it by 1/6th (splitting it 3 ways for being tri-classed, and cutting that in half again for having more party members) any suggestions Pro- or Con? the only romance I've done start to finish is Anomens, and although I've lurked around the other romance threads anough to have a general idea about them, does anyone have any suggestions (if i choose to take one of the 3 main female(s, I've decided I'd rather do the normal romances before trying out the add-on mods, with the exception of the Imoen-same sex romance, but that ones unfortunately dead for all intents and purposes.

Please no bashing of NPC romance possibilities, I'm more interested in what tehy have to offer as far as fullfilling roleplaying elements (I'm CG BTW, but it doesn't mean I would prefer Aerie based on alignment)
Old 11-05-2002, 02:49 PM   #2
AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe
Hathor

no need for a romance, just go for the xp especially with a 3 classed character, you get so little for each class anyways, you really dont want to further reduce it anymore.
Old 11-05-2002, 03:14 PM   #3
Sir Exxon
Zartan

I say don't do any romances at all, if you're going solo. This includes (as you know) many hours with the NPC. Plus that you don't get any XP for it. So I think that you should do their quests, and then drop them.

If you have decided to romance, though, I suggest Aerie's. If you want it fully, then you're gonna have to have her along the entire game, but all the love-talk itself that leads to the romance is the shortest of all the romances.
Sir Exxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2002, 09:51 PM   #4
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

once i do though, I can't drop her until ToB and continue it can I? (without using shadowkeeper to change the variables)