Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-25-2002, 09:36 PM   #1
Finn McCool
Dungeon Master

Okay, got to Malavon, killed the golems and umber hulks with relatively little problem. BUT, now I can't get out of the area. The door icon doesn't appear when I try to exit, so I'm basically stuck. I've killed everything including the little sniferblin. The only thing that went wrong is that I killed Malavon only once. He never reappeared. Can any one help. If not, I'm screwed because I saved after the fight.
Please feel free to email me at eyeryo@hotmail.com.
Thanks.
Finn McCool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2002, 10:40 PM   #2
Azred
Drow Priestess

Do you have your cheat keys enabled? If so, then hit the "x" key somewhere on the floor. In which area are you currently located?

No matter how thinly you slice it, it's still bologna.
Azred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2002, 11:36 PM   #3
Finn McCool
Dungeon Master

No, I don't have the cheats enabled. I was able to go to the auto save and reload it. Then I killed the golems, the umbers and the fake Malavon. Then when the real one appeared he waxed my party. So I reloaded again and rekilled everything, but this time the real Malavon didn't show up and I'm stuck again. I'll keep trying to reload, but it's really frustrating. Is there some sort of order I need to loot the stuff in order to activate the real Malavon?
Old 01-25-2002, 11:56 PM   #4
Finn McCool
Dungeon Master

Okay, crisis averted. I went back in from a previous save, killed everything and then the real Malavon appeared and this time I waxed him. (Silence 15' apparently leaves him unable to dimension door and he's a sitting duck).

If the game had auto saved a couple of minutes later, I would have been permanently stuck in the room and lost the whole game.
Old 01-26-2002, 10:28 PM   #5
Azred
Drow Priestess

Congratulations on defeating Malavon. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] He's probably the toughest fight in the game, right behind the main bad guy himself. No, he can't cast any spells if he can't make any noise.

No matter how thinly you slice it, it's still bologna.
Azred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2002, 06:19 PM   #6
Finn McCool
Dungeon Master

...and after all that, I'm doomed because the Ilmaiden, or whatever her name is, didn't come with a badge. I dispatched her and her fire giants by funneling them into a bridge, but there was a glitch and the badge didn't show up on her corpse. So.......... I guess it's on to Baldur's Gate 2 without finishing this.
Old 01-29-2002, 06:31 PM   #7
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Check all around her body again and in the two containers at the back of the hut.

If you still can't find the badge, you the cheat codes to recreate the badge. [img]smile.gif[/img]

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote