Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-23-2002, 06:24 AM   #21
Melusine
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Larry_OHF:
She said that if it was not permissible...then most of the food we eat daily would not be permissible
Yup, sounds logical [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Agree with the others, she's probably done worse when you weren't looking and I'm sure MaryBeth will be fine [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-23-2002, 07:36 AM   #22
Legolas
Jack Burton

Larry, if you don't mind my saying, I think it's really sweet the way you're overreacting [img]smile.gif[/img]
Talk about a loving dad!

As to the moth, even if she hadn't vomited Mary-Beth would probably have been just fine. Although you'd better not have given her moth-poison...
Old 09-23-2002, 12:32 PM   #23
Cerek the Barbaric
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Relax Larry. It IS natural to over-react, especially with your first born.

I read a cute story many years ago about how a parent's attitude changes as their family grows. A father of four was talking to a new father who was worried about his child swallowing a coin. The father of four explained it this way...."When my first-born swallowed a dime, we rushed him to the Emergency Room. When our fourth child swallowed a dime, we just took it out of his allowance."

Raising children is stressful business, and it scares you to death when they do stuff like that. But - as you have more of these "experiences" - it will be easier to tell which ones are REAL Emergencies, and which ones can be handled at home.

So don't worry, I promise you - it gets MUCH WORSE!!!!

(*LOL* Sorry, I just couldn't resist. )

Seriously, it sounds like you and your wife are doing a great job. Keep up the good work. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
Old 09-23-2002, 12:40 PM   #24
Kaltia
Jack Burton

I don't even want to know what i ate as a kiddy. What ever it was, I got salmonella. (my mum just added I stuffed peas up my nose. damn parents.)

The wolf is as cunning as he is ferocious; once he's had a taste of flesh then nothing else will do.
Old 09-23-2002, 02:00 PM   #25
WillowIX
Apophis

No worries Larry, actually it might just be good for her . Doctors and scientists, don´t continue reading if you´ve got a queasy stomach , encourages parents to let their newly borns come in contact with as many bacteria as possible. Some even suggested dabbing their mouths with a dishcloth. The immune system at that age is hyperactive and VERY efficient (that´s why fever is so common among children)! The more diseases we get when young, the more diseases we´re immune to when adult.
Old 09-23-2002, 02:19 PM   #26
MagiK

Mmmmmmm Protien!!!!!!!

Hehehe Im pretty sure she has done quite well with her winged dietary supplement [img]smile.gif[/img]

Old 09-23-2002, 02:22 PM   #27
Lord Shield

peas up your nose? Bet that was squishy. I used to stuff a dice up my nostril and sneeze it out at distances

seriously, though, i'd bet she was fine purely on the strength of puking the hting up. Checkup's not a bad idea but no need to panic IMO

Old 09-23-2002, 02:53 PM   #28
Kaltia
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord Shield:
peas up your nose? Bet that was squishy. I used to stuff a dice up my nostril and sneeze it out at distances
Wow, what a party trick that must have been...did your parents show you off when their friends came round? [img]tongue.gif[/img]

The wolf is as cunning as he is ferocious; once he's had a taste of flesh then nothing else will do.
Old 09-23-2002, 02:56 PM   #29
Lord Shield

Quote:
Originally posted by Kaltia:
quote:
Wow, what a party trick that must have been...did your parents show you off when their friends came round? [img]tongue.gif[/img] [/QUOTE]i had many talents

Old 09-23-2002, 03:00 PM   #30
Kaltia
Jack Burton

Quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Kaltia:
quote:
Wow, what a party trick that must have been...did your parents show you off when their friends came round? [img]tongue.gif[/img] [/QUOTE]i had many talents [/QUOTE]I'm not sure if I'm brave enough to hear the full list
I can see it now...Hello, insert friends name here...would you like to see our wonderful son wave his tentacles around and shoot dice out of nostrils at hjigh speeds?