Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-11-2001, 04:38 PM   #31
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Hi Relic! Thank you for your praise, well I will try to see if I can get a friend to read through it and help me with spelling and grammer. Just one question What does Mamories mean??

Well here is the second chapter, not done yet but a part at least.. Hopefully readable, I was rather tired when I wrote this
-----------------
2 The prophecy.

The darkness closed in on the three persons gathered by the campfire deep in the woods. Unnerved by the news the Elf had brought them they had agreed happily to his offer to join them, Garann seemed pleased for the first time since they had started the journey. Elusine where trying to get some rest and read her scrollbook to memorize some new spells that could be useful in their travels. Laraes told Garann about the prophecy.
-"You see Garann", Laraes said, "for a long time seers have given all the races some information about what is to come, you have that in your elders that can speak with your ancestors and ask for guidance, Elusines people have people with a gidft to see things in dreams and so have the elves though we "daydream" it ince we do not sleep in the same way as you do. One of our prophets had a visions hundreds of years ago about this day, it has been hard to tell since prophecies are very vague and in no meaning the truth since they are what can be, not was has to be but a warning how it can be. Now events have happened and when three major orc tides was about in shorter then three human generations, a big danger could threatten to overtake these lads and slave the kingdoms and empires to its will. This evil is not knowwn to us, and we have no more clues than that the both of you must get to the Order of The Holy Flame and to meet a young Chavaliere and aid him in his crusade or everything could be lost."
-" Could be?" Garann asked.
-"Yes, as i told you the prophecies are about what could be, not is" Garannan nodded his understanding and Laraes continued. "This prophecy has been repeated three times since the first one and thus is a strong one, which must be heade and not taken lightly. Would you like to hear it?"
"Please, go on" Garann said and drank some water.
Laraes was pleased, indeed this barbarian was a clever one, no doubt about his provess as a fighter but he had a calm and rational mind and was interested in knowing more about his mission. Not thinking that only a sword could solve all of their problems. His silence was also one that confirmed that he trusted him in telling something important, good Laraes thought fo himslef, I hate to repeat things over and over, time is short and the hour is late. The need for rest was important to though so he continued by telling the prophecy.

-"When the dark tides three,
has hit the land of kings and emperors,
a hero and a princess will emerge
to save the justified knight in his quest.
If he will fail, darkness will claim your hearts,
your children will be slaves under evil
and hope will die.

The princess and hero must to the
gathering of holy flames to seek
the knight. The knight will be saved
in orde to save us all."

-"Thats it?" Garann said, "you know how to find us by that"?
-"No not only by that", Laraes said, "we have been searching for clues for a long time and alot of puzzle pieces have finally come to place it seems". "When Elusine was borned we didn´t know of her by that time, her aunt didn´t becoma a Queen until six years ago. It was mentioned in subprophecy that the Amazones queens sisters third child would be the one that could get the "Dragons tear".
-"Dragons tear, what is that?" Garann asked, this was getting complicated, he didn´t like complicated things.
"It is an artfiact left from the last Golden Dragon to mankind to be used if mankind was worthy of their help in the future. All dragons have left these landsexcept from black and white ones" Elusine intervined, "There are no good aligned dragons left to help us unless we deserve their help, therefor we musy find this Dragons tear and I seem to be the only one that can call forth the dragons". Elusine stopped staring blank before her.
-"it is not an easy task to be born with fair lady" Laraes said, a soft smile spread on his face. Garann who felt like a bystander once again, not anything wrong with bystanders they got killed as often as participants so he would probably find alots of fights, enough perhaps to earn his elders respect so he could once more be with his clan. Anger got the best of him in his thinking anger at himself. Well I will see these two safely to Hasparan he said, they at least ment something in all these old prophecies and all.
-"Time to move?" he asked.
"Yes", said Elusine and don her packings, Laraes stood up and put out the fire.

