Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 11-15-2000, 11:53 PM   #1
One-Eyed Jack

I have a few questions and would be very grateful if anyone out there could answer them.
-I just finished the Umar Hills quest and got the shadow dragon scales. Where can I go to get these forged into armor?
-What is the best longsword and where can it be found? I finished chapter one, went and got the quest from Nalia, freed Hendak, and now I just finished Umar Hills. What is the best longsword for this stage of the game? I am going to go get the Flail of Ages and use it along with my Sword of Flame.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.. also, any information on where I should go next would also help alot! Thanks!

Old 11-16-2000, 12:24 AM   #2
Armisael

You can get Cromwell the smith to forge the dragon scales into some nice leather armour. He's in the Docks district; his smith is marked on the map.
The best longsword you can get at that stage would probably be the Blade of Roses +3, which can be bought from the Copper Coronet after freeing Hendak and killing Lehitnan. The other decent sword that is (kind of) readily available is the Dragonslayer +2, which can be found at the Windspear Hills dungeon.

Old 11-16-2000, 06:39 AM   #3
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

The other decent sword that is (kind of) readily available is the Dragonslayer +2, which can be found at the Windspear Hills dungeon.

heheh...I like the way you so tactfully put it, Armisael
Old 11-16-2000, 07:25 AM   #4
One-Eyed Jack

Are there any other good places besides Windspear Hills, Umar Hills, and the Hold that I can goto in this chapter?

Old 11-16-2000, 07:25 AM   #5
One-Eyed Jack

What is the easiest way to get to the Windspear Hills besides having to go through that one guy that wants you to kill those monsters? Is there any other way?

Old 11-16-2000, 07:37 AM   #6
_max_RUSSKIE

Uhhm it is definately Blackrazor +3 !

When you hit you have a chance of draining four levels, hasting youself fo 20 seconds etc etc

You find it at the verry end AFTER killing Irenicus the first time. I.e. In hell

Old 11-16-2000, 07:39 AM   #7
dragonslayer
Manshoon

You could also get Daystar, a +2, +4 against evil, with Sunray ability. It can be found in the Graveyard at the top of the map, with the Tomb King Guarding it(fairly tough).
Old 11-16-2000, 07:50 AM   #8
Zoratorak
Welcomed New User

my own personal opinions since i am a fighter/thief character and my specialty is bow... i really prefer the raesher +2 (i think thats the spelling). have you seen a sword that can fight by itself. kinda like the phantom blade spell and you can cast it once per day and goes back to your inventory afterwards. equalizer is kinda nice but i like others better... what is so interesting about blade of roses anyway?? all it does is charisma... (no criticisms intended. =)
Old 11-16-2000, 08:02 AM   #9
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Blade of Roses is a +3 weapon, that's what's interesting about it at this stage of the game. Remember Blackrazor and the Equalizer are +3 weapons only as well. But I would go with Dragonslayer, it gives you Regeneration and Immunity to Fear as well as Detect Invisible.

Max_Russkie, don't take this as a flame, but if you read One-Eyed Jack's message:

now I just finished Umar Hills. What is the best longsword for this stage of the game?

Blackrazor is obviously useless to him at his stage of the game and for all its abilities, useless to anyone really. Kind of like buying a Ferrari F355 when you're 80. I'm sure he loved the fact that you revealed the spoiler about when you get it and how many times you have to kill Irenicus for him as well.
Old 11-16-2000, 08:07 AM   #10
Zoratorak
Welcomed New User

sorry for asking this but i dont remember getting a cool sword from the tomb king... only a helmet... i am not sure if he is the right person i am reffering to but could you pls tell me where he is? thanks