Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum > Wizards & Warriors Archives

Old 10-26-2000, 10:26 AM   #1
Silencer

First let me say that I really want to like W&W. It has great potential. But there are several things, which really can kill the fun playing W&W.

First: Items can disappear. Whether they are stolen or lost, I had to search the hole land for several importand items, which I definitly NOT dropped anywhere. In Might and Magic there was a Seer, whom you could ask for lost Quest Items to prevent to search the whole landscape.

Second and most important: There are no real clues where to go or what to do next. I spend days walking up and down the same corridors looking for levers, keys and thingies. A good puzzle and bit of search is all right. But you have no alternative ways for solutions, and much too often you do not even know what you are missing.
I spent seven days looking for the Shurugeon Crank before I realized it could have been stolen. Then I searched for two more days to find it in the Shire, where I certainly didn't drop it.
And now I walk the ever same corridors of Isis Temple up and down, looking for the Urn without any clue or hint. That is definitly NOT FUNNY!

This is really sad, because it could have been some little masterpiece. Now it deserves just 60%. A wasted choice. I still prefer Might and Magic and have great hopes for Wizardry 8, as no Patch will likely correct this heavy misconceptions. (Activision not very famous for Patches. I still have "Call to Power" in very bad memory. I was waiting for a german compatible editor for years; and their terrible diplomacy has never been corrected.)

Old 10-26-2000, 11:55 AM   #2
BlackFiend

I never had any problems with the tricks in W&W. Most are deductive.

The problems with the game IMO are all related to the fact that it wasn't open beta tested: poor control interface and bugs (some showstopper). Both of which could have been avoided by an open beta.

Oh well, live and learn.