Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 06-09-2001, 08:59 PM   #11
jabidas
Silver Dragon

There is a fix for it over on kevin dorners baldurdash page.

------------------
Old 06-09-2001, 09:09 PM   #12
Kerlyssa
Manshoon

Yah, I was looking at those...too bad my comp gear is all pack up and en route from California, and I'm on my friend's comp. Oh, well...at the rate ToB's moving, my stuff will be here before then.
Old 06-10-2001, 01:37 AM   #13
Haddar - Servant of Talos
The Magister

I took them all out with one guy (my multiclassed cleric/mage. Or i should say, with a little help from that pit fiend. I guess I was kind of lucky. I only had to kill the lich, since the mage killed him-/herself with lightningbolt (I think it was lightning). The lich wasted loads of spells on the pit fiend, for some reason. But then again, I was out of the lich's sight so who could he cast his darn spells at??
Now, the vampire wasn't to hard with a couple of summoned critters, and when the pit fiend finally died (killed by the lich!!!) the lich didn't stand a chance. I'm not in ch. 6 yet, so I did this battle quite early, I think. But then again, I didn't know what was coming when I stepped through that door.
Old 06-10-2001, 07:34 AM   #14
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

One spell you will want to cast before you enter the room, is 'Protection from evil 10 radius'. Later in the battle, the mage in the back of the room will summon a Pit Fiend. Since you're protected from evil, the Pit Fiend will ignore you and attack the mage instead. That's one problem taken care of.

The Beholder should be tackled by a fighter with the 'Cloak of Spell Turning'. Basically, whatever ranged spell attacks he throws at you will be reflected back to him.

Use your other fighter to handle the vampire. Support him with a Cleric with restorations spells just in case.

By the way, get somebody from the start, to summon higher level creatures. Mountain Bears and the Druid's Fire Elemental comes to mind. They will be your 'shield' and absorb the brunt of the attacks.

Your mages, meanwhile, should concentrate on the Lich. Use Ruby Rays, Warding Whips, Breach, etc... ... to nullify his spell protections while some of your summons move in to whack his brains out.

P.S. Melf's Minute Meteors are good here too( cast the spell before you enter and stoneskin too), in disrupting the Lich's spell casting from a distance, after you remove his spell protections.

Note: Try to maintain all your characters' Hp above 60 at least, to prevent certain instant-death spells from working.

Note: Cast long duration spells before you actually enter the room. You'll save time later on during the actual battle.
  • Stoneskin
  • Melf's Minute Meteors
  • Protection from evil 10 radius
  • Protection from petrification
  • Haste
  • etc... ...[/list]
    Note: Immediately get someone to start summoning creatures to aid you in the fight once inside. Try not to start dialogue if possible. Then you can cast 5 creatures beforehand.

Note: SAVE before you attempt this. While I have yet to fail, mistakes/bad luck CAN happen. Don't get over-confident.

Note: Try to attempt this only when your characters are relatively high level. Life will be easier if they are. Feel free to enter before your 10th char-level though.

Did I miss out anything? Feel free to inform me.

------------------
    If not a Sorcerer, than a Paladin.