Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 02-25-2001, 04:48 AM   #11
Rikard_OHF
Beholder

And don't forget
You were one of 5 who i Actively and personaly tried to get to join the clan
and you being the only one who refused
Old 02-25-2001, 05:19 AM   #12
Tobbin_OHF

Hey, anybody have Gabriel's e-mail? I'd hate for everyone to put down here how much we will miss him if he's gone and he doesn't see it. I say that because if not for Moraine and Ladyzekke e-mailing me, I wouldn't have known when I left. Come on everyone, we can't let Gabriel leave. At least not for why he's leaving. Show your support.

Old 02-25-2001, 06:22 AM   #13
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Gabriel, don't be silly! Of course people know who you are. Didn't you read a post I made where I said you were ready to take my mantle as Most Helpful? And the thread you created on Board Awards, didn't that go to 150+ on two separate threads? Cheer up! The first time I thought anything was wrong was when you posted this. Up till then I didn't think you had a problem or issue at all. I thought you were helpful to newbies and got on well with some of the other regulars. For example, this killing the founder thing - first I ever heard about it was now.

What I will say, and I hope you don't take offence because I just want to help,is that you may be taking things a bit too seriously. Think of this board as like being at a party. You can't talk to everyone all the time and get involved in everyone's threads all the time. Likewise, you can't expect everyone to notice you all the time especially if there are other threads/timezones/stuff going on. You may need to be a bit realistic about your expectations. I've been on this forum for 3 months now and I don't expect everyone to notice everything I wrote. People are on different timezones and are looking at different things. I post oneliners at those spam threads and don't expect people to respond.

Also, don't think of it as a contest - who posts the most or who has the longest thread is the most popular and all that. That's a load of bullshit. There are people like Rikard who hardly post (6.1 ppd!! ) yet they are respected and liked here. As YOU are! Why be bitter when other posts exceed yours? Quality not quantity my friend! And most of the other posts that go 100+ are spam posts that people are posting for fun, so don't measure yourself against that.

Please realize that different people may be drawn to different threads, and threads can take a life of their own, that is an inescapable fact of message boards. Just like different people gravitate to different things/conversations at a party. But everyone mingles, you do eventually get your time. And don't forget, in those roleplaying spam posts, people are roleplaying...don't take it personally.

I hope this doesn't sound harsh because it's not meant to be at all. If you do decide to go, that's your prerogative. BUT, I wouldn't want you to go feeling bitter and unloved - because that's not the case at all.

Hope to hear from you soon.
Old 02-25-2001, 07:36 AM   #14
Stealth Bomber

Can't really say much more than the others have already said, but I was shocked to hear you felt that way. I think you may have taken some of the roleplaying as real, but I am sure no-one dislikes you, quite the contrary your contributions have been both fun and helpfull. I too find that some of my posts are ignored, but as Cloudbringer said there are a lot of people from many time-zones and they may not see your post until 12 hours later, assuming they visit the board every day. Please don't feel disheartened and keep posting as we will miss you.

Old 02-25-2001, 08:16 AM   #15
RAISTLIN

As my old friend bill says "i feel your pain". Hey i know how you feel gabe. There a plenty of times that I have posted and not gotten ten zillion replies. My reply rate seems to be lower than what I see on many other posts. I look at it like memnoch, this is a party. Not everyone can talk to everyone all the time. I am well liked by most people i meet in real life, here i get a slightly diferent response (not bad, just different). I believe the difference is that sometimes it is hard to determine just exactly what someone may have meant because we can not see facial features, body gestures or hear intonations and inflections.
As far as i am concerned i did not know you had come and gone under different names. I bet no one else knew youhad chnaged names. I guess what I am saying is you should not feel persecuted for that. To come or go is your choice. To leave is the easy way, thrwo your hands up and walk away. Be diferent, challenge yourself, take the hard way and stay. Maybe you can teach us what you think is wrong, maybe you can learn new things about yourself.
Finally i highly doubt anyone actually meant you harm or really wanted you to leave. Case in point, I have been riding someone called NAZGHOUL, however i do not actually dislike him. I have been trying to help him work through setting up a moving gif. It is roleplay here and all is said andshould be taken in fun.

Hope to see you around

Old 02-25-2001, 09:09 AM   #16
Rikard_OHF
Beholder

Hm I'm Respected????
I really hope so
I do have to say that the 6.1 ppd is mainly becoz of a slow almost no posting periode between october and december
Old 02-25-2001, 11:04 AM   #17
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

ROFL!!!! Excuses, excuses. Numbers don't lie!

Rikard, kind of like Alessandro Del Piero's goal drought for Italy?

Sorry I couldn't resist that
Old 02-25-2001, 11:15 AM   #18
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Gabriel, why would you leave??
I mean, I´m not really any good doer, jumping in and out on peoples threads, typing real bad english so I´m suprised people understand what I mean sometimes..
And well I guess we al think that we are neglected or have some snppy comebacks yo us but well we are all different and thats what so great about this place we are all different and thats why at least I want you to stay and stop these "foolish" things about quiting on us! Stay and talk insted or type

I´m at least as crazy as you are..
Old 02-25-2001, 11:49 AM   #19
MORDRICK THE MAD
The Magister

Hey Gabriel,
I'm a new insignificant member of this board and although I dont really know your history as goes this board, I dont't like to think of anyone out in P.C land feeling down to something as trivial as the amount of posts you get on this board I've read some of your stuff(looking back pages n pages) and I've got to say that to people such as myself I fing your answers/help to be very useful and not too complex as I dont really know a lot about RPG's(I only own this one and the prequal). So cheer up mate If it werent for people such as yourself idiots like me would have given up on Baldurs Gate ages ago and melted it down to make it into a yogurt pot!.
Old 02-25-2001, 11:53 AM   #20
Rikard_OHF
Beholder

hm maybe this will work

PLEASE PLAESE DON'T LEAVE
I NEEEEEEEEEED YOU