They left the campsite and continued towards west and to Urden Split. They hoped that they would find horses there and also some clothes to better blend in amongst travelers and people. Garann stood out the most cause of his size and watchful grey eyes, black shoulder long hair, black heavy pants, sturdy leather boots, a riveted leather west over his bare chest which was decorated with tatooes and scars. With a sword at his back and many daggers in every place, he was not easily mistaken for a weary and tired traveler.. Garann didn´t liked cloaks, they´re in the way when you fight, only good if you´re at a good distance with a bow to help blend or if you fight with a onehanded sword and wrapped the cloak around you´re other arm and used it to block attacks with. Well if it gets colder I can always use my wool shirt he thought for himself, and well maybe he could trade on of the rocks he got from the elders for a cloak just to blend in. He probably should get some kind of armour to he thought, cities, bah, thieves and crocks all over the place no doubt. Well one of thosse plated leather armours some of the better caravan guards wore that his clan traded with perhaps, they be agile enough to fight in.

The moos was up but barely visible because a fog was rising from the forrest outlining the others only as ghosts in the dark. Elusine concentrated and let a spell she had stored in her spear help her see better in the dark, imideatly she could see the night so much clearer, not needing to stumble forth in the thick undergrowth. Autumn had the land clearly now, wet leaves lay as a multicolored carpet in the woods, some where still left on the trees thoug making the forrest really dark. She swept her cloak tighter about her and secured her spear on her back once more taking her bow to the ready. She prefered her composite bow over her spear. Better to fight enemies at a distance and let Garann deal with the close up fights, that wolfboy needed space in his fighting anyway she thought with a small smile splitting her lips. With Laraes darting back and forth around them there was no real need to be weary of the forrest but she didn´t like to trust others to much, it had been the downfall of too many of her sisters. The agile and ever smiling elf checked in on them and showed them owls and warned them for treachuresgrounds in front of them now and then. Garann didn´t needed the warnings though, he trodded on never losing speed and only stopped to see that she was there now and then, extanding his hand to help her to jump across a stream or something. Tsk, she neede no help, she was an Amazone, well none the less his caring was a "sweet" sign though. Her red leather armour enchanted to not give any sounds was getting damp and her legs was cold, she neede to buy trousers in the homlet if there was any choice to do so she thought.

The forrest was so alive, owls where on there prowl for food, the small animals hunting in the tress for the last berries and achorns to store for the comming winter, small mice were squrring along in the thick bead of leaves and foxes hunted in the dense grass, badgers digging for roots. Laraes was pleased so far. Teh night was beatiful and full of life, foxes warned him for unseen dangers and owls hooted their warnings and help from above, he knew the forrest all around him, it was hust to listen and see what all his friends told him. As a ranger he had long time ago learned how to speak with the animals in the forrest and had also learned who he could trust who which were about for mischieves. With Garann in the lead he had to keep a good pace though, barabarians and their stamina he thought, it was good to have him along, his friends back at the eleven forrest had told much about him, eager to learn a most humans, but a good listener and he never repeated mistakes. He was a true sworddancer and a good with most weapons, well not that good with a bow though, but he could hit a running rabbit with that sling of his a a full 50 step distance. And well up close, not even the best of elven sworddancers would like to fight him, his strength, quickness, and endurance made him a powerful and dangerous opponent.
------------------
Well I hope you like it so far!..

------------------

Do electric wolves dream of electric sheep?
Old 03-12-2001, 03:03 PM   #32
WOLFGIR

Well here is the end of chapter two, my last posting of the story here, will be too damn long threads, ehh hehe, well just thought about the Spam thread, not too long I guess hehe.. Well, here goes..
--------------------
The three traveled all night through the dark forrest without any dimays and though they were tired they were also happy to have covered that distance with the aid of Laraes, the fruit of hard labour lay before them in the early morning sun, the homlet of Urden Split. The first farms were small and light shone in the windows. Yet there was no sign of workers on the field and the rooster had yet not called the morning forth. The party rested awhile in the edge of the forrest and awaited the farmers to go up and about their business.

