Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-21-2001, 04:34 AM   #1
The_Dark_Templar

Whenever one of my men is lvl up, fighters are gain only 3 hit points! and mages and priests are only 1! they didn't get the bonuses from their const and always roll the same! i download and install the newest patch but nothing changed! Please help me!!!!

Old 08-21-2001, 04:37 AM   #2
trux

Quote:
Originally posted by The_Dark_Templar:
Whenever one of my men is lvl up, fighters are gain only 3 hit points! and mages and priests are only 1! they didn't get the bonuses from their const and always roll the same! i download and install the newest patch but nothing changed! Please help me!!!!
After a certain level that's what happens. Fighters gain 3 hit points per level, mages one hit point, etc. And at this time constitution bonuses end as well.

------------------
a bunch of long hairs.
trux
Old 08-21-2001, 04:48 AM   #3
trux

And you do know that only fighters get constitution bonuses, right?

------------------
a bunch of long hairs.
trux
Old 08-21-2001, 05:19 AM   #4
Sharpedge
Zhentarim Guard

Not entirely true. The Warrior classes (Ranger, Paladin, Fighter and Barbarian) are the only classes that can benefit from a constitution above 16. For any other class 16 and above always gives a plus 2. Where as 17 and 18 give a plus 3 and 4 respectively for the warriors.

Level 9 is the last level where you roll hit dice and add con bonuses. After that, you will simply gain a set number of hit points per level as trux has pointed out.

This is where 2nd edition D&D starts to look a little silly IMHO.
Old 08-21-2001, 07:45 AM   #5
Lord Shield

Quite so. Fighter types are the only ones that can have a CON bonus of +2 - after 9th level, it's a fixed amount - all part of 1st and 2nd edition AD&D - in 3rd edition, you get the full dice+CON EVERY level which should be reflected in Neverwinter Nights when it comes up

------------------
In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is pimp.
Lord Raptor's Site