Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 06-14-2001, 09:18 PM   #1
joay
Elite Waterdeep Guard

In the beginnning I killed mecdawwa and that screwed up some toad quests.
So now, I wonder what should die and what should live.
I don't want to ruin any more quests.

Why talk when you score huge experience??
This became obvious when the sphinx had to die.
If you, god forbid, answer his questions right you get zero XP's,
but if your lucky you'll get them wrong then you can slaughter him. You'll land
yourself slightly more than a million XP's divided amoungst your party.
(where's the logic in that?)

Is there anything in the western seas i shouldn't kill??
joay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2001, 09:52 PM   #2
Tananda
Elminster

I wonder - can it be the Highest Logic in all that good_NPC_killing_for_Experiece_points? May be the sense is that one should resist the temptation to kill somebody good? You know, you can't surely say whether you are really good if there is no temptation to do bad things

As to your question - there's nobody across the sea, that must not be killed. May be except the first mermaid you'll meet and Oracle - I do not know whether it's possible to kill that Oracle in underwater city - but I'll better warn you (just in case ) - talk to her

Actually it seems to me in the whole game there is only one creature whose killing can prevent the game ending - it's dragon (if you didn't get the sword).

------------------
Sincerely Yours,
Tanda
Tananda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2001, 09:55 PM   #3
andora20
Manshoon

There are not many npc's in the western area's anyway,To I wouldn't kill would bu Talrick, (at least not until I get the map) also a mermaid u first meet in the collasium, apart from that, slaughter if u want to.

------------------
Carpe Diem, Carpe Jugulem
andora20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2001, 09:57 PM   #4
andora20
Manshoon

ooops, forgot about the oracle, Cheers Tananda!!

------------------
Carpe Diem, Carpe Jugulem
andora20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2001, 10:05 PM   #5
sageridder
Drizzt Do'Urden

There should have penalties for killing good nps's in my opion.But i think many have said that,you could kill the dragon.the lich's staff should kill cet as well.Actually never getting the mavin and kiling cet might bring a different end sceen,just speculating on that tho.

------------------
Trust is indeed a shiny jewel,set in the stone of friendship.And much like any other stone can be use to crush the skulls of those unsuspecting.To clear the path for me to claim my rightfull place as master of all I survey.
..........O,_
......_.L.=\_:
~~(_)==(_)

[This message has been edited by sageridder (edited 06-14-2001).]
sageridder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2001, 12:43 AM   #6
Fantaghiro
Dungeon Master

I lived by the theory that if it doesn't want to hit me, eat me, or if it does me a service - I won't hit it. Killing NPCs looks like it's a good XP earner, but you really don't need all those points to win the game. I won a few days ago, with characters so strong that nothing could touch them, AND all the NPCs are still safely alive in the Gael Serran.

I think the developers should have made killing NPCs earn players 0 XP, or even remove some of the XP they already have. Does the oath, even if it's not enforced, mean NOTHING?
Fantaghiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2001, 09:23 AM   #7
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

We've gone over this topic many a time and will do so again as long as there are new players to the game!

The game designers were extremely foolish to assign such high EX to the good NPCs and NOT enforce the oath players take early in the game. I keep hoping that was their original intention but somehow got left out or overlooked when they had to rush the project to get it to market.

I, for one, do not like killing the good NPCs. I like them. Gael Serran is better for their being there! I like to play the game in such a way that Gael Serran is better for MY being there too!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2001, 04:09 AM   #8
Jafin
Symbol of Cyric

You're not alone in killing NPC's! After my first visit to the Gael Serran I doubt half of the NPC's were still alive! The game designers did, fortuneatly, make most of the high XP NPC's VERY powerful. I lost 4 out of my 6 party members fighting Erathsmedor. I lost 1 fighting Oakenmir. All but my Warlock went mad fighting the Sphynx (I still don't know how I beat that thing...)

I'm on my second time through and this time I'm going to try not to kill a single NPC. Well, except maybe Torin, that guy annoys the hell out of me!

-Jafin
Jafin is offline   Reply With Quote