As they made their way towards the center of the homlet there it should be a tavern Garann kept looking back over his shoulder. He was glad to be out of theat forrest, and that very notion brought him discomfort, he had always felt safe in the forrests among animals and had always been able to find shelter but know somthing dark was over it, making the place feel more like a haunted dungeon. Yes, he thought the good things were about to end, and this is only the first steps of our journey.
Ah, a nice tavern, a beer and some warm food would make his mood better he thought and caught up with the othe two.
-"Too sad that a grand morning like this should be spoiled by bad mood" he said and tried to cheer the others up a bit.
"Now what did you find that merriment all of a sudden" Elusine asked back.
-"Well I thought about a good beer and some hot food thats all" he said a managed a grin.
"Well that would indeed be nice" she replied. "Got any money?"
-"Well some silver and I have some of these stones the elders gave me don´t know if they´re worth anything". He showed the others a clear stone the size of a small stone.
-"Friend, I buy you breakfirst and you remeber me well for that when you trade that one for gold will you?" Laraes said with a smile. Garann just looked puzzeled at him.
"You big brute" Elusine chuckled, "that is a diamond worth at least a coupl of hundreds of gold".
-"By the spirits" Garann laughed, "so this is how a diamond looks like. Hah!"
-"Well do you have more of thoose?" Laraes asked.
-"A couple more, this is the smallest one." Garann answered and put the stone back.
"Well perhaps we can buy us some horses in worst case then" Elusine said. "And we have to get you some clothes too Garann, your tatooes are scaring the poor farmers, look at them stare".
-"Well maybe you´re right. I could do with some good winter clothes anyway, the winter is not far."
-"A couple of months yet" Laraes said, "I takes a little longer for it to reach the mainland then in the mountains."

They all stopped in the center of the homlet and looked around, the tavern was to their left and in front of them a smithy was already up and at work with shooing a horse. The ringing from the smithy together with a smell of fresh bakery made them suddenly very hungry.
"Food" Garann said and hurried towards the tavern. His quick pace brought a lafter from the smith. "Be sure to order some applepie from Betty" he yelled and continued his work.
-"Will do good smith" laraes said with a smile and hurried after the barbarian.
"Boys.." Melusine muttered and then changed her mind and started after them, appelpie didn´t sound so bad after all!
Well inside they were greated by lovely smells from the kitchen, a stocky woman with red rosoes on her face from the kitchen greated them with a hearty smile. "Welcome travelers" She said in a friendly tone.
-"Do you have any appelpie?" garann asked, hunger evidently on his face. "But of course deary, I better give a big boy like you two portions and some bread too" she said laughingly. "M´lady and and you good sir?" she asked Laraes and Melusine as she knifed a big portion of pie for Garann.
"Appelpie!" they said in unison. "Ha ha, well i see you have talked to Bryan the smith" she said, "He always eats applepie after a hard day.
-"Thif if delifous" Garann said with his mouth full.
"Garann, behave you brute!" Melusine shouted.
-"Forry" Garann said, swallowing another piece of the pie.
"My your a hungry one deary" The woman said. She gave handed Garann a glass of milk as well wich he gladly accepted.

They moved onto one of the tables and sat down and finished their meals. Garann looked really pleased and huffed alittle. They looked around and after awhile they asked Betty if there was any chance of a caravan was due to town heading for Hasparan. As it was there was actually one in town right now she told them. One that were heading out toward Iningshamn, a trade town, only two days from Hasparan. They had come from the mountain late yesterday afternoon and had been troubled by som raiders and were probably happy to have you accompany them there Betty had told them. The Caravnmaster had comed down for breakfirst not long after that and had willingly accepted there company. They had a few hours of rest and Garann had also gotten himself a cloak and an extra shirt. Melusine had chided him that he started to look "civilized" and Laraes had laughed at them both telling Melusine that she should get som new outfits to, less she would encourage the caravan guards to come with bedtime suggestions. Red in face she also had to go looking for some clothes and come back with a pair of thight red trousers. Garann had in turn laughd at her, asking her if she had thought that it would help to paint her legs red. Some throwed plates and a little wrestling match later they waited for the caravan to move out. Tegir little scene had helped to cheer the mood alttle and Laraes had told them that something was wrong, when the gods wanted children to save the world he should made enemies like frogs and bugs so that they might at least have chance.

