Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-16-2001, 09:00 AM   #1
Vampire

I don't know if you know all of these but for people who are new here are tips on battles.

1/ against a very tough Fighter: If the combined team can’t take on this fighter even using magic, then use this tactic.
Have your mage on stoneskin and fireshield. Go in and attract this fighter’s attention. The fighter hiting a mage with stoneskin is the same as a goblin really. Whilst the rest of your fighters will smash him in without getting hurt. Have lots of stoneskins ready! Ofcourse you can hit and run but if anyof you played IWD, you’ll know what I am talking about……some time there is NO WHERE to RUN.

2/against mage/lich. Your approach with mages should be lots of non-stop mini damage. Such as poison.
Poison and such will disrupt a mage badly as with insect swarm. As soon as the mage is not taking damage..you are doomed. You must cast breach non-stop and truesight as well. Any stun or fear effects must be removed ASAP with dispel magic.

3/ Dragons: Dragons have a horde of spells, but because they can attack, they don’t really get to use a lot of it’s decent spells. Therefore the more you drag out the fight the worse it is. Go for kill as fast as possible.
Lower it’s resistance and go in with fast never miss spells like magic missile.

Old 06-16-2001, 09:10 AM   #2
Sigmar
Unicorn

I thought I contribute my favourite tatic here, people may already use it or it may seem obvious but I thought I say it anyway, presenting the cloak and dagger.
Make sure that your whole party is near their enemy but not in sight of them, make sure that everyone has all the offensive and defensive abilities that any charecter in your party can have are activated. Once you are satisfied haste your party, get your mage to cast mass invisibility on your party. Surround your enemy and then attack as one. I have defeated the twisted rune, celestial fury party and the party in the sewers using this tatic with ease. Even dragons fall to this. I hope this helps anyone.

------------------
Sigmar has only one foe,
and he is Tiax!
Old 06-16-2001, 10:10 AM   #3
Hesperex

all I'm going to say is this:

ASSASSIN, BACKSTAB, POINSONED WEAPON, POWERFUL MAGIC USER = dead

you get where I'm going yet

------------------

My website http://hesperex.8k.com
Hesperex Freth: 1st son of Matron Mother Shi'nayne Freth, 1st house of Ched'Nesad. Weapon master and patron of house Freth.

Old 06-16-2001, 03:50 PM   #4
Rand Al'Thor
Elite Waterdeep Guard

If there are mages casting good(deflective and protective spells on themselves just after finished talking,your thief or other with ranged weapons shold shoot him so spell failes
otherwise you may spend years getting rid of the spells

And:whats yuor favorite spell?
mine are magic missile and chromatic orb(now the orb petrifies targets when i cast it)

And fireball + cloudkill are good

------------------

So says the Lord of Terror,and so it is written.
Old 06-16-2001, 06:22 PM   #5
Legolas the Elven Archer

Quote:
Originally posted by Avatar:
Ofcourse you can hit and run but if anyof you played IWD, you’ll know what I am talking about……some time there is NO WHERE to RUN.
As an Archer, there's only one simple thing to keep in mind if you plan on surviving:
If there is no room, just make room.

Oh, and don't call it hit and run. It's hitting and tactically withdrawing

------------------
The last arrow of Legolas kindled in the air as it flew,
and plunged burning into the heart of a great wolf-chieftain.
All the others fled. -J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Old 06-16-2001, 07:07 PM   #6
Encard
Quintesson

Here's a strategy a friend of mine came up with: Spell Trigger: Lower Resist x3, Chain Contingency: Horrid Wilting x3. This hurts. A LOT. Oh, and against undead, especially groups of them, a great thing to do is create a few Elementals, cast invis on your cleric (if you have one) and one your mage, then send the Elementals into the room with the undead. They will attack, and in a few more seconds, move your mage to the edge of the room, and your cleric a bit farther in, and then simultaneously cast Horrid Wilting and Sunbeam (Sunray?). Stuff will really start to die. And finish to die, too.

------------------

will devour your soul... I think... Wait... Oh, no! The Great Evil Undead s are attacking! Nooooooo!!! Take refuge with the RaBid Fruit Trees! Oh, No!!! TOO LATE!!! AAAAAAAAAGGGHHH!!!!!!

[This message has been edited by Encard (edited 06-16-2001).]