Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-14-2001, 03:20 PM   #1
Black Knight
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

It is now about 3 hours till dawn. After getting The Lord of Alcohol safely ensconced in his sleeping quarters, The Black Knight is restless. Unable to sleep, he goes down to the Armory to oil his Armor and his Blade. He walks in to find Cervando looking at his Two-Handed Sword, turning it over slowly, admiring the blade and the balance of the piece. “Good Evening, Stealthy Assassin. Anything I can help you with?”

Cervando is visibly shaken. “I’m sorry, I didn’t hear you come in. I was having trouble sleeping. There is Evil in the air. I expect you feel it to, Yes? Well, I found myself drawn to this room, and this sword. It is exquisite. Where did you get such a lovely piece?”

The Black Knight smiles and takes his amour off the wall. “Do you know how to hone a blade, Assassin? Good. Then you can have the pleasure of doing my sword as I work out the kinks in my armor. Meanwhile, I will tell you the story behind my sword.”

I was a young man from a long line of Nature Clans. We had many people with special powers involving nature. They could heal, but not from supplicating their gods, but rather working with nature. There was an evil force in the world that was bent on destroying everything that was good. One day, we received word that an evil mage was planning on unleashing a Young Red Dragon on Amn. My three older brothers and my father were selected in the party to scout out the Evil Mage’s Lair. They knew the Mage came from the North, and he was only ever seen in a Dark Gray Mage’s Robe. The Gray Mage found out about the scouting party, and was amused. So confident in his power, he let them come to the very door of his lair. It was at this door where he first unleashed his Dragon. It was an 8 feet tall fire-breathing dragon. The Dragon hated Good only slightly less than being held as another creature’s slave. It constantly looked for a way to break his bonds. But the only way to release the Dragon from the spell was to break the Dragon Necklace the Gray Mage had, and then dispel the magic around the Geas placed on the Dragon. The Geas would not let the Dragon harm The Gray Mage, and the Evil Red was not allowed to allow harm to the Gray Mage as well. So the Red waited.

The Gray Mage commanded the Evil Dragon to kill the men, but to leave their heads untouched. There was much slaughter, as the Dragon tore into his playthings, leaving the heads as instructed. He then instructed The Big Red to take the heads to the village below. With a big woosh, the Big Red collected the heads and flew to the town. The towns people scattered as the Fairy Tale Came to Life dropped in their midst, did his deed, and flew away. I was incensed. I tried to follow the Dragon then, but the High Priestess stopped me. Without speaking, she asked me to follow. She collected another Priestess and without a word, walked to the Sacred Grove. I was hesitant, but I was with the Priestess, so I followed quickly. We walked to a small stand of Trees, and came upon a giant fallen tree. “Try moving the tree.” I tried to get my hands around the trunk, but quickly gave up. It was too big around. So I settled for gaining purchase with both hands and, having set my feet, started to push for all I was worth. It was like granite. With every muscle bulging, I gave the tree everything I had. I was unable to move it. The Head Priestess said, “Without the permission of the Forest, nothing is possible. With Her help, all things are possible. Do you pledge to fight evil where ever you can?” I looked at her, blinked twice, and said I would. “Do you pledge to be of pure Mind, Heart, and Soul till task is completed?” Again I answered her that I would. The Priestess grabbed my hand and pricked both ring fingers. She let the blood from each finger drop on the tree, and the concentrated for a little. I felt really lightheaded, and weak. It was like all the colors got darker and all sounds were sharper. “Now, sir, please move the tree.” I pushed on the tree with one hand and it moved to the side. “Go forth and find what you need to fight this threat of Dark Magic.” Like I was entranced, I walked forward towards where the tree trunk had laid. I noticed a hole in the side of the hill the trunk had rested on where a man could crawl through. I went through and on the other side found myself in a dry cave. There were many items in the cave, but there were only three things that shown in the darkness. One was a ring. One was a sword. One was this fine magical armor. I brought it out of the darkness and back through the entrance. Once out, I noticed the slight glow of the armor faded slightly, and shuddered a bit. I turned around to see the Priestesses looking at me. The Log had rolled back into place. We walked back to the village.

“The sword you hold is the fable Evilsbane, the Holy Sword of Truth,” Said the Priestess, when we arrived back at the temple. “It helps shield your mind from magic, and it also helps you see through Evil’s tricks by dispelling the evil magic on contact. The ring is a homing ring. Its Mate was on your Father’s hand. You will use it to find the Fire-Breather. The Armor is resistant to heat and cold. All of this will turn on any person who tries to use it that is not pure of Heart, Body, and Soul. These armaments are connected to you now. If you are killed, they will be transported back here to wait for another that is worthy. Your task is to avenge your brother and turn back this Evil that advances on us. After that, you need to remain honorable and good-hearted to keep the tie to the armor. Go now and prepare for battle.”

I put on the ring and felt it pull me North. I took the Armor and put it on, buckling the sword to my side. “I am ready.” I said. I figured that I would not be surviving this, so it was time to be brave. The Priestess smiled, “You wear that armor like you were born to it. If you pass this test, I know a place you could go to truly learn how to use it. Have you ever heard of the Holy Order of the Radiant Heart?”

