Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 02-03-2004, 08:39 PM   #41
Dalamar Stormcrow
Banned User

Mine is Rise of The Triad, bloodier than Doom! I had dreams of Nazis ripping my head off. Now its monsters
Old 02-03-2004, 10:58 PM   #42
Nerull
Lord Ao

Quote:
Originally posted by quietman1920:
Does anyone remember an addictive little RPG called 'Rogue'?
I loved that game...I especially loved that the items all changed their descriptions each time that you played (just because a potion of healing was a certain color one game didn't mean it was the next game!). Hard game, too. Always hated walking into a new room and seeing nothing but letters (mass combat time!).
[img]\"ubb/noncgi/smiles/new/ghoul.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br />\"The middle class pays all of the taxes, does all of the work.<br />The lower class exists just to scare the middle class.\"<br />-George Carlin
Old 02-03-2004, 11:16 PM   #43
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Rogue.... great little game. RUN!!! HERE COMES A "T"!!!!

It was fun and challenging, until I figured out how to cheat. Started saving games and reloading them, and it was never quite the same.

Anyone else ever read the code of a Scott Adams game to try and figure out how to get through the game?
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Old 02-04-2004, 02:00 AM   #44
Felix The Assassin
The Dreadnoks

Geez, the young Atari 2600, was it shooter?
Atari 800 XL, what a machine. M.U.L.E.
C-64, Pirates
Amiga, sweetest graphics machine ever. Wizardry series.
Now we all have "PCs" where video cards have larger memory then did our HDD's, and our keyboards have a quicker response time then did our processor's FSB.

Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

John F. Kennedy
35th President of The United States

The Last Shot

Honor The Fallen

Jesus died for our sins, and American Soldiers died for our freedom.

If you don't stand behind our Soldiers, please feel free to stand in front of them.
Old 02-04-2004, 08:08 AM   #45
Lord of things
Elite Waterdeep Guard

My first game was on super Nitendo and it was the duck shooting game.
Old 02-04-2004, 08:46 AM   #46
ronan
The Magister

my first game was tank on an old atari but did anyone else play the text based lotr game on a bbc pure frustration
Old 02-04-2004, 09:57 AM   #47
ryaldin
Elminster

My very first was bump n jump on the commodore 64, followed closesly by my first (and the best) nintendo game: CONTRA!!! [img]graemlins/shooter03.gif[/img]

First d&d? BG.
Old 02-04-2004, 10:20 AM   #48
Barry the Sprout
White Dragon

Probably the first game I ever played was some text based RPG version of Lord of the Rings on a Commodore. I was young at the time and can't remember the name of it, all I do remember is that it was awful. The first game I ever got completely addicted to and wasted hours of time on was Civ 2. What a game...

[ 02-04-2004, 10:21 AM: Message edited by: Barry the Sprout ]
[img]\"http://img1.ranchoweb.com/images/sproutman/certwist.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br /><i>\"And the angels all pallid and wan,<br />Uprising, unveiling, affirm,<br />That the play is the tragedy, man,<br />And its hero the Conquerer Worm.\"</i><br /> - Edgar Allan Poe
Old 02-04-2004, 12:58 PM   #49
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by quietman1920:
Does anyone remember an addictive little RPG called 'Rogue'? There was also a cool star trek simulation game called 'BEGIN' or 'BEGIN2'.

Say, I'm not the only one who remembers these, am I? They could be stored off a 5 1/4 floppy & played through a COMPAQ Portable...

Nope you are not the only one, I remember those! We had one at work and I used to lug it home to do work on [img]smile.gif[/img]

The first game I ever played was probably Zork (not counting arcade games at the arcade).

Reality Show Recaps
Old 02-04-2004, 02:33 PM   #50
quietman1920

Quote:
Originally posted by Felix The Assassin:
Geez, the young Atari 2600, was it shooter?
Atari 800 XL, what a machine. M.U.L.E.
C-64, Pirates
Amiga, sweetest graphics machine ever. Wizardry series.
Now we all have "PCs" where video cards have larger memory then did our HDD's, and our keyboards have a quicker response time then did our processor's FSB.
Atari800...with MULE (where the computer characters always cheated). Whenever we played MULE, it was understood that human players would 'Collude' against PC characters wherever possible just to make the game close to being fair. And don't forget Jumpman and Boulderdash. And the unbeatable 'Gemstone Warrior'.

*In GW, you had to fight your way through a maze to get to a relic in a cave. You are almost out of bombs & super arrows when you find it. You're all set to retrace your steps when the cave door closes and Indestructable monsters start chasing you into the back of the cave. If you made one wrong move (and it took 20 game hours to get you there before this) or turned into one wrong room, they'd swarm you and kill you. I think the monsters were Adamantium-skinned Beholders who shot rays of 'Saturn V thruster force'. If I had a nickle then for every curse I called down on the programmers I'd be independantly wealthy today.