Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-28-2001, 06:45 PM   #51
bilqis
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Tobbin:
I figure whether or not I can afford to NOT get the money back. If the answer is yes, then I would suggest you help her. You have already worked with her for a long time, so you are the best qualified to determine what kind of person she is. Life happens though, and she may not be able to pay you back right away. That's just the nature of money. Sorry if this sounds pretty rough, but that's how you have to look at it.
Thank you for your thoughtful reply Tobbin. You are right of course. I just finished discussing it with my dh and his input was an unequivocal NO. Because he's/you're right, we can't afford it. Harsh realities. I think no matter what decision I make, I will still feel bad about it.
Thanks again everyone.

Oh Enough doom-n-gloom! KDog, could you play a rousing uplifting song please sir?

------------------

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.
Old 03-28-2001, 06:47 PM   #52
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Epona:
Hi folks,
Just stopping in to say goodnight (how did I know you would all be here?)

LadyWendy: Good luck with the move, hurry back soon and tell us all about it.
We'll miss you while you are away!!

TTFN!

Thanks Epona! I'll miss you too!

------------------
Old 03-28-2001, 06:49 PM   #53
Tobbin
Red Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by 250:
SO you are here after all!!! how are you?

I cannot talk now though, busy busy busy busy, i hate life....

You're killing me 250. LOL. It's taking forever for me to load a page with your 3 Gif's and the picture.

------------------

Protectorate of the OHF
Death Waits 4 U ALL
Old 03-28-2001, 06:49 PM   #54
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

LADDDDDDDIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII ZIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIKKKKKKKKKKKKKKIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII III

WUZAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAP!!!

that will get your attention, how are you?
Old 03-28-2001, 06:49 PM   #55
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

LOL, come on KDog, have a seat, now scooch closer, you are too close to the edge...wouldn't want our bard to fall off and hurt himself, now would we (giggle, wink).

bilqis, shall we make our bard...comfy? LOL....(sips her drink, watching Zeek and Ladyz) This place has gotten remarkably quiet in a short time, hmmm?

CloudNine

------------------
Storm-Queen
StormCloud of the Black Knight

[This message has been edited by Cloudbringer (edited 03-28-2001).]
Old 03-28-2001, 06:50 PM   #56
Ladyzekke

Quote:
Originally posted by Tobbin:
My recommendation is that you look into your own pocket book and see whether or not you can afford to help her or not. Your only recompense, since this is against the rules of your organization, is to lend her the money as a friend. If you do this, you have to take it for granted that you may not receive it back (at least all at once). That's how I view it whenever someone asks to borrow money (and not just from someone that is poor). I figure whether or not I can afford to NOT get the money back. If the answer is yes, then I would suggest you help her. You have already worked with her for a long time, so you are the best qualified to determine what kind of person she is. Life happens though, and she may not be able to pay you back right away. That's just the nature of money. Sorry if this sounds pretty rough, but that's how you have to look at it.

Always the helpful one you are Tobbin!

------------------
Old 03-28-2001, 06:51 PM   #57
Tobbin
Red Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by ladyzekke:
Always the helpful one you are Tobbin!

I can't help it LadyZ. I've got a soft heart too. I try to help anyone that I can. Congrats on finding a house. I wish you well with it.

------------------

Protectorate of the OHF
Death Waits 4 U ALL
Old 03-28-2001, 06:51 PM   #58
KDogRex
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by bilqis:

Oh Enough doom-n-gloom! KDog, could you play a rousing uplifting song please sir?

You are SO right, milady!! One second and I'll have this place a hoppin!!

*looks over at The Zekke and Zeeke combination and decides that what we need is something a bit more, ornery and grabs another flagon of mead, draining it quickly and launching it to the Jukebox, increasing the slowly growing pile of broken mugs on the floor in front of it. Suddenly, The Ramones come on, loud and proud, with Rockaway Beach*

------------------
-Bard Extrodinaire of the OHF
Man of Sweet Words and Heart Aflame
Keeper of the Heart of Charean
Old 03-28-2001, 06:51 PM   #59
Ladyzekke

Quote:
Originally posted by 250:
SO you are here after all!!! how are you?

I cannot talk now though, busy busy busy busy, i hate life....

250! Nice to see ya! What's with all the dudes in your sig?

------------------
Old 03-28-2001, 06:52 PM   #60
Zeeke75
Baaz Draconian

LadyZ, you dance like the wind! *Spins her around, then into a grand DIP.* There is nothing better than to be close to the beauty of nature, and this room has plenty of natural beauty.

*Spins LadyZ a few more times, then bows deeply in front of her.*

Thank you, my lady!

*Goes to the bar to get a nice COLD drink.*