Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum > Wizards & Warriors Archives

Old 11-12-2000, 01:36 AM   #1
freudianslip
Welcomed New User

Well, I put up a few more things on the Story Archive site. I'm trying an interesting opacity effect on the author's pictures; if you have the time, could you check it out and see if it works for your browser? I am especially interested to see if it works with Netscape browsers. I use IE 5.5 and it works fine, so if you
have a different browser model and/or make, it would be great if you could check it see if it works.

The Wizards and Warriors Story Archive!!

Thanks again!
Old 11-12-2000, 02:28 AM   #2
Gaijin

Works fine slip...

I've been using that script on my page for a while now, and the only complaints I got initially were from Netscape users who claimed that the affected images were too dark to see. Anyone using Netscape will just see the original non-transparent image, so yours should work fine with any browser.

Citadel Arcanum (my other gaming passion; and NO it's not an Arcanum site dangit )

Old 11-12-2000, 02:39 AM   #3
freudianslip
Welcomed New User

Thanks!

AH, Arcanum! If it weren't for NDA, I'd be curious to see if you were a fellow a beta tester. I mean, if there was such a thing as a NDA, and a beta, and I was a part of it and stuff. Yeah, that's it.

I'm Freudianslip on there, as well! I usually split my "board time" between here and the Arcanum board, lol..

Were you a fan of the Fallout series?
Old 11-12-2000, 04:02 AM   #4
blackpage

gidday

I checked out your site and neither IE55 nor NS4.75 did actually show any opacity effects. IE whines about some classes not being registered and NS just ignores every remotely decent image effect as per usual

Also a well known NS-inconvenience, hover effects on text links do not work ('please do' etc. just stays green)

Even though, do not worry about that too much cause the achievement of full cross browser compatibility is a quest that makes seeking the Mavin look like getting a can opener from the kitchen. And after all, it's the stories that count, and the ones posted so far are most delightful! Keep up the good work!

In case you need screenshots (or any other NS related infos) to check how the site looks in various browsers, please feel free to contact me since I have all the baddies installed here, including the "shrine of all software evilness", NS4.04.

p.s.: I read the guidelines on your site, and being a non-native speaker I'd like to apologize in advance for any inconveniences the reading of this posting may have caused (just joking)

Old 11-12-2000, 08:37 AM   #5
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Blackpage - what is your native language??

I'm far from gifted when it comes to learning foreign languages but have studied Latin, German and French and am always facinated by the differences.

If anyone needs one, I have a typo license you may pick up at http://www.mibcr.org/library%20of%20...poLicense.html

Wyv
Old 11-13-2000, 03:46 AM   #6
blackpage

re: typo license
(note: freudainslip, if you're gonna read this, please, do take this Prozak NOW -> O )

LOL, Wyv!

thanx for YOU'RE typo lisense. ITS just what I needed. Furnished with a permiTT of such a caliber ITS a PLESHURE to repLIE to the postings. AKtuaLy Im thinking about reinstalling the ACME "langwhich pack" and THEY'RE "sanskrit" KEEboard drivuh