Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-21-2001, 07:33 PM   #1
Staralfur
Baaz Draconian

I've just started a game with a bard in (a Jester to be precise), as I've never used one properly there a couple of things that I think it would be quite usefull to know;
  1. How far does the bard song reach? Do I need to be very close for it to have an effect, or can I leave my bard further back out of harms way?
  2. What determines if an enemy if affected by the bard song? Obviously more powerful enemies are going to be less likely to be effected, but do they have to save against anything.
  3. If there is a save, is this what is reduced as the bards' level increases? If not, how does the bard song get 'stronger'?
  4. Can they identify anything in the game, assuming their level is high enough?
  5. Will they be able to cast Level 7 spells in ToB? (I didn't accidently write one to her spell book )
  6. Can they ever wear armour and still cast spells?
  7. Is there any sort of Bard (not in the game) that has access to cleric spells instead of mage spells (because this would make my party even better)
  8. Why have I never used on before? So far I haven't spent any money identifying anything. I've confused just about everything I've met. And she is making an excellent 2nd spell caster (untill my 2 duals catch up). Possibly the most usefull character in my party!

On a different subject entirely; What do people think about an assasin(lev11) Dualled to a mage (max lev17)? I'm thinking and hoping she will rock, but I am still waiting to find out. (My other idea of an assasin/mage wasn't so good though - as people pointed out).

[This message has been edited by Staralfur (edited 06-21-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Staralfur (edited 06-21-2001).]
Old 06-21-2001, 10:58 PM   #2
koz-ivan
Manshoon

1. it's range is pretty good & seems to get better w/ levels, when your bard sings you'll see a musical note in each char's portrait, go some place safe and experiment moving char's away from the bard until the symbol goes away.

2. iirc it's a save vs spells (jester's song is the only one that affects enimies iirc)

3. the effects get stronger & range gets better

4. yes.

5. no.

6. there are certain armours they can wear & cast (+ bracers)

7. no.

8. bards are pretty neat, great team players.
Old 06-23-2001, 06:22 PM   #3
Willard
Fzoul Chembryl

a couple of times throughout the game you will come across " Elven chain mail". Bards and mage multi or dual-classed characters can wear it and still cast spells.