Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 09-28-2000, 01:10 PM   #1
Abundibiga

OK, this is the most messed up game i've ever played. It was working alright for a few minutes, then it just crashed for no good reason, all my save game files became corrupt, and then all of reinstalls worked, but I can't get into the actual game past the menu part. I don't know what the hell is it's problem. I have heard and read that a lot more people besides myself are having install problems. I love the game but the fact that it's soooo damn buggy really pisses me off. If anyone could offer any advice on how to get BD2 to work beyond getting a new computer system would help alot.

Old 09-29-2000, 08:04 AM   #2
KALNIRANJAN

Well I've just been set to the task to sort out this problem for my boyfriend, he played for about 2-3 hours, the game crashed and now I can't get it to start again beyond the home page thingy, I cant find any record of saved files or even a character file for his new character...Am i crazy and just missing something here or is this a problem...........help please!!

Old 10-03-2000, 10:54 AM   #3
Loremaster

It would help if you could post your system specs including operating system. Someone may then know what the problem is being caused by.

Old 10-08-2000, 04:09 AM   #4
Tobbin
Red Dragon

Well, I don't know if this'll help you any, but whenever you install something for the first time, it is always a good idea to copy the save game(s) directories to another area as a backup. Whenever you finish playing for the day, it is good to copy these to that area. Back to the install/crash problem. Depending on your system, you may need to change some hardware settings. An improper sound card or video card setting could cause it to crash. I was playing BGII with a Voodoo card on multi-setting, but this kept causing it to crash. I also manually changed my video display to 640x480 resolution with True color. Lastly, I changed that voodoo setting to only support OpenGL. Turned everything else off. So far (knock on wood big time), it's working good. My system is pretty outdated though, Pentium Pro 233 w/48 megs. Not a clean system either as I have installed/de-installed several programs. If you haven't tried de-installing the program first, it is a good idea to do so BEFORE re-installing the program. For some reason, Windows just doesn't seem to update properly unless you do this. Each time you do an install/de-install, you should also re-boot the system to let it update the configuration files properly. I don't have Windows ME, so I don't know if that process will help you, but it seems to work ok with 95/98.