Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-28-2003, 05:03 AM   #61
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Just a general comment...I'm very proud of you all, being able to discuss such a sensitive grenade topic on the forum - up to page 3 and no flames yet! [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

To everyone participating, you've set a standard now - it's up to you to maintain it to conclusion. Your reputations as people who can discuss a sensitive topic in a civilized way are at stake here. I look forward to you all continuing to pleasantly surprise me - and I hope one person doesn't spoil it for everyone. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Old 01-28-2003, 05:48 AM   #62
wellard
Dracolisk

I see abortion, execution, suicide, murder and euthanasia as all related. Humans taking human life.

All decrease the inherent value of human life to a society. All are action choices that have alternatives.

ALL have alternatives? How about someone who wants to commit suicide, because the pain of the cancer that eats his/her body is driving him/her insane? What alternative do you see for that?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am with you Johnny 100% and I am so proud that the Netherlands government introduced euthanasia, unlike Australia where people in the northern territories voted overwhelmingly for it but ‘cause it was not a full state the church ruled federal government overrode it. But maybe this is for another topic and perhaps (respectfully) we should just focus on abortion.

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
Old 01-28-2003, 05:49 AM   #63
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

thanks Rev for the explaination.

1. Pro-Choice

2. because it's the woman decision to abort or not. not mine or anybody else.

3. don't care

4. if the girl that was raped want abortion. let her do it then.

5. I strongly support death penalty, as I believe strong punishment is the only way to control human beings.
Old 01-28-2003, 07:44 AM   #64
Sir Krustin
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by wellard:
ALL have alternatives? How about someone who wants to commit suicide, because the pain of the cancer that eats his/her body is driving him/her insane? What alternative do you see for that?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am with you Johnny 100% and I am so proud that the Netherlands government introduced euthanasia, unlike Australia where people in the northern territories voted overwhelmingly for it but ‘cause it was not a full state the church ruled federal government overrode it. But maybe this is for another topic and perhaps (respectfully) we should just focus on abortion.
Euthanasia has no place in any healthy society. If someone wants to deal with the pain in that matter let them, but don't do it to them.

It's a very dangerous path to tread, once initiated the government could introduce mandatory euthanasia just to reduce the number of people collecting pensions and medical benefits. ALL life is sacred!
Old 01-28-2003, 08:45 AM   #65
Masklinn

Yes all life is sacred.

1. Pro-Choice

2. I don't consider it as a life at early stage. Besides, the mother and the foetus make only one, so it's all the mother's choice. Better that than an unwanted child. Really. (See the thread about the 3 years old boy chained to his bed - Thaz one possibility of how an unwanted child can be treated).

3. -

4. I would be against abortion if it could help to "select" your child (sex, genes, who knows...). You want a child and you're ready to love him/her regardless of what nature gave him/her or you just don't want any. No way that you could want a child like this or like that.

5. I am strongly against Death Penalty.

(I don't see how Death Penalty and abortion are related ? Unless...unless the only one who could apply death sentence to a criminal would be his/her mother ! Would be interresting...)
Old 01-28-2003, 09:28 AM   #66
Zyzzyrazz
Elite Waterdeep Guard

1. Pro-choice, and in cases of consensual procreation, the father needs to have a say.

2. Death is a part of life, and the earth is way overpopulated anyways.

3. Umm, my religious beliefs are rather complex, I don't belong to any recognized religion, more of an amalgamation of numerous philosophies, with some of my own postulates intertwined. So no, my beliefs of this matter are not against my beliefs.

4. The more tramatic the circumstances of conception, the more I personally support abortion; but it is the choice of the individual, although I must say they should have the abortion as early as possible, anything over 3 months is way too long.

5. I'm for the removal of those who are a threat to the well-being of the propogation of our species, but there would need to be concrete evidence for them to be executed, otherwise imprison them until said evidence can be obtained; we also need much greater expedience of execution.
Old 01-28-2003, 09:36 AM   #67
Melusine
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Yorick:

I was of the opinion that perhaps if a girl is raped, abortion should be allowed, but now - after songwriting with a woman who was raped at age 11 and had a daughter as a result - I've changed my mind. Her daughter, (12 years younger than her) is such a beautiful girl and has such a great relationship with her sister-like mother it almost made me cry. The beautiful spirit of the mother was awe-inspiring. She turned an act of hate and violence into love and new life.

Sorry Hugh, but with all the respect, you can never have a real idea of what it's like. You take one example of someone you admire and would hold all women who have to go through that hell to the same high standard? I cannot but disagree very strongly with that. What if the child is not a "beautiful girl" but a child that constantly reminds the mother? That may look like its father? That may be sickly or deformed because its parents were related? Again, I mean no offense but no matter what you have SEEN, you haven't experienced it so you shouldn't be ready with your judgement. Good for your friend that she managed to do this, but I don't regard women who cannot as in any way weaker, morally less strong, or in any way less than her. Just getting through the experience is enough accomplishment, and if they decide to abort a fetus (given that they do so early in the pregnancy) it is, IMHO, understandable and not to be frowned upon.

[ 01-28-2003, 10:15 AM: Message edited by: Melusine ]
Old 01-28-2003, 09:41 AM   #68
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
I 100% agree with Melusine here. This is a very tricky situation.
Old 01-28-2003, 09:43 AM   #69
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

I am with Melusine on that one. I liked the way you said that.
Old 01-28-2003, 10:09 AM   #70
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Memnoch:
Just a general comment...I'm very proud of you all, being able to discuss such a sensitive grenade topic on the forum - up to page 3 and no flames yet! [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
[img]smile.gif[/img]
Hey Menock, since I threw the grenade I guess I'll claim I'm an Eagle Scout.
http://www.winternet.com/~mikelr/flame64.html

I've decided you know that site in waaayyyy too much detail. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]