Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 10-29-2001, 09:50 PM   #1
OmegaKiller
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Cheap way of killing any dragon (and probably any boss) is to set a ton of snares around them. For example, set about 20 traps around one of these beast and in less then a second, you have one dead puppy.

ok ok ok. So that was lame right? to successfully fight a dragon, cast 4 or 5 lower resitance spells to lower their spell resistance. if they dare to use any protective spells counter with a breach. After you successfully got their resitance to zero start casting magic missles or flame arrow. Each spell takes about 20 to 30 hp from any dragon. Try it! I beat Firkrag with my mage w/o any backup whatsoever. (had to use a ton of healing potions and speed potions but I got the job done with the game settings on hard)

Old 10-29-2001, 09:52 PM   #2
andrewas
Harper

remember the dragon get harder and harder as the game progresses. it probably a spoiler but i will tell you that inToB there are dragon that are hostile when you go in, and react to Cloudkill and such. very few of the lame cheats works against them, so youd better follow this guys example and learn to deal with them right!
Old 10-30-2001, 02:35 AM   #3
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

I made a webpage on Dragon slaying tips.

The link is in my signature.

------------------
If not a Sorcerer casting total oblivion, then a Cavalier meting out justice. Otherwise, I think I will just be a Blade and torture my enemies with, "My Heart Will Go On".

Platinium Sorcerer of Aerie Loving Sacred Band!
-------------------------
Party Sorcerer Spell List, v1.03
Dragon Slaying Tips
For your daily dosage of insanity,
Old 10-30-2001, 08:56 AM   #4
BALROGBANE
Zhentarim Guard

hOW DO YOU SET 20 TAPS. iVE ONLY GOT4?

------------------
Im watching U

Old 10-30-2001, 09:06 AM   #5
Ares

you set a couple then you rest, then you set a couple more (repeat until desired)

------------------
Old 10-30-2001, 09:22 AM   #6
OmegaKiller
Elite Waterdeep Guard

MAJOR SPOILIER WITH YOSHI!!

you can set an unlimited amout of traps with any human theif. all you have to do is follow the steps to DUE-CLASS them. Only instead of accepting it, just press concel and walla you have your trap making ability back again without resting. Another way to do this (and somewhat cumbersome) is kick the indiviual out of your party only to accept them back when they come back to ya.

OmegaKiller

I AM YOUR FINAL DEATH

------------------
Old 10-30-2001, 09:33 AM   #7
Doxin1
Dungeon Master

Quote:
Originally posted by OmegaKiller:
MAJOR SPOILIER WITH YOSHI!!
you can set an unlimited amout of traps with any human theif. all you have to do is follow the steps to DUE-CLASS them. Only instead of accepting it, just press concel and walla you have your trap making ability back again without resting. Another way to do this (and somewhat cumbersome) is kick the indiviual out of your party only to accept them back when they come back to ya.
That's interesting. I'll have to try it. Thanks for the tip!