Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-01-2002, 07:50 PM   #31
AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe
Hathor

Im just trying to get all my facilities and all my resources straight before my protection runs outi have about 60 fighters and 25 salvagers
I have a gorund control fleet control and defense control and im building a ionized energy sheild that will be ready in 4 ticks I have 44 mines and 52 probes and only 108 ticks till protection runs out. how am i doing so far?
Old 02-01-2002, 08:01 PM   #32
Victor von Steiner
Silver Dragon

I started building ships right from the start. I would start construction on a facility first then buy some mines and probes then what ever I have left I buy ships. While my facility was being built I would then buy some more ships then I would wait a couple of ticks then I would buy more mines and probes.
Old 02-01-2002, 08:38 PM   #33
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
quote:
Originally posted by Galadria:

Er, Aelia, how do yoou get colonies?

Okay you need to build troop transports to start. Now click on map on the right hand side of the screen, and you'll be able to see galaxies. You need to find unsettled planets, and it's best to get planets where there are other IW people to protect you. Most of us have colonies in 1:5:4 - 1:5:10 or so, so check there first. When you've found an unsettled planet click on fleets and move some troop transports, and fighters if you like, into a fleet, then order that fleet to attack the planet you've chosen.
Old 02-01-2002, 08:48 PM   #34
Mitro Jellywadder
Quintesson

quote:
Originally posted by Victor von Steiner:
I am just waiting to come out of protection. I have 40 ticks to go. I already have the following.

Assault Fighter 350
Chameleon 400
Fighter 1,200
Salvager 20
Troop Transport 50
Total 2,020

Shield Generator - 180

Mines 48 and Probes 47

You don't have to wait until the protection runs out as long as you colonize where we have established a base of power. 1:5:9 1:5:3 1:5:7 etc.. If you are ready to colonize, go ahead and go out..We can protect you while your building up. Or you can wait, either way it's up to you.
Old 02-01-2002, 08:52 PM   #35
Victor von Steiner
Silver Dragon

I am going to wait so I can build up more. It is stuck at 33 ticks to go for me and now it is down.
Old 02-01-2002, 09:48 PM   #36
Scholarcs
Red Dragon

*sigh* EQ is down again....and I was just about to build a probe...dam my newbieness...lol
<br />\"A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five\" - Groucho Marx<br />Member of the ORT Clan. <br />\"Some birds are not meant to be caged because their feathers are too bright\"<br />Ma bouche sera la bouche des malheurs qui n\'ont point de bouche, ma voix, la liberté de celles qui s\'affaissent au cachot du désespoir. - Aimé Césaire<br />La plus perdue de toutes les journées est celle où l\'on n\'a pas ri. - Sébastien Roch Nicolas
Old 02-01-2002, 09:52 PM   #37
Victor von Steiner
Silver Dragon

Yep it has been down for an hour now. I keep getting this message.

Restoring deleted players for inactivity that did not log in after game went back up therefore they were erroneously deleted by game. Check again in 5-10 minutes. After game resumes, ticks will return to normal.
Old 02-01-2002, 09:59 PM   #38
AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe
Hathor

yeah i just get into this and it goes down whats the deal with that
and if i dontae money to any server its going to be IW
Old 02-01-2002, 10:01 PM   #39
Scholarcs
Red Dragon

quote:
Originally posted by Victor von Steiner:
Yep it has been down for an hour now. I keep getting this message.

Restoring deleted players for inactivity that did not log in after game went back up therefore they were erroneously deleted by game. Check again in 5-10 minutes. After game resumes, ticks will return to normal.

I get the same message. Looks like someone cant tell time.

BTW, how long in one tick in real time? I havent worked that out yet.
<br />\"A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five\" - Groucho Marx<br />Member of the ORT Clan. <br />\"Some birds are not meant to be caged because their feathers are too bright\"<br />Ma bouche sera la bouche des malheurs qui n\'ont point de bouche, ma voix, la liberté de celles qui s\'affaissent au cachot du désespoir. - Aimé Césaire<br />La plus perdue de toutes les journées est celle où l\'on n\'a pas ri. - Sébastien Roch Nicolas
Old 02-01-2002, 10:04 PM   #40
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
quote:
Originally posted by Scholarcs:

BTW, how long in one tick in real time? I havent worked that out yet.

I think it's about an hour. It has been 15 minutes, 30 for travel, lately because they had to catch up when they lost a few of days from a bug, but I think that's almost over now and it'll be back to normal.