Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 11-28-2000, 06:05 PM   #1
drakken

i am able to handle the shade lord dungeon so easily then when i get to theis guy i get my ass kicked. i know i dont have to even fight him but i want to kill him bad. does anyone have any good tips for takin this beast down

Old 11-28-2000, 07:06 PM   #2
Sardonix

Magic resistance (cleric/druid spell) should be cast on him. Then you can use harm, slay living, or feeblemind on him. In my case, the first two failed against both Dragons, but feeblemind worked first time on both. Then they just sit there trying to remember who they are while you can kill at your leisure.

Old 11-29-2000, 12:06 AM   #3
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Lower resistance, greater malison, then finger or death or some other instant kill spell if you can cast it. Also cast some summonings to use as cannon fodder and lower his HPs to below 90. Then cast stun on him and keep hammering away. It helps if you can cast neg plane protection so you don't get level drained.

Of course if you're desperate you could also try the cheezy approach and cast cloudkill on him and move out of range.