The caravan started out and they took place on the last wagon with a grizzled ol dwarf that was driving his wagon full of metall works from the Dwarfen smithies to Hasparan for trade. He was a bit sullen at first but after Garann had chared some applepie with him he sheered up and started to tell them stories about his adventuring days. It seemed that the old Dwarf hadn´t been able to sit still as young and had ventured out to see the world around him. He told them of his fights with orcs, giants, ogres and mystical undead creatureas, evil priests who served the dark forces of Nihaarat who had secret churches and temples. The trip seemed to be quite enjoyable after all, a dwarf that told them magnificent stories and after they had had lunch a bard joined them, making mock songs to the dwarfs adventures, a good laugh and a pleasent time indeed. But the darkness was closer know...

Watching the caraven Nikodemus watched as the last wagon frove by, there they were, an evil grinned split his thin lips. Tonight my little pretties, tonight you have an apointment with death he chuckled to himself as he returned to the three priests.
"Do you have any news", the leader said, Nikodemus hated that one, so full of himself.
"Yes, I saw them on the caravan we had just missed." Nikodemus said.
"Good, tonight then?" The female priest of the three said. That one scare him, so cold and so "dead" was the best descripton he could say. The last just nodded and folded his arms across his chest.
"Bring the orc captain to me" the leader told the female one.
"At once" she answered.
A big lumbering mass of muscles and foul stench entered the glade, his red eyes burned ever with a hatred. This fellow Nikodemus liked, brutal but efficent, with emotions, that s he could be manipulated. Oh could he ever. Tonight, if the barbarian and the girl died, they would soo unfortunately have killed the three priests in the provess. Spoils of war, bigger reward for them. The orc wa big and his forces were well trained orcsoldiers. There black armours and greataxes were dull in the settling sun, just a few more hours and the caravan would stop for nightfall, his night his prey would then be in his world..

-"Night is falling quick" Laraes said looking up at the sky.
-"Indeeed" muttered Garann. He had talked alot with the dwarf and had asked him what he could trade his diamond for. First the dwarf had wanted him to buy a great axe and a helmet, but Garann had told him that they were to slow for his liking. After awhile though the dwarf had givven up any thought of a real bargain and had talked with the head merchant, he had said that he could exchange it for 500 golds, a price Garann though very high but agreed to. That amount of money didn´t stay long in his pockets though. New arrows for Melusine, a leather armour to himself had left him with 20 goldens left. The leather armour was a really good one, made of tough leather but with a good fit, it had some protective magic in it and also it did not creak as normal leather would. Hardened with metal plates and rivets on the open areas, it would suit him well for protection. Melusine went over her arrows. Laraes made his himself and had only traded for some arrowheads and feathers. He sat in front of the fire and put five new ones in his cougar.
"Who takes the first watch?" She asked.
"That would be me my pretty." The bard said and put his longsword beside him and took out a flute.
"You go to bed and sleep now." He said and started playing a soft and gentle tune easing them quickly into sleep.
-"G´night" Garann said.
"Night" Elusine offered sleepily.
"Oh, you´re not serious are you?" Laraeas said, "Some tunes and you get all sleepy.. Well well, my good bard, lets hear an interesting story please, you must have heard some news from Hasparan."
"Indeed I have." He started, "Hasparan has no notion yet of the scourge that are threatiening the coutntry side, of orcs and raider they have no concern. Their knights are jousting and playing songs for maiden sweet,
if they do not make haste, death will soon lay bie there feet."
"You always talk like this?" Laraes asked, and made himself comfortable against a tree.
"Almost" the bard said with a smile. He started to play gentle on his flute again, careful not to wake the sleeping around him. His music trailed off into the woods to ears that not appreciated his humble tunes..
---------------

yup, pew..

