Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum

Old 03-04-2007, 12:24 AM   #1
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

I have been gaming through HotU for the first time, and have been encountering numerous little bugs here and there (more than either previous campaign) but nothing I cared to whine about until now.

Before the Final Battle with the Valsheress, I am supposed to go to the South Tunnel (undead), the West Tunnel (Beholders) and the North Tunnel (Illithid) and kill each boss so that they cannot be allied with the army coming against The Seer's people. I have finished the South and West tunnels but have not been given the opportunity to stop the Illithid! The game went straight to a dream sequence and then into the war prep. the next day!! WTF???

Any thoughts?

Issue Resolved. Next question is below.

[ 03-04-2007, 01:23 AM: Message edited by: Larry_OHF ]
Old 03-04-2007, 12:53 AM   #2
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

You have the option of killing, or swaying them to your side. However, once you finish two of them, you have to stay out of town, or, presto, it's war time.
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 01:22 AM   #3
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by robertthebard:
You have the option of killing, or swaying them to your side. However, once you finish two of them, you have to stay out of town, or, presto, it's war time.
Yeah...I see...well let me ask this...How the FLIP do I keep that stupid Seer alive? Once she's dead, my guy gives up! I cannot keep her alive during the fight with the guys that come in from the docks! I stay by her side and shoot arrows until all my allies are dead and then when the enemy gets close enough, I go to swords and do what I can until one of them sneaks by me and kills the old hag.

WTF???
Old 03-04-2007, 02:31 AM   #4
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Try to keep your allies alive as long as possible. I think you get a brief respite between the battles, and you can give your NPC's healing potions to try and keep them alive a bit longer. I think that's a timed thing, if you make it so long, you go on.
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 06:16 AM   #5
Legolas
Jack Burton

What I did at the time was tell my henchmen to stay back and run over to the enemy battleline to personally kill them all. I wasn't happy the battle started before I could visit the flayers either but they didn't give my rogue any more trouble than the drow did.
Er... I'm not sure if that's any help in fact [img]smile.gif[/img]
But you could try going out there to distract them rather than firing at them until they target the seer. I'm afraid it's been too long ago for me to be able to tell for sure, and besides, I had so little trouble with that battle I sailed past any bottlenecks - though I did need to work out that there was no point in standing on the battlements commanding others when I should be out there killing.
Legolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 04:31 PM   #6
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by Larry_OHF:
quote:
Originally posted by robertthebard:
Yeah...I see...well let me ask this...How the FLIP do I keep that stupid Seer alive? Once she's dead, my guy gives up! I cannot keep her alive during the fight with the guys that come in from the docks! I stay by her side and shoot arrows until all my allies are dead and then when the enemy gets close enough, I go to swords and do what I can until one of them sneaks by me and kills the old hag.

WTF???
[/QUOTE]I laid a veritable minefield of traps around the docks. It made a world of difference in dealing with the drow. [img]smile.gif[/img] The tricky part was staying invisible or stealthy while I was laying them.

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 05:36 PM   #7
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Well, I persevered and won my way through that mess. During the first scene, I stood in front of the internal doorway and shot arrows until somebody tried to come too close and knock the gate down. Then I'd hack them. Almost all of my soldiers died, but I made it through that.

Next, where the place was being overrun from the docks, I stood right in front of the Seer instead of wandering off and took more care in aiming at certain targets with my bow, picking out the ones that were already getting past my henchmen. When they got too close, I'd pull out my swords and lay them down...but this time I zoomed in to get a closer look and I think that helped than trying to keep my eye on the fight in whole. I had a more personal look at the battle field and was more easily able to pick out my targets and won through it...

Now I am in Hell...he 8th one that is...and I have not tried going any further. It was 2am when I quit last night.