Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 08-21-2001, 08:37 PM   #11
Kezardin
Elminster

Gedd,

spoiler
Jaheira will eventually disappear a second time, and you'll receive a note telling you not to follow her. If you ignore her instructions and follow her to the harper strongold it'll be unlocked.

Kez

[This message has been edited by Kezardin (edited 08-21-2001).]
Old 08-22-2001, 03:37 AM   #12
Gedd
The Magister

thanx..was beggining to despair..
Old 08-22-2001, 04:03 AM   #13
Starkiller
The Magister

I could be wrong but I do not think she will ever leave the second time if you never go to the keep the first time, because the whole harper plot has not yet been triggered by her encounter with Galvery (or whatever his name is)...hmmm...You know, I believe there is a way to teleport your party to different locations using cluaconsole, but I am not exactly sure how this works. I have only heard about it. This would usually be considered cheating, which is why I don't know about it, but in this case due to what is probably a glitch in the game, it may be your only option. Memnoch, or someone more technically minded might be able to help you because you need to get inside for the Jaheira plot to progress. Hope this puts you on to a solution, sorry I couldnt tell you exactly how to do it.

------------------
"Not everything ends the way you think it should"
Old 08-22-2001, 07:18 PM   #14
Kezardin
Elminster

Hi Gedd,

sorry, I misread your original post - Starkiller is right in that you can't continue the quest unless you can get into the stronghold.

Did you head there fairly promptly after Jaheira returned ? Strange things can happen in some quests if your party is delayed too long.

Also is there an entry in your journal about it ?

good luck

Kez
Old 08-22-2001, 07:25 PM   #15
Jake
Banned User

Is it just me or am I seeing a Ged and Gedd.

------------------
Old 08-22-2001, 10:33 PM   #16
Draggor
Zhentarim Guard

What should have happened is that after the bandit attack jahiera leaves with another harper. She returns after you sleep next and says to go straight to the harper stronghold. If you take too long it gets locked again. Being a thief doesn't lock it. I usually travel to the docks while she's gone and rest in that inn nearby so I'm right there when she returns.If It's closed after doing all this then it's a bug. Have you got Shadowkeeper? There should be a global variable for HarperStrongholdClosed or something similar. Set it to 3 (ie off) so it's not closed. There is also something like JahieraGone or left (can't remember) set that to 1 then load the game. She will be gone again. Rest and see whether she returns. This might key the opening of the door. There are several bugs reported in the Jahiera romance. Download the latest patch to (supposedly) fix them. It won't solve a problem thats already happened though (as in your case)

------------------
visit www.zipworld.com.au/~wsgs
Old 08-23-2001, 04:07 AM   #17
Gedd
The Magister

i dont think i waited a particularly long time after she left...but it could have been a day or so.
it seems as if shadowkeeper is the only option now...will try it out 2nite. In my view it isn't really cheating to do something like this, it is like eliminating a defect in the game or a bit where the games isn;t entirely "realistic". i.e. in real life if you came up against a locked door you could always knock

Old 08-24-2001, 03:01 AM   #18
Starkiller
The Magister

Exactly, you are simply fixing a bug. I hope Shadow Keeper works for you, there might be a "return to the Harper Hold" global variable that dictates the time you have to return, try setting it high and see what happens. Just a thought, but remember to keep an uncorrupted save in case these ideas don't work. Failing all else, as I said before, you could look into warping yourself inside
Old 08-24-2001, 08:02 AM   #19
Gedd
The Magister

Tried shadowkeeper but those damn doors will not unlock.
I deleted the jaheirabandit global which had the effect of that converstion you have directly after the bandit attack. Then she left and returned and said something like.."we will be able to pass the wards on the door, but only if i am with you".
doors still locked tho.
i filled with the closeharperdoors global but that had no effect.
Does anyone know the exact combination i will need to be able to get in. Will leaving the docks, modifiying the saved game and then returning make a difference?