Within the hour, I was riding north with the hopes of the world riding on my shoulders. With the help of the ring, I was soon at the entrance the lair. Suddenly the Gray Mage appeared. “What is this? A mere Boy comes to play? I’m in a good mood. I will give you a chance to take your daddy’s sword back to him and not get hurt.” I took another step forward in anger and froze. “That’s what I thought. And I tried to be nice. What is a mage to do?” The Gray Mage says a few words and we are in his lair. The Dragon is sleeping in the room as they appear. The Gray Mage’s froze me by his giant pet. He picked up my sword and turned it in his hand. “This is a great sword. I can feel the magic in it. I generally don’t make a use of using swords, but this time I will make an exception. I wonder how it will feel to be killed by your own sword?” With that, he lifted up Evilsbane and started to do the killing stroke. Time seemed to stand still as the mage struggled against the sword. The air grew thick as the sword slowly turned on its wielder. The mage ducked to the left as the sword flew on it’s own volition toward the Gray Mage’s heart. The sword caught the Dragon Necklace and broke it off the Gray Mage’s neck. The Sword flies through the air and the tip hits the Red Beast. The Ubiquitous Beast let out a mighty roar, as the Necklace was broken. The sword dispelled the Geas the Gray Mage had placed upon the beast. He went forward to the Mage. The Mage was chanting and unleashed a blast of coldbolt that consumed the room entirely. The Dragon fell to the ground in a mighty blow. As the Mage turns to face me, he notices the Dragon stirring. As I get up to face him, he grabs a scroll. The Gray Mage smiles, turns to me and says, “See you in Hell.” With that he reads the scroll. There was a loud explosion as a ball of fire leap from his hand towards me. As it hits me, the chemicals from all the various vials on the walls erupt. I staggered under the intense pressure from the heat of the flames, but was protected from it by my armor. As I made it out, I felt a slight pressure from the ring. I looked up in time to see the Dragon trying to fly away. But he was too damaged, too badly beaten to heal anymore. As he plummeted to the ground, I dove for cover. I hear a great crash. I scramble up with my sword in hand in time to see the beast taking its last breath. It had caught its side on the spires of the Lair, and a large gash showed in his side. His breathing labored as I reached him. He said, in Draconian “Finish it. Please.” So I took my sword and plunged it deep into the Beast’s eye, and with one last breath, the beast died. I took his scales back to show proof of my tale.”

“So, I knew that you could not be evil, Cervando because you could handle my sword and feel it’s righteousness. You are a good choice for LadyWendy.” A rooster called outside. “It seems we talked the entire night away, Cervando.” Just then, in rushed a servant. “The Black Knight, CloudBringer send for you. A visitor approaches.” Cervando and The Black Knight are on their feet. As they rush to the front gate of the Estate, they meet LadyWendy and CloudBringer. “Does either of you expect anyone today?” The Black Knight asked. They look at each other and shrug. “Not this early, darling,” purred CloudBringer. I was just awaking and missing you from my bed when the servant came in to wake me.

“Either way, the horsemen approaches,” replied LadyWendy. The quartet looks up to see the rider come through. The Rider jumps down and sees to the horse. The Black Knight takes a step forward, and blinks. The rider takes the Black hood off her head. The Black Knight takes a quick breath, and says “Hope?”

STAY TUNED.

------------------
The Black Storm Cloud of the Night
Old 03-14-2001, 04:50 PM   #2
The.Relic
Red Dragon

Excellent work Black Knight, I've been wondering and waiting eagerly for your next episode to be posted. Thank you, definately worth the wait. Looking forward to more in the future.
Old 03-14-2001, 04:55 PM   #3
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Relic?! Excellent ? Excellent?!! EGADS Man, that hooded creature is his first love!

StormQueen feeling slightly thunderous
Old 03-14-2001, 05:07 PM   #4
The.Relic
Red Dragon

Hmmmm... My intetions were sincere, but it appears that I have somehow unintentionally offended the dear Lady Cloudbringer. Tis time I suppose to fall upon my sword, lest the Storm Queen gets ahold of me first.. Farewell friends....
Old 03-14-2001, 05:23 PM   #5
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Relic, (she says grabbing him by the arm and propelling him off to the side) I would wish no such thing! And tis not you I am feeling thundrous toward good Kensai.....(eyes the creature in the hood suspiciously)...stay near, dear warrior... I may have need of your services.... Tis a most unusual event we witness, I think. I may need to walk the planes this night..but I shall not leave my Black Knight...til I know what evil is afoot this day. Keep careful watch!

StormQueen, gathering the clouds

------------------
Storm-Queen
Purple Rose of the Black Knight
Old 03-14-2001, 05:45 PM   #6
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Excellent BK! You just HAD to leave it a cliffhanger didn't you?!! That way we can all suffer until you continue!

------------------
Old 03-14-2001, 05:57 PM   #7
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Sis! He's cruel..just cruel

I'm hanging around waiting to be whisked off to adventure....We polished off Korgans quests last night... I think I sorta remember them....Brain needs more sleep, or maybe oxygen?! LOL

Cloudbringer, chanting GET THAT HOSE for her sister

------------------
Storm-Queen
Purple Rose of the Black Knight
Old 03-14-2001, 06:11 PM   #8
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Hehe! Take it easy on them sis! Don't show them up TOO much! Have fun!

------------------
Old 03-14-2001, 06:15 PM   #9
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Great BK!!!
GREAT BK!
GREAT BK!

Please continue..

------------------

Do electric wolves dream of electric sheep?
Old 03-14-2001, 06:33 PM   #10
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

We're off to adventure...thanks sis, I'll be gentle (hehehe).

CB