Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 10-10-2001, 01:05 PM   #1
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Well... so far so good... I am starting to get the hang of playing an evil character I think. Still a bit miffed that Edwin has more spells than me even after I equip my Necromancer with enhancing items... ...

Had a twisty time in the Underdark, although it nearly became disasterous. Killed the gnome patrol, killed the male drow( forgot his name), and because of that, I gave the real eggs to the female drow.

When the Lesser Demon Lord got summoned... I allowed it to take the eggs and lo and behold, it dispels my illusionary disguise and turns hostile.

I was thinking, no problem, I fought demons before and demons are easy fights... but noooo, the bloody thing was immuned to +4 and lower weaponary... ...

I had to use Korgan as a punching bag, while Viconia and my Necromancer poked it to death with Sling of Everard and Staff of Magi... ...

I had no Lower Resistance, used them up in a previous battles.

So tralalalala, the demon finally dies and what the heck?!?! Only 26,000 Xp?!?! I felt cheated, but life goes on... ...

Then I went to Adalon, this was my first time battling her, so I died twice before I finally got her.

Things I learnt from fighting with Adalon,

1) Never never never assume that Khelben's Warding Whip will remove the Spell Turning protection first...

2) Never fire a Spell Sequencer filled with 3 Flame Arrows at Adalon, unless you have a Spell Trap or Spell Turning on... ...

This has to be one of my most facepalming defeats ever, the last thought I had before the Flame Arrows impacted was, "I hope Azrael has enough life... ..."

3) Edwin looks kinda cute as a popsicle, pity you cannot revive ice sculptures... ...

4) Skeleton Warriors rock the house against Adalon because they are immuned to cold damage. They just grin when Adalon uses Dragon's Breath on them. In all the three fights, not one Skeleton Warrior died.

------------------
If not a Sorcerer casting total oblivion, then a Paladin meting out justice. Otherwise, I think I will just be a bard and torture my enemies with, "My Heart Will Go On".

Platinium Sorcerer of ALSB, Aerie Loving Sacred Band! She's MeowRrrr, and more!

-------------------------
Baldur's Gate Item Mart
Old 10-10-2001, 01:30 PM   #2
Cleric 2
Manshoon

Poor Adelon

------------------
Im Nik, the servant of my queen, Ellesime,

Emerald High Priest of ALSB

The enchanter of the god Aros, god of love
Old 10-10-2001, 01:41 PM   #3
H. Sedai

I was just reading about Queen Ellesime last night. How old is she?

nuther question -->What is the ALSB?

sorry for being so intrusive and inquisitive.

------------------
"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
-Robert McCloskey

Old 10-10-2001, 01:58 PM   #4
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Cleric 2:
Poor Adalon
Hey, I fought fair and square. I lost the first round, withdrew from the second and finally won in the third.
Old 10-10-2001, 02:17 PM   #5
Horatio
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

The ALSB is a clan of Arie worshippers. I joined recently.

Hail Arie!

And, to a lesser extent, Long live Jaheira and Nalia!

Horatio, Silver Ranger of the ALSB
Old 10-10-2001, 02:50 PM   #6
Nifft the Nimble

Quote:
Originally posted by Dundee Slaytern:
Well... so far so good... I am starting to get the hang of playing an evil character I think. Still a bit miffed that Edwin has more spells than me even after I equip my Necromancer with enhancing items... ...

Excellent post! I'm going to play through with an evil party soon (in my Copius Spare Time(tm)).

I'll bet the only way to be an evil spellcaster who's not very jealous of Edwin is to be a Sorcerer. Then you won't be in direct competition.

Thanks, -- Nifft
Old 10-10-2001, 07:16 PM   #7
dulouz
Manshoon

you mentioned giving the eggs to the demon. After you get the fake eggs from the Drow female, how did you go about swapping them for the real eggs? i tried, but never succeeded without blowing my cover.

dulouz.
Old 10-10-2001, 09:46 PM   #8
Fuzzy Animal
Zhentarim Guard

Now I want to be evil, I feel
that I am missing out on all the
fun!!!
Old 10-10-2001, 10:14 PM   #9
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by dulouz:
you mentioned giving the eggs to the demon. After you get the fake eggs from the Drow female, how did you go about swapping them for the real eggs? i tried, but never succeeded without blowing my cover.

dulouz.
All you need to do is make sure you kill the egg guards. No one cares if you do, but if you don't kill them, they raise the alarm and your cover is blown.

I must admit, I felt a certain delicious pleasure stealing the eggs, giving Phaere the other fake eggs, so screwing them both, then giving the real eggs to the demon for a halberd, then killing Adalon

------------------

Goddess of Undress
Co-owner of the Evil Petting Zoo and Sorceress of the HADB
OLD COOTS eye candy and Disrobed Division of the ORT
And her sidekick Pink

"High hopes...an endless river...forever and ever"
Old 10-11-2001, 01:17 AM   #10
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

Why'd you kill such a purrty dragon??? How dare you!!! She's... she's old!!!

------------------

Mithril Cavalier of ALSB
You almost had me? You never had me! You never had your car! It is not about winning by a mile or by an inch, its about winning.