Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-09-2001, 03:33 PM   #1
Cybaslasher
Elite Waterdeep Guard

What are the most useful spells in BGII? Thanx.
Old 06-09-2001, 03:55 PM   #2
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

Mage: Magic Missiles, Resist Fear, Flame Arrow, Improved Invisibility, Breach, Lower Resistance, Mislead, Power Word Silence, True Seeing, Spell Sequencers, Spell Trigger, Abi Dalzim's Horrid Wilting, Chain Contingency, Spell Strike

Cleric/Druid: Remove Fear, Holy Smite/Unholy Blight, Zone of Sweet Air, Protection from Evil 10', Negative Plane Protection, Mass Cure, True Seeing, Aerial Servant, Bolt of Glory, Conjure Animal, False Dawn, Earthquake, Sunray, Greater Restoration, Call Woodland Being, Insect Plague, Creeping Doom, Conjure Fire Elemental

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Old 06-09-2001, 05:50 PM   #3
Kerlyssa
Manshoon

Mage: Chromatic Orb, Magic Missile, either Invisibilty, any of the spell protection removers, spell sequencers, Contigency and Chain Contingency, Aganazzar's Scorcher and lower resistence, and all the summoning spells.

Clerics and Druids: Protection from evil 10, Sunray, Insect Plague, and all the summoning spells and healing spells.

Well, actually, half or more of the spells are 'needed' at some point in the game...those are just the ones I used most.
Old 06-09-2001, 05:53 PM   #4
Staralfur
Baaz Draconian

Depends on how you play. If you power game everything, the more damaging ones are best. If you prefer to use more subtle methods different spells are more useful.
Old 06-09-2001, 09:45 PM   #5
Black Knight
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

For me, it more of a combo thing. Web and entangle with some type of range damage, like fireball, works well...

BK
Old 06-10-2001, 12:42 AM   #6
E`bola
Dungeon Master

Yes
Web and Cloud Kill or Death Fog are best

------------------
mostly harmless
Old 06-10-2001, 12:54 AM   #7
Zateel
Zhentarim Guard

Magic Missile, Breach, and Cure Serious Wounds and that's all you need. Everything else can be fixed with a sword.
Old 06-10-2001, 12:55 AM   #8
Haddar - Servant of Talos
The Magister

Well, I think much depends on if you play your spellcaster solo or with a party. I think, for example, that "mass cure" is quite unnecessary when I only have one guy (me) in my party. I also play the spell "skull trap" near me more often when solo, even though I also take damage. But since I'm the only one in my "party", it's not a big deal, 'cause I usually don't take any other damage. And with the Ring of Gaxx, WHO CARES!
Old 06-10-2001, 12:56 AM   #9
sunder
Zhentarim Guard

Yep, depends on what mage you play.

Cloudkill and Death Cloud work wonders on alot of opponents, especially enemy groups.
Any summoning spells are excellent also, Mordainken's sword is a great summoned item.
For my fighter/mage, Tenser's transformation just rules. Drops my AC by 4, doubles my hp, and raises my attacks. Makes me a cutting machine.