Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-04-2001, 06:10 PM   #1
Tarinoc
Dungeon Master

It seems that Viconia would be a much better addition to the group that Jaheira. I was going to make my group be as such: me, Sorcerer; Korgan; Minsc; Valygar; Viconia; and Jan. I'd like some feedback as to what people think of Viconia or Jaheira. But I feel so bad kicking Jah off of my team. What she says makes me feel so horrible.
Old 05-04-2001, 06:32 PM   #2
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

Viconia is a pure class cleric and probably the best cleric in the game, if equiped properly she can become a decent fighter (i.e. Crom Faeyr). Like any other clerics she has no armor class restrictions and can memorize lots of cleric spells (18 WIS), but without STR enhancing items she is a bit weak (STR @ 10).
As a fighter/druid, Jaheria can wear metal armor unlike single class druid, she can fight, she also have druid spells (which is a great support like insect related spells and fire elemental summoning). On a side note she also have a somewhat long NPC related quest relating to Harpers. But the problem with Jaheria is that she is multi-class character, meaning her levels will be limited due to the in-game exp cap. However, this problem can be overcome with the exp cap removed.
Personally, I think Jaheria is more practical than Viconia.

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Old 05-04-2001, 06:51 PM   #3
Tarinoc
Dungeon Master

Ack... I think Viconia's spells are much better than Jaheira's, but I really need more suggestions from people. You know, since Jah leaves for good once you kick her off.

[This message has been edited by Tarinoc (edited 05-04-2001).]
Old 05-04-2001, 08:27 PM   #4
Lord Shield

I prefer Viconia simply because controlling undead is such fun. Yu can hide in shadows when they're in sight if they're controlled. Backstab multi-times. And that's after you've had them smack their mates to bits. Jaheira is better at the old hand-to-hand because she's multi-class Fighter. Being single-class, Viconia increases faster (same as Anomen but not such a ■■■■■) and gains the higher level spells sooner

Old 05-04-2001, 08:37 PM   #5
Tancred
White Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Accord:
Viconia is a pure class cleric and probably the best cleric in the game, if equiped properly she can become a decent fighter (i.e. Crom Faeyr). Like any other clerics she has no armor class restrictions and can memorize lots of cleric spells (18 WIS), but without STR enhancing items she is a bit weak (STR @ 10).
Good god, man... MICKEY MOUSE would be a decent fighter if you gave him Crom Faeyr!

Tancred
Old 05-04-2001, 09:46 PM   #6
John D Harris
Ninja Storm Shadow

I used them both, I liked the walking pharmcies, Jah's better in scraps,
Vava-Vic has better spells I think. "Raise dead" without taking any damage like Jah's " Harper call". "Repulse undead" is nice too.

------------------
Old 05-04-2001, 11:04 PM   #7
Grand-Ranger
Galvatron

Location: Everywhere I wanna go its already where I am,cause I am already there
hmm..lets compare

Loyalty form bg1-both

Overall story-Jaheria (with gorion and what not)

Better weapons-Well considering Clerics and use hammers and its like the overall goal to get he Comr Faery (sp),Vicronia

More intresting?-hmm,well thast a good question,i have enver had Vicronia in my group so i dont know..

it evens out in my book
Old 05-05-2001, 10:06 AM   #8
Gimlee
Elminster

Viconia is way better. But, for the early states of the game, I take tem both. Jaheira is the first to gain some level 5 or 6 spell, (i'm talking about heal). But , if you put some strenght modifiers on Viconia, she can be a better fighter than Jaheira.
Old 05-06-2001, 04:47 AM   #9
caleb
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

But she only has 1 attack per round unless you haste her. Why not give the stuff that makes viconia a mediocre fighter to jaheira and make her one of the best fighters.

------------------
Meet my lawyer.