Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum

Old 01-28-2002, 04:19 AM   #1
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Spoiler
~
~
~
~
So there I was... underground and being swarmed by sentient blue mushrooms who seem intent on sharing their bad mood with everybody, and I got lost. Literally.

Anyway, so I go and read the Ironworks' IWD walkthrough, and besides helping me, it also mentioned something about passing a potion to a guy named Bandoth.

I have the potion, but the thing is, when I go to Bandoth and talk to him, there is no dialogue when potions of any kind are mentioned. I could brag to him, question him about the dwarves, etc... but not potions.

And just for a lark, killed him a few times too... he was rude after all. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Anyway, I thought, nevermind. Maybe it will pop up later, so I go on my merry way killing hordes of Drow, Orcs and Undead. I went so far that I can now proceed to a place called Wyrm's Tooth, but I fear tht this is going to be the next chapter, so before I step through the door, how the heck do I stuff this potion down Bandoth's throat?!?!

Land of the Psycho-moe
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2002, 08:42 AM   #2
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

You're talking about the razorwine extract right?

It seems that a lot of people are having trouble with the dialogue with Bandoth. What should happen is this: He should tell you that he sent an apprentice out looking for this and ask you to find it for him.

Spoilers:

There is a cave on the southern part of that map with the dead body of his apprentice. Search the body for the extract and return it to Bandoth. That SHOULD open up his "store" for you - which will allow you to buy four summoning scrolls that are not available anywhere else!

IF this is what you did, and it STILL didn't work. Send me a Pm or an email - and when I get home from work tonight (in about 8 hours or so - ugh!) I'll email you Bandoth's dialogue file. It sounds as though yours might have gotten corrupted.

Just to play it safe - you DO have IWD/HOW/TOL all installed, and its the US version? right?

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2002, 03:14 PM   #3
BRNDL BACKBREAKER
Elite Waterdeep Guard

For what it is worth, I finished both IWD & HOW with the Razorine Extract in my inventory.
BRNDL BACKBREAKER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2002, 06:10 PM   #4
Warboss
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Spoiler
;
;
;
;
;
;
;
;
;
;
;
;
;
You need to ask Bandoth how to get to Lower Dorn's Deep. He will send you to find the razorvine in exchange for the information.
Old 01-29-2002, 02:09 AM   #5
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Doh! Looks like I advanced too fast... ... [img]tongue.gif[/img]

The summoning scrolls that you are referring to, are they Summon Fire/Air/Earth Elemental and Summon Shadow? I ask this because I bought them already, and I do not need access to Lower Dorn as I have found it myself already... ...

Does this mean that I can never complete this quest? Sigh... ...
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2002, 10:12 AM   #6
Faeth
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Where the heck IS Bandolf??? I can't even find him.
Thanks,
Faeth
Faeth is offline   Reply With Quote