Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-22-2000, 10:16 AM   #11
Larr2

You must remember that since this is based in the Forgotten Realms setting, they will not design the game to contradict what has been written in the novels, which has their planned releases up through the mid of 2001.

Old 11-22-2000, 11:44 AM   #12
_max_RUSSKIE

You mustnt forget , there are some still EXTREMELY powerfull enemies out there Like the DRACOLICH!

Can you imagine the power>? And you thought Firkraag was tough!, Liches are bad enough, honing there magical skills over the Aeons, BUt what about in dragon form? Sheesh.

There were no Daemons, Yugoloths, Draconians, Baatezu, Displacer beasts, Feyr's, Galeb Duhr's (No giants even! Apart from 1 in shark-city!) Frost giant, etc etc. Grell's, Hag's, Gorgon's, Hydra's Intellect Devourers (not illithids), Lamia's Kelpie's, Manscorpion's, etc etc etc All AD&D monsters (i think heheh.)

Old 11-22-2000, 03:12 PM   #13
bilqis
Symbol of Cyric

I agree with Glorick .. it would be nice to be able to level to the point that you can use some of those higher level spells and abilities.

One aspect of BG2 that I've found very interesting is the attempt at creating relationships between characters. I'm not talking only 'romances', but the whole concept of random conversations, underlying personality conflicts, slowly revealed NPC personal histories - this is all very fascinating to me. I hope the creators of BG3 pursue that aspect in more depth. It's what makes BG2 so replayable for me. With a different NPC party mix, you get a variety of interactions. Add in the different quests depending on the class you choose for your character, and they've created a a game with great replay value!! In my humble opinion anyway.

I do hope they read posts on bulletin boards like this.
Old 11-23-2000, 12:24 AM   #14
Jerome2k

I think the game would focus round the fighting of the OTHER children of Bhaal. then you would have a challenge, especially if they were made the same level as you...or higher....

Old 11-23-2000, 11:48 AM   #15
Larr2

I would love to see a Dragolich...
Are they the #1 hardest monster to kill, besides a God himself??
If not, then what is, and why?

Old 11-23-2000, 01:55 PM   #16
mikeheitz

I know that we will be able to import our characters into NWN. I hadn't heard anything about BG3, but I would assume they would try and convert it to 3rd ed. rules to allow for higher levels, etc... Also, I have not finished BG2, but I read somewhere that at the end, the game just ends, and you cannot keep going with side quests. Is that true? I thought Interplay stated that you could keep going once you finish up the main story line???

Old 11-23-2000, 02:11 PM   #17
Larr2

I like Jerome's idea, that you encounter other children of Bhaal. I know there are more out there than just Imoen, and myself. The end of BG I showed that, by all those statues that were still intact in hell.
I would like to get to the mystery of the guy who got struck dead by a lightning blast in Trademeet, when he could sense my divine origin. There is something to that, and BGIII could play off of it, quite easily.
And why did Jon I. not go after all those others?? Were they too strong for him to control?? hmmmm....

Old 11-23-2000, 02:48 PM   #18
Jerome2k

FINALLY SOMEONE LISTENS TO THE VOICE OF REASON!!!!!

sorry, just noone else seems to take my ideas seriously these days.....
good point about not beig able to control the other children, mabey the BG3 crew will take the idea on board eheh? Hey Larr! fancy making a sequal with me?

Old 11-23-2000, 03:57 PM   #19
Rikard

How the hell do we get up with BG3
that's what a lot of people seem to think but I somewhere hjeard that bg is gonna be a trilogy like all legendary stuff
And i heard that in during the release period of BG1
I'm I goning crazy or is this topic based upon real facts

Old 11-23-2000, 06:35 PM   #20
bpm07

No Rikard, this is just speculation, but then speculating is fun. And it often unveals some interesting ideas
Chill