Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-22-2001, 11:54 PM   #1
lekimbel
Welcomed New User

Last night I had a look at the character classes because i wanted to create an "anti-paladin"..nothing against paladins, my cavalier is excellent now with holy avenger sword, but an all-rouned outfit is a good outfit...anway, i have the unholy reaver sword...is there ANY way to make/create an anti-paladin and get him using this weapon of great hideous evil?? heheh. hope so!? Ips. I was confused yesterday and called an anti-paladin an Avenger..sorry just getting the titles mixed up, Avenger is a Druid sub-class I know now. thanks!
Old 02-23-2001, 12:04 AM   #2
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Not unless you create a new kit yourself. That weapon is unusable by any PC in the game.
Nothing great about it anyhow, it's just a 2H sword +5. The Soul Reaver +4 is a much better weapon.
Old 02-23-2001, 12:04 AM   #3
BLACK KNIGHT

There is no kits for them, if that is what you are asking, but maybe Jon the HellCaster can put one together for you. Or any of the other fine Tech people we have on this site. Anyone know Jon's web site offhand. Someone erased my history on this pc. I know it was pasted on here once, but that has been a while. Anyone help this man in search of evildoing?

BK

Old 02-23-2001, 02:03 AM   #4
lekimbel
Welcomed New User

Oh its no big D, just a little evil dream. Its just I always had thought the opposite of a Paladin should be as powerful as his/her counter. I mean, why not? Another example of how silly the obssession with "being good" came as i was entering the palace and a few golems and those weird magic creatures (Raesyhea?) attacked: I mostly nuked them out with a few fireballs then noticed a couple of elves who asses I saved turned against me, because they managed to get hit for like a point or two! I was like oh whatever and dispatched them. Then i see my rep goes from 18 to 9! I'm like, what??!! THEN I go to the entrance and a couple of elves come out all thanking me for "saving" their city and stuff. (so they should-their god just told me to go kick ass!) its SO SO SO lame about the way fireballs make allies turn its just not funny....in fact, its the major reason I even considered turning evil!!!!! heheh oh well it serves me right for being so nice all game, I think this is like some kind of back-lash against the Forces of Good. Normally I like saving the innocent! Heheh In other news...What does Soul Reaver do anyway?? and really all I want to know-is what WOULD an anti-paladin DO? like powers etc in the rules? thnks
Old 02-23-2001, 07:12 AM   #5
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Here's an antipaladin as defined by the Council of Mystra.

The anti paladin is the lowest of the low, a true abomination to all that is good and holy in the world. They are utterly selfish, completely self-absorbed and don't give a DAMN ABOUT OTHERS. As a complete opposite of everything that is noble about a Paladin, the Anti-Paladins are the truest servants of evil, though their fall into depravity has granted them many unique abilities. They have twisted abilities to cause painful diseases to anyone they meet, combined with a uncanny knack for controlling undead and all but the most powerful of demons. Moreover, they are immune to all kinds of curses and diseases and can cast many destructive priest spells upon their foes.
ADVANTAGES:

· +2 TO ALL SAVES
· IMMUNE TO DISEASES AND CURSES
· CAN CAUSES SERIOUR WOUNDS
· CAN CAUSE DISEASE AT LEVELS 1-12-21
· CAN CONTROL UNDEAD AND DEMONS AT LEVELS 12-15-18
· GAINS LOW LEVEL OFFENSIVE SPELLS STARTING FROM LEVEL 9
· USES THE WITHERING TOUCH INSTEAD OF THE LAY HANDS(REMOVES 2 hp PER LEVEL NO SAVE ONCE PER DAY)
· AT LEVEL 19 HE IS GRANTED A BLADE OF HIS GOD, THIS WEAPON IS KNOWN AS DARK JUSTICE, THIS IMMENSE BLADE WILL INFLICT 1d12 +3 DAMAGE AND HAS A 15% CHANCE OF AGING A TARGET THAT IT STRIKES, IF THIS HAPPENS THEY WILL LOOSE 10 HP FROM THEIR MAX AND LOOSE 1 DAMAGE FOR 1 DAY

DISADVANTAGES:

· MUST BE OF AN EVIL ALIGNMENT
· DOES NOT GAIN THE TRUE BENEFITS OF HIS EVIL DEITY UNTIL LEVEL 8, IF HE FALLS TO 6 REPUTATION BEFORE THIS LEVEL HE WILL BECOME FALLEN AS A NORMAL PALADIN WOULD
· ONLY USES SWORD EFFECTIVELY
· HAS NO SHIELD WIELDING BONUSES
· HAS A MAX CHARISMA OF 3
· NEEDS 15 WISDOM AND 14 INTELLIGENCE
· NEEDS A MINIMUM STRENGTH OF 16
· CAN'T USE RANGED WEAPONS WITH ANY SKILL

Soul Reaver causes a -2 penalty to be applied to the victim's THAC0 with each hit. This is cumulative.
Old 02-23-2001, 10:58 AM   #6
Father Bronze
Baaz Draconian

Jon's website is

http://www.gis.net/~yos/

I didn't see an anti-paladin kit yet.
Old 02-23-2001, 07:20 PM   #7
lekimbel
Welcomed New User

Cool-thnks for that descirption..wow they are pretty evil!!! but then...a paladin is pretty good,...like tell me you could spend 4 minutes in the room with a Lgood chrcter anyway i liked that sword. oh yes thats my style. I wonder if you put a ring of human infl. if their charisma could go above 3??

is that a class played like in regular d&D...when I used to play (which was ages ago) I vaguely remember there were anti-paladins..only diavdantage is no lay hands...the damage effect is nowhere near as good. still it would be nice to have the chance to play that character
Old 02-23-2001, 07:34 PM   #8
Gabriel
Emerald Dragon

The 3ed has a pregistige class called Black Guard. While it open to anyone, Fallen Paladins get extra powers depending to there Paladin level.
Old 02-23-2001, 08:16 PM   #9
RAISTLIN

Memnoch - Where the heck did you dig that info up? You have also quoted some other rare/obscure facts on some other thread. Are you referencing a particular book/manual? If so which one? I might like to read that.

Old 02-23-2001, 08:51 PM   #10
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Jon might get a bit pissed off but the antipaladin kit is available from the Council of Mystra: The Darkest Day site. The Darkest Day is an unofficial BG2 expansion, similar to what Jon is making. There's about 73 kits, none of which i have tried. I like making my own stuff

I'm full of obscure facts