Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 06-13-2001, 11:43 PM   #1
Jafin
Symbol of Cyric

Okay, finally got to playing again (It's been almost a week since I last played!) and I decided I wanted to get my ninja and samurai. So I went to beat the ***insert any word you like here*** out of the stupid Mantraps. It wasn't too bad this time actually. I just ran all the way to Shurugeon and got along the wall where they couldn't breath on me. Then, for about 45 minutes I burned, shocked, flamedropped, meteorstormed and otherwise maimed the 4 moving plants. So then I went to the Samurai burial grounds, got the baton, and went into Shurugeon. I beat off some ghosts, went into the sentry tower, lowered the drawbridge and headed home.

Upon entering Ishad N'ha, I trained in the guilds (everybody gained at least 1 level). Then, I took my wizard, soon samurai, and rogue, soon to be ninja, into the Bushi Dojo and everything went just fine. I then bought my Samurai gear and equipped it. Here's where it gets really weird. I put the samurai leg armor on her, it looks normal. I put the Tabi-Waraji on her, looks normal, I put the Kabuto on her head, looks normal. I give her a katana, looks normal. Put the leather bracers on her, looks normal. Then I put the Samurai Do on her and things get really weird. Look at this:

Now tell me that doesn't look weird? Has this happened to anyone else or am I just having a strange glitch?

-Jafin

------------------

I may look like an old man now, but just you wait until I take off my fake beard and wig and show you Tiltowait!

[This message has been edited by Jafin (edited 06-13-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Jafin (edited 06-14-2001).]
Jafin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2001, 12:22 AM   #2
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Looks like a video glitch. Remove the Do, then put it back on her. Sometimes that fixes it.

Congrats on the Mantraps!

-Sazerac
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2001, 12:49 AM   #3
Jafin
Symbol of Cyric

I took off the Do, put it back on, tried putting on her armor in all sorts of different orders, but still no cake. Hmmmmm..... I still have to reload the game. Maybe that'll help? I guess if that doesn't work I'll just get used to it or give her different armor.

The Mantraps were actually kinda fun this time! Just sat back blasting them, having my wizard (who is now the funky samurai) slowly build her mana back up to unleash a meteorstorm. I never did find all of the axes, shurikens, and arrows I launched at them . I guess I've gotta buy more! Oh, I'm never gonna get tired of this game!

-Jafin

------------------

I may look like an old man now, but just you wait until I take off my fake beard and wig and show you Tiltowait!

Old 06-14-2001, 01:02 AM   #4
Tananda
Elminster

Ah, I'm ashamed to say this, but I thought that such an appearance was normal... Of course, I know it looks really weird, but the things were this way every time in my W&W games. Actually I never have seen my Samurai looking someway different from that on Jafin's picture... And this can't be healed by removing Do, Saz, it can't be healed even by reinstalling the game I do not know how to make it look in proper way and I'm curious how should normal Samurai looks like...

BTW, Jafin, nice signature!

------------------
Sincerely Yours,
Tanda

[This message has been edited by Tananda (edited 06-14-2001).]
Tananda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2001, 01:08 AM   #5
Jafin
Symbol of Cyric

My whiskah samurai looked normal... Maybe it's just with elven females... I equipped my Ranger in my last game (who was a male elf) with that equipment and he looked normal. I put it on my dwarven barbarian and he looked normal. I guess it's just a glitch. Oh well, plate mail is a more protective armor anyway and I've got the money, oh boy do I EVER have the money *looks slightly guilty after using the Inn gold cheat*

Maybe we should ALL have funky samurai! LOL

Thanks Tanda! I just made my sig actually. I just edited a pic I got off the net.

-Jafin

------------------

Old 06-14-2001, 01:19 AM   #6
Tananda
Elminster

Hmm, Jafin, you know my Samurai was elven female, too - every time. Really strange. Seems we can get a normal looking Samurai by chosing somebody else for this role? It would be nice to know exactly who is ordirnary-looking Samurai - whiskah, you say? Anyway, this strange armor looks funny enough.
And do not think about the money - you know, there is always a chance for a good business in all those shops

------------------
Sincerely Yours,
Tanda
Tananda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2001, 01:22 AM   #7
Jafin
Symbol of Cyric

It was a whiskah male if that makes a difference.

I just got an idea. I believe that Warriors can wear any armor. If you wanted to spend the time, you could put the armor on every single species to see which look normal and which don't. I just might experiment around with that...

Lost in thought,
-Jafin

------------------

Old 06-14-2001, 03:54 AM   #8
Traute
The Magister

Hi Jafin,
Your Samurai must be an Elf. Dos and chainmail suits turn green on Elves, while they turn purple on Gnomes. In my last game my Elf equipped a chainmail coif together with the Do and Kabuto, and her face turned green, too. Ugly, but it's been that way in all my games.

Traute
Traute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2001, 10:18 AM   #9
mammawlin
Drizzt Do'Urden

LOL "Funky Samurai" Jafin!
"What's Normal?" Tanda!
"Purple on Gomes" "Face turned green, very ugly!" Traute!

I never saw any of these! Made me LOL Too funny!!!
Thanks for the laughs!

Mammawlin

------------------

I can do all things through Christ Jesus who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13
mammawlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2001, 03:53 PM   #10
Benihaha
Dungeon Master

I have an elven female monk and she turns purple instead of green when I give her D'Soto's Chainmail. I'd prefer green because she'd be more camo colored but the purple makes me think that all the monsters are smirking at her when they attack. Oh well, gives her a reason to fight harder to defend her fashion choices.
Benihaha is offline   Reply With Quote