Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 11-18-2001, 06:22 PM   #11
Svenman{GUARD}
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Origionally posted by tom: you cant use timestop in BG2.Posted by me right now: If u have tob installed u can.
Old 11-18-2001, 07:27 PM   #12
Dresdan
Zhentarim Guard

Try using protection from evil 10' radius. This will keep the fight a lot easier to manage, don't let it run out.
Old 11-19-2001, 02:58 AM   #13
David Coath
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Dear All

Thanks for your collective input

I used a bit of it all , with heaps of summoned stuff, all hasted , and the running away trick to buy time to queue up my summoned gear.

He and his mates do their best but he runs out of mates and runs out of spells and then you can kill him. It still took me a couple of goes.

Sorry to start the debate about spoilers, I must say I have appreciated the support from you all. It has made a great game all the better

Thanks again

Davegame
Old 11-19-2001, 07:41 AM   #14
Whailor

I personally don't know anyone who has not played this game. It's an old title by now and the net is full of spoilers, tips, solutions, cheats and so on. If a person expects not to be "spoiled" in the first place, I suppose that he/she wouldn't come here at all. But since he/she came here, it was pretty clear intent to get a "spoiler".

Every "tip" can be considered as a spoiler as well. If someone wants a spoiler-free game, then there's no point to even look on the boards. I playerd BG1 and BG2 and everything else I have ever played through alone, on my own, without anyone's help or tips. I didn't need it, these are already spoilers. So I don't see really any reason to jump the gun, just because here's the word "Spoiler" missing from the needed 20th column from the line, 3rd row from the top. So if the friend of a jumping egg doesn't want to get spoiled, then he really should not use any boards related to this game whatsoever. Not send e-mails asking for tips. Not call to a friend and ask for tips. The message board is for exchanging the information, not censor the available knowledge the people have.

I personally feel it's much more reasonable to give tips and spoilers here, rather then have the person simply download the ShadowKeeper and cheat away, or use the in-game cheats. The "spoiler" is still a legit way to the through something and should not be labelled a la "delete this trash" with a red face at the end. Not to mention that it's - again - an old title and anyone who has been even slightly interested in it has probably read the reviews, which give away much more information about the game (i.e. where you start, why you are here and where you end) then the posts here. These boards and people here are a good and legit source of the information, so they should - in my eyes - post as they do, instead of forcing the deletion of their posts. When someone comes to these boards, it's their intent already to get "spoilers, tips, tricks, info, solutions", otherwise they wouldn't be here. So, let them get it, it's information age we're in.
Old 11-19-2001, 09:59 AM   #15
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

quote:
Originally posted by Whailor:
I personally don't know anyone who has not played this game. It's an old title by now and the net is full of spoilers, tips, solutions, cheats and so on. If a person expects not to be "spoiled" in the first place, I suppose that he/she wouldn't come here at all. But since he/she came here, it was pretty clear intent to get a "spoiler".

Every "tip" can be considered as a spoiler as well. If someone wants a spoiler-free game, then there's no point to even look on the boards. I playerd BG1 and BG2 and everything else I have ever played through alone, on my own, without anyone's help or tips. I didn't need it, these are already spoilers. So I don't see really any reason to jump the gun, just because here's the word "Spoiler" missing from the needed 20th column from the line, 3rd row from the top. So if the friend of a jumping egg doesn't want to get spoiled, then he really should not use any boards related to this game whatsoever. Not send e-mails asking for tips. Not call to a friend and ask for tips. The message board is for exchanging the information, not censor the available knowledge the people have.

I personally feel it's much more reasonable to give tips and spoilers here, rather then have the person simply download the ShadowKeeper and cheat away, or use the in-game cheats. The "spoiler" is still a legit way to the through something and should not be labelled a la "delete this trash" with a red face at the end. Not to mention that it's - again - an old title and anyone who has been even slightly interested in it has probably read the reviews, which give away much more information about the game (i.e. where you start, why you are here and where you end) then the posts here. These boards and people here are a good and legit source of the information, so they should - in my eyes - post as they do, instead of forcing the deletion of their posts. When someone comes to these boards, it's their intent already to get "spoilers, tips, tricks, info, solutions", otherwise they wouldn't be here. So, let them get it, it's information age we're in.

Mate, getting spoiled about the solution to a problem, and getting spoiled about THE PLOT are two very different things.

Besides this argument is moot. Spoiling is detested by most gamers, and banned by this board.

Dave, you've got your info. Delete the thread.

As I said I DO KNOW a regular of this board who only just begun SoA (not everyone buys software when it's first out Whailor), who hates getting spoiled like this.

Please Dave, to honour those that helped you out, DELETE THE SPOILER! [img]smile.gif[/img]

http://www.hughwilson.com
Old 11-19-2001, 06:57 PM   #16
Sean
Dungeon Master

Spoiler alert!!!!!!!!!

Sumon up 2 or 3 creatures like Aerial servant or elementals and then cast protection from evil 10 radius. Then cast pit feind and click on the door. When Irenicus appears cast another demon spell as far away from the pit feind as possible (because you dont want your two demons fighting). Use your two best fighters to attack irenicus and have your mages cast true sight and spell protection removal spells (spell thrust etc). Try to get rid of the demons before going all out on Irenicus.
Thats how I did it any way
Good luck!