------------------

Old 03-12-2001, 03:04 PM   #33
Draconia

Wolfie, My Beauty!! I love it. I had to search for this. I found it on page 2. You are doing such a great job. I am anxiously waiting for the rest of your wonderful story. Especially if there is going to be a dragon in it.

------------------

Draconia, Dragon Queen
Old 03-12-2001, 04:17 PM   #34
The.Relic
Red Dragon

Very very good howlingWOLFGIR, keep them coming when you have the time. Since you are a writer, maybe you would take a look at the short tale that I wrote for the lovely LadyRae under her post addressed to me. The feedback of another writer would be appreciated.
BIG SMILES Under normal circumstances a typo or mispell isn't humorous, but in this case it was priceless. When spelled properly (I'm using your spelling here for effect) "mamories" are the glands of a womans breasts. So when I read "They taught him well"...."and he grinned at the mamories". I doubled over laughing.
Old 03-13-2001, 02:32 AM   #35
WOLFGIR

Quote:
Originally posted by The.Relic:
Very very good howlingWOLFGIR, keep them coming when you have the time. Since you are a writer, maybe you would take a look at the short tale that I wrote for the lovely LadyRae under her post addressed to me. The feedback of another writer would be appreciated.
BIG SMILES Under normal circumstances a typo or mispell isn't humorous, but in this case it was priceless. When spelled properly (I'm using your spelling here for effect) "mamories" are the glands of a womans breasts. So when I read "They taught him well"...."and he grinned at the mamories". I doubled over laughing.
LMTO!!!

Damn, was that the thing I wrote?? Hehe, well then I can understand that you toppled over hehe.. Well I have checking through my first chapter now, fixing alot of spelling errors and trixing and fixing with the writing some.
i have already read your story, but it ws done in haste but what I read I liked alot. (I will head over there and read it again!) Cn´t you send it to my mail so I can post it on my website? pleeease..

And thank you for your support guys and girls!

------------------

Old 03-13-2001, 06:00 AM   #36
Moiraine
Anubis

Hi Wolfie, how is it going ?
I was a bit out of order yesterday, but I have printed your story and will read it today - don't want to miss it !

------------------
Old 03-13-2001, 06:03 AM   #37
WOLFGIR

Hi Moiraine! I hope the flu will over for you soon. I hope you´ll like it, if you can wait I will post it with less grammer errors, spelling errors and in PDF format tonight or tomorrow afternoon on my website. Hopefully it will be easier to read that way.

Take care lady Moiraine.

------------------

Old 03-13-2001, 06:11 AM   #38
Moiraine
Anubis

Thanks Wolfie, don't worry about errors, I will manage !
Flu is on its way away - I rested a lot yesterday, now I am still tired but way less feverish, so I can post now more than I did yesterday.
And go to Stealthy's site, I have posted 4 photos of Yorick's visit to Grenoble.
I hope you will enjoy them.

------------------
Old 03-13-2001, 06:59 AM   #39
WOLFGIR

Quote:
Originally posted by Moiraine:
Thanks Wolfie, don't worry about errors, I will manage !
Flu is on its way away - I rested a lot yesterday, now I am still tired but way less feverish, so I can post now more than I did yesterday.
And go to Stealthy's site, I have posted 4 photos of Yorick's visit to Grenoble.
I hope you will enjoy them.

Yep!
i saw them! I liked the one when you´re cat tried to bite Yorick!

You have a nice family! Though Yorick had cut his hair I saw... Almost didn´t recognize him..

------------------

Old 03-13-2001, 07:03 AM   #40
Moiraine
Anubis

Yeah, Wolfie, my Zebulon cat is a bit like you - very fluffy cat, imposing look, tries to bite everybody in sight for play, but he is also the sweetest cat ever ! Norwegian breed ...

------------------