Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-13-2001, 12:11 AM   #1
Benny Mulligan

Looking for a spoiler if there is one to be had. I got the keep but so far it looks like pretty much a big building. Great as a storage bin until you get to chapter 3 and lose access to it for the rest of the game in the hunt for the bad man, but other than that I haven't found anything else there. Am I missing something like quests associated with it?

Second - does anyone else here think that they should have made all of the chapters after 1 free-for-all chapters like 2? I love being able to do my own thing with the mini-quests while I work on the big quest. Everything after 3 seems like they're leading you along by a nose-ring.

Old 01-13-2001, 12:23 AM   #2
bonscott87

*************SPOILER**********************

Well, after you get the keep, if you go back every week or so, something will happen (someone caught stealing, raiders in the hills, etc.) If you are in the city, a messanger will find you and tell you to come back to the keep for something urgent (like when the Lord R. wants to take the keep from you.) Now the keep quest was the first quest I did in Chapter 2 and now I am doing all the rest and I've had 5 mini-quests so far back at the keep. In a couple weeks I outta get the one with the big drag out fight with the two big armies, then it will be mine and they'll quit bugging me.

So long as you do these "mini-quests", keep the people happy, and keep taxes at the 500gp for week, you should never lose the keep. If you don't keep the people happy, they will revolt and you lose access to the keep. Don't do that!

Good luck.

Old 01-14-2001, 12:19 AM   #3
The-Shark

Just out of curiosity, exactly how many mini-quests are there for that keep? (I've gotten to the "maid wants to marry extremely pickled ranger but annoying merchant get in the way.")

Old 01-14-2001, 08:45 AM   #4
Draggor
Zhentarim Guard

There are eight mini quests involved with the keep. I went back for the next plot every week when my taxes came in.
Old 01-14-2001, 08:49 AM   #5
Armisael

They were pretty bad. Kind of like watching Neighbours. Especially that stupid maid bit, and the yobbo Tempus priest. Am I the only one that had the bill collectors hanged?

Old 01-14-2001, 09:30 AM   #6
Draggor
Zhentarim Guard

No Armisael you're not.