Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 12-14-2000, 12:36 AM   #11
Magnus

If I would have known about the bag of holding, I would have been tempted to get it as well. I picked it up somewhere in the later stages of the game. It would seem like pretty standard fare for an adventuring party. It was quite a relief to be able to take more of the things I wanted to have....just in case. I'm kinda glad I didn't know, because it was so cool to get one. That's the scary thing about cheating, if you give yourself all the cool stuff, or buff your characters to invulnerable status, what do you have to work for? What do the rewards for your efforts entail? My favorite part of the game is checking out the cool new stuff I find/win/steal in a quest.
Even though I have shadowkeeper, I spend hours trying to roll up a good character. Again, I get a charge when I get an excellent roll.

Old 12-14-2000, 01:00 AM   #12
omegadawn
Welcomed New User

I agree with you magnus. I added that bag of holding the second time I played. The thrill of finding it the first time is what inspired me to add it early when I played again. and when you have two, you get twice the inventory accessible from either one!
Old 12-14-2000, 02:05 AM   #13
Armisael

Best roll I ever got personally was ninety. Still trying, though; maybe one day I'll have incentive to start my character over.

Old 12-14-2000, 04:47 AM   #14
UserUnFriendly

really simple. makesure you've edited balder.ini to enable debug mode/cheat mode, and press

cntrl+shift+8

all stats are set to 18.

since this is a function of the game itself, this is stable.
got this and other fun cheats in ironworks cheats section

Old 12-14-2000, 04:54 AM   #15
Armisael

That's not exactly what I'd call a legitimate roll. : P

Old 12-14-2000, 05:00 AM   #16
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Who cares if you cheat anyway? The whole point is to have a good game and to enjoy it. I once soloed IWD with a character with most stats at 25, plus 95% magic resistance, hacked myself a godsword, I wanted to be a god's avatar and kick everyone's ass. Everyone cheats at some stage; it's the Bhaalblood within us.
Old 12-14-2000, 05:13 AM   #17
Zertyr

I have to agree with Mumbock, Its all about enjoyin the game. I myself have not cheated with
an editor, but I did read on part of a walkthrue, and I myself consider that more cheating
than adding a point or two in a editor. But, its about enjoying the game, its not about how
you do it, just enjoy it and have fun.

Btw, you know its very boring sitting with internal audit! Shit, but the best part is, I get
to visit the nice ladies working in the Dutch Department.

Old 12-14-2000, 05:19 AM   #18
Armisael

I couldn't care less if people cheat. It's when they try to justify it to me that I start to get shitty.

Old 12-14-2000, 10:04 AM   #19
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Thanks for the support, Zerphyr!!!!!!
Old 12-14-2000, 11:12 AM   #20
Magnus

Memnoch (or Mumbock),
I think people may have taken me too literally. I don't like to cheat BEFORE I complete the game. I just finished a couple of nights ago and now plan to try a small party, maybe 3 characters. I will probably use SK to design my companions, but will play my main man straight up.
I stil don't like the word "cheating" for this. I prefer to call it modification for maximum enjoyment.
I DO consider it "cheating" if you have to modify things or teleport to locations you can't get to because you are unable to solve the game. I would feel like Sh** if I couldn't beat the scenario as it was designed. That, for me, is cheating. And even that is OK if it doesn't bother the player. I sure don't care if anyone does. I just hope they play a chaotic alignment. (not lawful)