Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 11-25-2001, 07:29 PM   #71
SecretMaster
Apophis

Melusine's right. Limp Bizkit is rap and rock. Korn is hard core metal all the way, and Linkin Park is like metal and rap.
Old 11-25-2001, 07:41 PM   #72
Melusine
Dracolisk

It will pass... I remember when Nirvana was considered 'heavy' and 'alternative', and nowadays teenage kids don't even flinch when you play some Cradle Of Filth to them...
My guess is that the next great hype will be "soft" again...or possibly house... it always seems to fluctuate like that.
Old 11-25-2001, 08:48 PM   #73
Debaser

• pixies
    royal trux
    my bloody valentine
    radiohead
    melvins
    soundgarden
    frank black/catholics
    nirvana
    sonic youth
    alice in chains
    smashing pumpkins (pisces iscariot and before...)
    ~*~*~*~*
    hendrix
    jefferson airplane
    iron butterfly
    pink floyd (syd barrett especially...but animals and everything preceding it as well)
    led zeppelin
    velvet underground
    ~*~*~*
    i really dig surf rock too...dick dale, impala, the lively ones, man or astroman?

this list is by NO means exhaustive. you've caught me in a very tired mood....

oh holy god christ baby jesus. how could i forget THE DOORS!???
Old 11-25-2001, 09:00 PM   #74
Raif Gwydionson
Dungeon Master

The Clash

the only band that matters...
Old 11-25-2001, 09:03 PM   #75
Staralfur
Baaz Draconian

quote:
Originally posted by Melusine:
It will pass... I remember when Nirvana was considered 'heavy' and 'alternative', and nowadays teenage kids don't even flinch when you play some Cradle Of Filth to them...
My guess is that the next great hype will be "soft" again...or possibly house... it always seems to fluctuate like that.

Yes, it all seems to go in cycles.

The latest thing over here is 'chill out' music, and you can buy endless compilation albums of it. A few years ago it would have been called ambient (I guess that's not trendy enough though). It is sort Massive attack made a bit more accesible and far less scary. The big difference is you'll still be listening to Blue Lines in 5 years time, but 'so chilled it's got frostbite 2001 volume 32' will be in the shoebox under your bed (or where ever you keep all your embarrasing records) within about 2 months. Having said that, some of it is ok, it's just not music that you can properly listen to.
We\'ve heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the Complete Works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true.\"<br />Robert Wilensky <br /><br />\"Why is there only one Monopolies Commission?\" <br />Screaming Lord Sutch<br /><br />If you choke a smurf, what color does it turn?
Old 11-25-2001, 09:10 PM   #76
Tiamat
Banned User

insane clown posse, drowning pool, sum41, all sorts of bands!