Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-02-2008, 12:31 PM   #1
pritchke
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Thumbs Up List of games received for Xmas

I was pretty lucky in this department but the first year I have not received a PC games. Here is the list of games I received:

1. Links Crossbow Training.
This one is a blast remember Duck Hunt. This is the same sort of game but tons more fun. My wife like this one so having someone to compete with is really fun. I have heard the gun like apparatus (Wii Zapper) that comes with it is not very good. But I found it works very well with this game or any game were B is used extensively. My wife found it slightly heavy but I did not notice. If a game uses A or A and B alot than it is not so good as the A button is awkward to access. Thankfully the only time A is used for the game is to enter from the menu.

2. Resident Evil 4
Very easy controls with the Wii and while I have only just made it to the second part of the first town I find the controls easy to use. It is creepy game. I always feel like someone is going to jump me from behind. I like how they plant weapons and ammo, for example I can't find a rifle lying around I had to break into a house and remove it from the wall. I also managed to step into a bears trap which scared the crap out of me.

3. Guitar Hero 3 - God I can't believe what fun this is my figures are sore and I have descovered I suck but I am getting better with practice.

I also received the following but have not had time to play them yet so can't comment.

4. Super Mario Galaxy
5. Fire Emblem

Share your Xmas games.

Last edited by pritchke; 01-09-2008 at 12:30 PM. Reason: Guitar Hero 3 commit
pritchke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 07:41 PM   #2
Marty4
Symbol of Cyric

Default Re: List of games received for Xmas

Along with the crappy games that came with my new 360, I got Mass Effect, Halo 3, and Assassin's Creed. So far, ME has held my full attention.
Marty4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 09:11 PM   #3
Kyrvias
Lord Ao

For Christmas? A family member snagged me a copy of the Orange Box.

Haven't even touched Team Fortress and HL: 2 yet. Oh portal, where have you been all my life?

The cake is a lie.
Kyrvias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 04:57 AM   #4
T-D-C
Ironworks Moderator

I got NWN2: MotB along with COD4

Looking forwad to getting Links Crossbow training. I love my Wii!
Old 01-03-2008, 12:58 PM   #5
Unglaublich Verwustung
Silver Dragon

The Witcher - torn between finishing it and playing in EFU, damn those good games.

Make a decision, even if it's wrong, and remember....

...it's never too early for a salad.
Unglaublich Verwustung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 07:33 AM   #6
Jorath Calar
Harper

Got COD4, it's awesome but so damn short... already finished on hard so I'm playing multiplayer 1 on 1 with a friend... which is great fun.
Jorath Calar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 09:52 AM   #7
Thoran
Galvatron

Rock Band (ps3), Folklore (ps3), HL2 Orange Box (PC), Medieval 2 Add-on (PC), The Twin Ring Motegi track Add-on and FXX car for Forza 2 (360)
Thoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 02:03 PM   #8
Elif Godson
Dracolich

Dad upgrade ver. 8.2-65430AX101
Old 01-21-2008, 03:30 PM   #9
pritchke
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Finally had time to play the other two. My thoughts thus far.

4. Super Mario Galaxy - So far this has been fun, not sure why 2 players the 2nd player doesn't do a whole lot. I guess holding the enemy in place is helpful and it gives you something to do but I would still recommend switching places after a while if playing with two players 1 definitely has the most fun. They have done some pretty neat things with this game in terms of gravity and at times it really does make your head spin running around one of those little planets.

5. Fire Emblem - Not many strategy games for the wii but I really like how they incorporated the Wii remote and I find every battle challenging. I am on Ch 5 and it seems to be one battle per chapter while it may not seem like much it takes a little while to complete and figure out how to win each battle so a single battle may take several hours to complete depending on the number of attempts. There is a Battlesave which you can save your battle anytime this is cool and helpful but be careful either when you use it or make sure you have a few saves or you could end up starting from scratch. The story as been really good so far and gives you a little break between the battles and sets up the next one. Really loving this game.

So all my Wii games for X-mas I really like and unless something really gets messed up before completion I think I can recommend all these. They are all very different as well.

Last edited by pritchke; 01-21-2008 at 03:33 PM.
pritchke is offline   Reply With Quote